• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 2015 |OT| All of our teams suck!

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
So my parents are looking at getting a new TV for the living room to replace their 8 year old Samsung LCD, which is on its last legs.

They're aiming for a 65-70 inch TV, and they don't really have a price limit.

They'll be using it primarily for watching movies.

4K and 3D are not pre-requisites, but if they happen to be included, they wouldn't mind.

I mentioned to them about the new LG 4K OLED TVs that are coming out in late spring/summer, but I'm not sure that they'll be patient enough to wait that long since they've been dying to replace their TV for awhile now.

Any suggestions based on what's available right now?

RBH comes from a rich family, he's definitely picking up our next bar tab.

It sounds like you already recommended them the whole OLED thing so I'm not sure where they could go from there.

Awful list. You're missing about 27 teams from the hate column.

Eh, most of the other teams on that list I don't really care one way or another. Some teams, loke the bears I have a mild appreciation for but not enough to really comment on. Others like the chargers I don't really like but not enough to get upset about.

If the Rams come to LA I'd probably catch a game or two each season.

MRSA

Banned
RBH comes from a rich family, he's definitely picking up our next bar tab.

It sounds like you already recommended them the whole OLED thing so I'm not sure where they could go from there.

That's why RBH and rando are picking up our French Laundry tab friend.

My n3DS XL is sitting in a distribution facility ten miles away, but they won't let me just come and pick it up. It'll be here by monday, so till then I have to spend time with my goddamn girlfriend.

Got today off, but since I don't own a coffee maker, that means I gotta leave to get my caffeine fix and it's cold as fuck out. Today sucks.

bionic77

So my parents are looking at getting a new TV for the living room to replace their 8 year old Samsung LCD, which is on its last legs.

They're aiming for a 65-70 inch TV, and they don't really have a price limit.

They'll be using it primarily for watching movies.

4K and 3D are not pre-requisites, but if they happen to be included, they wouldn't mind.

I mentioned to them about the new LG 4K OLED TVs that are coming out in late spring/summer, but I'm not sure that they'll be patient enough to wait that long since they've been dying to replace their TV for awhile now.

Any suggestions based on what's available right now?
OLED is the best. Get that.

4k is stupid.

If the room doesnt have a ton of light then get the best plasma otherwise I believe Sonys LED TV is the highest rated one.

Tom Penny

Texans going to make that leap. Lucks run is already over

A team like, say, the Texans, which didn’t want Manning three years ago and which would now have a chance to rectify that blunder and perhaps finally vault beyond the divisional round of the postseason.

MechDX

Texans going to make that leap. Lucks run is already over

LInk?

2 thoughts:

1) I don't think it will happen. Don't think O'Brien would be too interested.

2) If for some insane reason it did happen I would not support the move at all. It would set the franchise back at least 2 maybe 3 years.

Tom Penny

Jameis been working out

B90eSQQIIAIMQYQ-480x571.jpg

MRSA

Banned
I wonder if Amari Cooper were in last year's draft if he doesn't fall to round 2. This year? Top 10 pick.

He's 2nd round talent, doesn't have elite measurables but is a polished route runner. This years WR class is really lacking. Dorial Green-Beckham is really the only possible elite WR but he's the next Josh Gordon.

JaMarco

He's 2nd round talent, doesn't have elite measurables but is a polished route runner. This years WR class is really lacking. Dorial Green-Beckham is really the only possible elite WR but he's the next Josh Gordon.
Are you high? Amari Cooper is not a 2nd round talent.

eznark

Banned
My n3DS XL is sitting in a distribution facility ten miles away, but they won't let me just come and pick it up. It'll be here by monday, so till then I have to spend time with my goddamn girlfriend.

Got today off, but since I don't own a coffee maker, that means I gotta leave to get my caffeine fix and it's cold as fuck out. Today sucks.

Just go get it. I do that all the time since UPS delivers in the evening for me usually. It can be a hassle finding the local number though, and you want to call first. If you talk to UPS or try to go through their site they won't give you the option.

Jarnet87

Shit dat Jameis angle picture. I only want an QB with an Adonis body. We all know that is the key to QB success. It's no surprise Brady Quinn is the games best QB.

Godslay

Banned
I actually think how a person runs a shovel tells me all I need to know about them.

At least in the context we are talking about.

Top Bottom