• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 2015 |OT| All of our teams suck!

A rivalry game like this can bring the best out of players. This late momentum is a huge confidence boost for them.

I just played around with the stasguru on cricinfo and Pakistan have successfully chased 300 five times in the last ten years, with none of those coming outside Asia/UAE.

EDIT: It's actually five times :(

RBH

Cricket is awesome

untitled-147fx0v.gif

bionic77

Did anyone here every play football seriously? If not do you wish you did?
I played basketball, tennis, a few years of golf (not seriously I just played with the team to get free rounds of golf at the country club), and a year of cross country (I was decent at that without trying but I hated it).

I was number 1 on the tennis team for a year and a half and it was one of the more successful teams in our school. But in the 90s football had the most currency with the girls. At least in PA. That shit got you laid. I remember when a friend got the starting spot at RB and ran for 200 yards at the HC game. :lol he dumped his gf the next day.

That said I am glad I did not play football. Those injuries are not worth it unless you get paid.

jakncoke

Banned
I only played in 7th grade and gave up because to get a starting spot it was more of are you related to a teacher or person of power in the city and your parents bank accounts vs. talent and even them would of been tough sledding as most the starters are a starter on both offense and D

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth

I only ever played basketball in any organized capacity, high school and some college. I am getting back to ballin' now in my older age after a long hiatus, holding up pretty well so far.

Looking back now, I do wish I had gotten into football when I was younger but all my parents knew about was Little League back then.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Eh, I think a lot of us played high school football here.

I did until I quit to do theater because there were loads of chicks in theater. Our high school wasn't one of those typical high schools where playing football necessarily got you laid like in the movies though. It was based almost entirely on sense of humor and appearance (just like the rest of real life!)

MechDX

Played football in high school. Its Texas, if you did not play football well you were a loser. Had some bigger schools scouting me and made contact (Ohio St.) my size was a plus: 6ft 5in and 285 lbs.

All those dreams went to shit when I got caught in the bottom of a dogpile and broke the L4 vertebrae in my back. Came back from that but no major school would touch me after that. Played a year of JUCO as an OT in a run-n-shoot offense but I played with some severe pain and had to hang it up.

Godslay

Banned
Made it to Phoenix. Now to enjoy a week of golf and 80s.

Always feels weird to go from single digits, step off the plane and it's 70.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
We're talking about former sports glory?

Never played football, my side of the school region I was in wasn't the one that played football so I never got to play it competitively.

I played baseball and basketball though. I quit baseball too early I think I might have been good enough to get a free education and that's it.

Basketball I was just the hustle and heart guy.

Greg

Played football in high school. Its Texas, if you did not play football well you were a loser. Had some bigger schools scouting me and made contact (Ohio St.) my size was a plus: 6ft 5in and 285 lbs.

All those dreams went to shit when I got caught in the bottom of a dogpile and broke the L4 vertebrae in my back. Came back from that but no major school would touch me after that. Played a year of JUCO as an OT in a run-n-shoot offense but I played with some severe pain and had to hang it up.
:(

Watt learned all he knew from you

Former middle linebacker. I was like Tedy Bruschi, loved rushing the passer, but only being 6'0" means I couldn't be a full time DE.

Also played a lot of soccer as a kid at a decent level. Always in the highest team for my age group till I quit at 16 or something (granted, not the biggest club so playing in the highest team was cool, but nothing awesome). Switching between defensive midfielder and striker. Also played some golf from since I was 14/15 as well, some small club level competitions, but nothing major. Just used it as a relaxation thing mostly, calm my mind down a bit.

And last but not least, did some MMA training, but after a while got too scared to break my nose and quit :D

RBH

I played football, tennis, and basketball in high school. Also tried out soccer and baseball when I was younger.

I was on the football team during my sophomore year and played WR and DB.

I was pretty decent at almost every sport I played, but looking back, I wish I focused on just one sport and stuck to it. Probably basketball.

JABEE

I basically played everything except football when I was younger.

Travel Soccer up until U-16, Indoor Soccer, Roller Hockey, Baseball, and some CYO Basketball.

Dutch, you guys had American football leagues over there?

Tom Penny

I was a pitcher in baseball but all the other positions were boring so I quit. It also cut into me skateboarding everyday which was more fun.

Bessy67

I played football and that was it. It's the only sport I was ever any good at. I was the left guard on my high school team, which won the Division 2 state championsihp my senior year. That was pretty cool.

Top Bottom