• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 2015 |OT| All of our teams suck!

Bread

Banned
I think there are plenty of backs that could have did what he did though. That was scheme related and not because Vereen was doing anything particularly special.They won't skip a beat with any 3rd down back that can block.
You could say the same about Amendola and Edelman. The scheme isn't everything, you need perfect execution to beat a team like Seattle.

Tom Penny

You could say the same about Amendola and Edelman. The scheme isn't everything, you need perfect execution to beat a team like Seattle.

Vereen was catching simple outs and getting almost no yards after the catch. If he was breaking people off that's a different story. I give him credit for no drops.

ampere

Who would you guys draft for the number 1 pick?

NastyFrayedBantamrooster.gif

or

bionic77

In this case that bastard is right.

There were not a lot of broken tackles. They just spammed that play out of the backfield. Seattles defense never adjusted.

Tom Penny

He had a 16 yard reception, but sure keep arguing despite being proven wrong.

You're right he did have a 16 yarder. None of this changes the fact that I believe there are plenty of backs that could do what he did because it was the scheme not anything special.The proof will be in the pudding when you see what the Pats are willing to pay him. I'm betting it ain't all that much.

JaMarco

There were not a lot of broken tackles. They just spammed that play out of the backfield. Seattles defense never adjusted.
But you said before the game Pats offense had no chance because they struggled against worse defenses!

Man God

Non-Canon Member

That's the scary part about how good Seattle was at defense the last two years. They never adjusted. They never went tricky with their scheming. They just knocked the shit out of people.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Vereen never became what I was hoping. He is a solid receiver for a back, but he is useless between the tackles and isn't as dynamic or as explosive after the catch as advertised. Danny Woodhead had more big play ability, and honestly wasn't much worse between the tackles.

Bread

Banned
You're right he did have a 16 yarder. None of this changes the fact that I believe there are plenty of backs that could do what he did because it was the scheme not anything special.The proof will be in the pudding when you see what the Pats are willing to pay him. I'm betting it ain't all that much.
all I'm saying is that I doubt he gets a lot of money in FA, so I hope we can retain him.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
That's the scary part about how good Seattle was at defense the last two years. They never adjusted. They never went tricky with their scheming. They just knocked the shit out of people.

It's really telling about the coaching staff... I mean really that's how ridiculously talented that d is. Watch the micd up stuff, everybody on the field and sideline knew gronk had kj on him, and they just let it happen. You can hear carroll say, cmon kj make a play.... call a to pete it's the sb.

Top Bottom