• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 2015 |OT| All of our teams suck!

Chris Mortensen ‏ @ mortreport 1m 1 minute ago
Oregon QB Marcus Mariota has informed teams he will throw Sunday at the Scouting Combine.

Ian Rapoport ‏ @ RapSheet 52s 52 seconds ago
# FloridaSt QB Jameis Winston is planning to throw at the Combine, source said. Amping things up a bit.

Gil Brandt ‏ @ Gil_Brandt 4m 4 minutes ago
. @ RapSheet now reporting Winston will throw at combine. Mariota, Winston, Petty, Mannion, Hundley all will throw. Maybe tide is turning.

JABEE

Why would they want to put a deflated ball I'm the special teams collection? Punters and kickers hate that shit.

C'mom Jubee. Stop being so god damned pathetic.
There aren't any more details, but whatever they were doing, it was to gain an advantage. The Ravens complained about the kicking balls. Both teams use the same kicking balls. Pats may have tried to put deflated balls in when the Colts were kicking. I don't know. All I know is that they cheated before and there are accusations which were serious enough to spark an official investigation by the NFL! I'm not being pathetic.

Tom Penny

Chris Mortensen ‏ @ mortreport 1m 1 minute ago
Oregon QB Marcus Mariota has informed teams he will throw Sunday at the Scouting Combine.

Ian Rapoport ‏ @ RapSheet 52s 52 seconds ago
# FloridaSt QB Jameis Winston is planning to throw at the Combine, source said. Amping things up a bit.

Gil Brandt ‏ @ Gil_Brandt 4m 4 minutes ago
. @ RapSheet now reporting Winston will throw at combine. Mariota, Winston, Petty, Mannion, Hundley all will throw. Maybe tide is turning.

Are any scouts and GM's dumb enough to pick or not pick a player because the thew well or poor at the combine over trusting the countless hours of game film they have seen of the player?

Had the new "Spicy" Whopper at burger king....I think the regular whopper is spicier :/ I wish they brought back the angry whopper

I'd rather they not bring back the Angry Whooper, not because it's bad but because it's so good I can't resist it. Especially right now when I'm on a diet and have already lost 20 pounds these past two months. So suffer for me chris! It's what Trejo would of done.

Some dude put on his mic half way through a FIFA match just to cuss me out because I was celebrating goals while beating his ass. Is this sense of extreme pleasure what it feels like to be ez? :')

Godslay

Banned
Dp6OxQ8.gif

Bread

Banned
Some dude put on his mic half way through a FIFA match just to cuss me out because I was celebrating goals while beating his ass. Is this sense of extreme pleasure what it feels like to be ez? :')
I just played a guy in Madden who went for it on every single fourth down (there were many) and beat him with a Toby Gerhart touchdown run with 6 seconds left. Felt good, bro!

RBH

Maybe the Falcons won't be able to solve all their woes in just one year. But 2015 could be a significant step in the right direction for a team that sorely needs pass-rushers.

New coach Dan Quinn, a pass-rush guru, got spoiled with the group he had in Seattle as the defensive coordinator for the Seahawks. Now, he inherits a team with essentially no legitimate threat off the edge. Remember, the Falcons opted to target run-stuffers Paul Soliai and Tyson Jackson in free agency last season rather than securing a pass-rusher or two. And everybody obviously signed off on adding the big space-eaters, no matter who wants to point fingers for the oversight.

Signing a player such as Justin Houston from Kansas City, Jason Pierre-Paul from the New York Giants or Greg Hardy from Carolina this offseason sounds so appealing. But it seems unlikely -- though not impossible -- that the Falcons would shovel out $12-15 million per year for such a player. Not to mention the franchise tag could keep top-flight pass-rushers from going anywhere.

Washington's Brian Orakpo would have been a top target for the Falcons last offseason had he not been hit with the franchise tag. Orakpo is set to hit the open market in March but is coming off a season-ending right pectoral tear. It will be interesting to see whether the Falcons maintain an interest in the three-time Pro Bowler, who has 40 career sacks.

