• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 2015 |OT| All of our teams suck!

Colasante

Some more good Combine nuggets from Roster Watch...

Great #Panthers source told us: DT in 2013, X WR in 2014-always right. This year, all he can talk about is OT. They'll take 2 this year.

Ever heard of TE Demetrius Harris, Chiefs? Us either. He's all Dorsey talks about when people ask about Kelce, though. SLEEPER. 6-7 230.

Sell, sell, sell Larry Donnell in your dynasty leagues for whatever you can get. Coughlin hates him and we've heard whispers from others.

TEXANS SOURCE: Team has "locked in" on a change-of-pace back. Between the 7000 of us, it's Ameer Abdullah.

bionic77

That's what you get for questioning Gronk. Heed this, Spinluck.
You are dumb.

You don't get anything from questioning him.

But you will get super AIDS and all sorts of other horrible diseases if you have sex with him, come too close, make mild contact with him, and sometimes if you look too closely at him.

You are dumb.

You don't get anything from questioning him.

But you will get super AIDS and all sorts of other horrible diseases if you have sex with him, come too close, make mild contact with him, and sometimes if you look too closely at him.
How badly will Gronk destroy the Steelers this year?

Tomsulas 2nd press conference went a bit better today. Your standard shit but he was asked about harbs comments:

About the only time Tomsula appeared irritated was in a second session with Bay Area media when he was asked about a report in this newspaper that Harbaugh hinted that he had been undermined as head coach and with that the inference Tomsula was the man doing the undermining.

``First of all, there's nothing to that, it's ridiculous,'' Tomsula said. ``Second of all, if anybody needs to talk, give me a buzz. OK? That's all.''

good! i am a harbs fan and i will always be but the interview he gave to kawakami last week was bitchmade in my opinion. i'm not even saying he is lying about the situation (i think there is more to the story but he's not outright lying) but why do this type of interview now? the only reason is to hurt the 49ers.

yes york and baalke are douchebags and harbs shouldn't have been fired but it's done, it's over and now you're putting shit back in the press just to get some revenge? you're at michigan now. let it die and write a book in 10 years. it just puts undue shit on the players and on the new coaching staff.

AND he does the interview with kawakami who obviously has it out for the 49ers as a whole (and always has). harbs had some verbal altercations with kawakamis trolling over the past few years and now he's sucking his wang to get out his side of the story.

RBH

exr8ba0uxxuqhsqjm3pv.gif

Whatever Happened To The NFL Combine's Fastest Man?

Rondel Menendez wants to play. It's Sept. 3, 1999, and the Atlanta Falcons are playing their final preseason game, against the Cincinnati Bengals. It's the last opportunity for players on the bubble to earn a place on the roster. Menendez has already done enough to show he's one of Atlanta's 53 best players, but wants to get into the game anyway.
http://deadspin.com/whatever-happened-to-the-nfl-combines-fastest-man-1682921832

Colasante

Rotoworld released their list of the top coaches in the NFL. Belichick at #1, Joe Philbin last at #25. Boldest choice is Bill O'Brien at #8. Hard to argue after the Texans' turnaround, without their #1 pick and with a cavalcade of mediocre quarterbacks, though next year should prove whether it was his coaching or the easy schedule that made it happen.

Rotoworld released their list of the top coaches in the NFL. Belichick at #1, Joe Philbin last at #25. Boldest choice is Bill O'Brien at #8. Hard to argue after the Texans' turnaround, without their #1 pick and with a cavalcade of mediocre quarterbacks, though next year should prove whether it was his coaching or the easy schedule that made it happen.

Lol Philbin last? I mean I hate the guy but there are worse coaches

eznark

Banned

Arians at #4? lol

Kubes not even in the top 10?

This guy will look stupid when he wins 3 Super Bowls in a row with The Broz.

JABEE

Chip ahead of McCarthy! The Revolution!

Chip wins without needing an All-Pro QB to carry him!

Imagine the Eagles last season with Rodgers instead of Sanchez.

So we're still kissing Chip Kelly's ass then?

JABEE

So we're still kissing Chip Kelly's ass then?
Great offensive mind who managed to beat the Cowboys and Panthers, two playoff teams with Mark Sanchez.

Bruce Arians shit on Mariota and Oregon's offense, because he's still pissed off that Chip knocked his ass out of the playoffs in 2013. He got us back in 2014, but Arians holds grudges!

Tom Coughlin at #9.

