• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 2015 |OT| All of our teams suck!

Colasante

Why though?

Dollar figure will probably be less and years longer.

Most teams aren't going to do that for most players. There really isn't any incentive to.

It's just about setting that precedent, regardless of the hard numbers. There would inevitably be a give and take that makes it worthwhile for the team, but once one player gets a big fully guaranteed contract, every big free agent is going to ask for one.

FootballFan

I just got told that over here in New Zealand a lot of the games are streamed online for free from the nfl website.

I guess it's an easy way to get the sport growing here.

Obviously to watch them all you need to subscribe but still that's pretty cool.

Dallas Cowboys are mes que un team

They are America's Team™

2pac wore a Raiders jacket in To Live And Die In LA iirc

Doubt these other teams have had that privilege.

cdyhybrid

I just got told that over here in New Zealand a lot of the games are streamed online for free from the nfl website.

I guess it's an easy way to get the sport growing here.

Obviously to watch them all you need to subscribe but still that's pretty cool.

hDcVKz7.jpg

Cap....

Jason Cole ‏@JasonPhilCole 11m11 minutes ago
#NFLPA expected to announce Friday it believes salary cap could be as high as $143.5M, at high end of #NFL range. 3 sources said.

There was some thought it could range down to 140 million but many sources claim it will indeed end up at the high end.

ampere

Yeah I guess that does make sense if they can get the per year amount reduced.

Still a risky deal, big fully guaranteed deals are dangerous.

Godslay

Banned
It's just about setting that precedent, regardless of the hard numbers. There would inevitably be a give and take that makes it worthwhile for the team, but once one player gets a big fully guaranteed contract, every big free agent is going to ask for one.

Guess we'll have to see the numbers.

I don't foresee a change to fully guaranteed contracts unless the money is low. Teams just won't do it. It's a burden rather than a blessing if something goes wrong.

gutshot

The Sixers traded KJ McDaniels and MCW for picks.

Holy Shit. The Sixers aren't even trying to be good for another 6 years.

KJ McDaniels isn't a suprise since he was only on a one-year deal, if I'm not mistaken. Kinda shocked about MCW though. I'm guessing Brown/Hinkie didn't think he was a guy you could build your team around, so why not get a top pick for him and try again?

eznark

Banned
Guess we'll have to see the numbers.

I don't foresee a change to fully guaranteed contracts unless the money is low. Teams just won't do it. It's a burden rather than a blessing if something goes wrong.

There simply aren't that many players who would be able to demand it. It's not that big a deal.

Draxal

I'm not a Raiders fan, Giants fan all the way.

I'm just saying they best fullfill your requirements. Kansas City and Oakland are Denver's traditional rivals, and Raider Nation is much bigger than the team.

The fact that the Brown's and Raider's fanbase are still very strong after a decade of futility are credits to those fanbases.

pdsurca5mlhrdy0erezg.png

Pictured: Professional athlete with known history of ankle issues tying tires around his ankles in a dumbass workout.

Here's Tim Grover's, trainer to the NBA stars, take on it.

Tim S. Grover @ATTACKATHLETICS
Follow
.@RGIII Saw this photo, concerned about this exercise in light of your previous injuries. See next tweet.

Follow
.@RGIII This exercise puts excess stress on ankle/knee/hip, forces abs/glutes to fire incorrectly. Weakens the throw

Follow
.@RGIII Hope you don't mind the opinion but I've seen too much go wrong. Work smart, not just hard.

He should practice with stafford, he's got enough padding to prevent any injuries

Edit: Bionic make sure you leave an address or phone number so we can contact you for our French Laundry dinner

Fox318

NBA cap should have 1 player per team that doesn't effect the salary cap. A guy like Kobe is probably worth the money he is as an icon and a brand guy but under a talent cap it makes no sense.

Fox318

Do you really want to go the MLS cap route

I just look at somebody like Kobe and even to some extent Peyton manning and see that they have 0 reason they should have to take a paycut.

If your boss went up to you and asked you to cut your pay in half you would tell him to buzz off.

Top Bottom