The Falcons might be better off targeting a pass-rusher such as Pernell McPhee from the Baltimore Ravens. He didn't start a game last season yet was productive with 7.5 sacks and 26 quarterback hits to go with 11 tackles for losses while playing 489 of 1,034 defensive snaps. The former fifth-round pick from Mississippi State made a modest $645,000 last season. McPhee, 26, will get a significant raise but won't force teams to break the bank.

Chicago found a bargain pass-rusher last season with the addition of Willie Young at $3 million per year. Young delivered a team-leading 10 sacks and 10 quarterback hits in his first season with the Bears.

Adding just one capable pass-rusher won't be enough for the Falcons. They need to stockpile as many as possible. Two names worth monitoring on the free-agent market are Adrian Clayborn from Tampa Bay and O'Brien Schofield from Seattle.

Clayborn, 26, was drafted in the first round by new Falcons assistant head coach Raheem Morris when Morris was the head coach of the Buccaneers. Clayborn also had Falcons defensive line coach Bryan Cox as his position coach in Tampa.

Scofield, who turns 28 in April, played for Quinn the past two seasons in Seattle and is familiar with Quinn's scheme, so he's a natural fit and would add more depth to the position.

There will be other reasonably priced options, as well. And Quinn could get more out of players such as Ra'Shede Hageman, Malliciah Goodman and Corey Peters, if the Falcons opt to re-sign Peters. Plus, the Falcons are expected to target a pass-rusher with the No. 8 pick in this year's NFL draft.

The Falcons have an estimated $21 million in cap space right now, based on ESPN Stats & Information figures and a projected $140 million team limit. They could increase that amount before free agency starts on March 10th with the release of veterans such as running back Steven Jackson ($3.75 million cap savings) and possibly guard Justin Blalock ($3.79 million cap savings), who currently has a 2015 cap figure of $7.91 million.

We'll see how this all plays out. But one thing is for certain: The Falcons are in a rush to improve.
http://espn.go.com/blog/atlanta-fal...-falcons-be-willing-to-invest-in-pass-rushers

Are any scouts and GM's dumb enough to pick or not pick a player because the thew well or poor at the combine over trusting the countless hours of game film they have seen of the player?

Remember when some people thought Teddy Bridgewater could have been the number 1 pick last year and he slipped to the end of the first round because of a bad pro day?

Remember when some people thought Johnny Manziel was a second round talent (even before all the bullshit off the field came into play) at best and teams tripped over themselves to trade back into the first round and pick him because he could throw to uncovered guys inside a dome wearing camo shorts with Drake blasting in the background?

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Remember when some people thought Teddy Bridgewater could have been the number 1 pick last year and he slipped to the end of the first round because of a bad pro day?

Remember when some people thought Johnny Manziel was a second round talent (even before all the bullshit off the field came into play) at best and teams tripped over themselves to trade back into the first round and pick him because he could throw to uncovered guys inside a dome wearing camo shorts with Drake blasting in the background?

Poor bg never could resist Drake.

MechDX

Forgot I had Bing rewards active. Just redeemed less than 1500 points for $15 in Xbox credit. Going to buy Sniper Elite 3 for $10 on the One.

MRSA

Banned
Fuck you Coldplay

Edit more of your posts, communist.

Fuck freedom hating degenerate Pats fans, that inclues you Dutch!

Milch is the only sensible Pats fan!

Tom Penny

The future looks bright

To little surprise, it looks like those two paths will cross. Mary Kay Cabot of the Cleveland Plain Dealer reports that the Browns have expressed interest in McCown’s services. They have not yet set up a visit with the veteran quarterback, but could do so soon.

Via Schefter

Cardinals and Larry Fitzgerald closing in on multi-year deal that will get done and enable him to finish his career in Arizona.

#RIPinArizona

Arc

Will the Cardinals retire Fitzgerald's number? I know it's not a big thing to do in football, but they've got no other franchise guy from these few years of non-mediocrity.

zychi

Banned
Chicago sports radio think that Bears will grab Mariotta if hes there :/

Theres bigger holes to fill than qb. The score is already turning on Pace and its only been like a month. Bitter old men running sports radio here

eznark

Banned
It's an odd numbered year so the binary narrative has shifted to "ignore the combine."

Guess we'll have to wait til next year for NFL hacks to trot out the Wilson's and Matthews of the world.

Top Bottom