Below Bill O'Brian and Chip Kelley even?

Lulz.

EDIT: Arians at 4? ....ok.

JABEE

Two regular season wins are all it takes to be a top 10 coach in the NFL.
The 2013 offense was historically great. Only the Broncos were better. Last season the Eagles were a top 3 offense, I believe.

The Eagles were 4-12 before Chip Kelly came here.

They played one half of the season with a broken line and the other half with Sanchize.

jbug617

Banned
Chargers and Raiders propose sharing a stadium in Carson, CA. This is if they can't get the cities to pay for new stadiums for them
http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-nfl-stadium-20150220-story.html#page=1

The San Diego Chargers and Oakland Raiders, rivals on the field, are moving forward together on a plan to build a $1.7-billion NFL stadium in Carson that they will share.

The Chargers and Raiders will continue to seek public subsidies for new stadiums in their home markets, but they are developing a detailed proposal for a privately financed Los Angeles venue in the event they can't get deals done in San Diego and Oakland by the end of this year, according to the teams.

In a statement given to The Times on Thursday, the Chargers and Raiders said: “We are pursuing this stadium option in Carson for one straightforward reason: If we cannot find a permanent solution in our home markets, we have no alternative but to preserve other options to guarantee the future economic viability of our franchises.”

The teams are working with “Carson2gether,” a group of business and labor leaders. The coalition will announce the project Friday at a news conference near the 168-acre site, a parcel at the southwest quadrant of the intersection of the 405 Freeway and Del Amo Boulevard.

Mary Kay Cabot ‏ @ MaryKayCabot 10m 10 minutes ago
Marcus Mariota on the possibility of # browns trading up to get him: "that would be an awesome opportunity. I'd love to play for the Browns."

#Browns Farmer said he's done a cost-benefit analysis on trading up for a QB
I know it's silly but I always like to hear Qbs say things like this. Only because I'm afraid one day a guys gonna refuse go play for us because of our Qb history..........

The 2013 offense was historically great. Only the Broncos were better. Last season the Eagles were a top 3 offense, I believe.

The Eagles were 4-12 before Chip Kelly came here.

They played one half of the season with a broken line and the other half with Sanchize.

John Fox coached a team with THE most prolific offense in NFL history and now he's unemployed. Great offenses don't mean shit if you don't win. Chip Kelly's first two years have gone without a playoff win. Let's see how long he stays in the top 10 with performances like that.

JABEE

Jeff McLane of the Philadelphia Inquirer told 97.5 The Fanatic that if Mariota is available Chip will do whatever it takes to trade up to get him.

JABEE

John Fox coached a team with THE most prolific offense in NFL history and now he's unemployed. Great offenses don't mean shit if you don't win. Chip Kelly's first two years have gone without a playoff win. Let's see how long he stays in the top 10 with performances like that.
John Fox coached that offense, really?

Peyton Manning calls the plays.

Jarnet87

I know it's silly but I always like to hear Qbs say things like this. Only because I'm afraid one day a guys gonna refuse go play for us because of our Qb history..........

I'd rather hear a QB come out and say no I don't want to play for a certain team then lie through his teeth. Cleveland is a death sentence. It's worked pretty well for Elway and Eli Manning.

gutshot

John Fox had arguably the greatest QB in NFL history. Chip Kelly had Nick Foles and Mark Sanchez. You tell me which one should be held to a higher standard.

Jeff McLane of the Philadelphia Inquirer told 97.5 The Fanatic that if Mariota is available Chip will do whatever it takes to trade up to get him.

How did he define available though? Dropping out of the top 5? Top 10?

Fox isn't responsible for that offense even if he lets someone else call plays.

So let me be clear then..

Is a 6-10 coach who calls his own plays better than a 10-6 coach who delegates? Show me where priority lies here.

John Fox had arguably the greatest QB in NFL history. Chip Kelly had Nick Foles and Mark Sanchez. You tell me which one should be held to a higher standard.
Uh, I am holding Chip Kelly to a higher standard, that's the problem!

2 years in the league, zero playoff wins. Jim Harbaugh went deep into the playoffs every year before this one and he's unemployed. Or should we disqualify him too now?

JABEE

I'm saying career defensive coach John Fox isn't responsible for the Peyton Manning lead offense that basically broke every offensive record in 2013 and 2014.

You compared the Denver offense to Philadelphia. Chip has a lot more to do with the success of his offense than John Fox does.

Top Bottom