• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 2015 |OT| All of our teams suck!

I love when players support their other local teams (technically, DC, but whatever, that's Baltimore's hockey team too.

yZWDVPF.jpg

Steve Smith would kill someone on the ice.

Furyous

I love when players support their other local teams (technically, DC, but whatever, that's Baltimore's hockey team too.

Steve Smith would kill someone on the ice.

Watch someone have a story similar to Rodimus Prime except for the fact that this individual actually catches the fade with Steve. Steve might legitimately mess someone up out there. This is the same guy that caught a touchdown pass with a broken arm. The same dude that broke a teammates jaw. The saw dude that routinely slams defenders that outweigh him by 160 pounds.

Y'all need to lay off that guy, former Ravens hall of fame linebacker. As much as I dislike the Ravens (Fuck a Raven) people need to leave that guy alone for expressing his opinion.

STOP TRYING TO TEMPT ME BLARRY!!!

I WON'T SWITCH TO THE RAVENS!

You switch to the Bengals, you support a team basically just as doomed/heartbroken

You switch to the Steelers, you support Pittsburgh and all the people it inhabits. Plus Big Ben.

Face it, a situation where the owners are awful assholes describes 10 teams right now, but there's only been one that's won the Super Bowl in the last 3 years. We the best of a bad situation, no shame in hopping on this ride

minx

Jnc: on Raiders fans in here getting excited about Trestman being the OC. You obviously didn't watch his play calling this if if you are excited. Enjoy his ineptitude, his constant screen plays, refusing to run with a top 4 RB, and inability to adapt to defenses changing the playstyle.

Jnc: on Raiders fans in here getting excited about Trestman being the OC. You obviously didn't watch his play calling this if if you are excited. Enjoy his ineptitude, his constant screen plays, refusing to run with a top 4 RB, and inability to adapt to defenses changing the playstyle.

Yeah, because it's not like some coaches are better at being a coordinator than a head coach... Raider fans just suffered through Greg Olson for several years, Trestman would be a massive improvement

It's becoming increasingly clear that the Harbaugh hire was a complete fluke and Jed York is like a younger Dan Snyder. People actually expected Fangio to stick around too after his subordinate was given the HC job right out from under him? I mean, maybe Tomsula is some sort of wonder coach but hiring a guy with no HC interview seems like a Snyder move. Reminds me of when he hired coordinators before hiring a head coach. York is batshit.

Don't get the Del Rio signing either. He's like the definition of a retread.

It's becoming increasingly clear that the Harbaugh hire was a complete fluke and Jed York is like a younger Dan Snyder. People actually expected Fangio to stick around too after his subordinate was given the HC job right out from under him? I mean, maybe Tomsula is some sort of wonder coach but hiring a guy with no HC interview seems like a Snyder move. Reminds me of when he hired coordinators before hiring a head coach. York is batshit.

jed "the penny pincher" york is a fucking idiot and has no idea what he is doing. i am a big fan of tomsula and always have been but i can't say i have much confidence in him as a head coach right now. then we are releasing the entire staff aside from rathman? wow i don't know.

whatever though. while i am not feeling great about the signing i dont think i'd feel great about any signing with the way out management is. who were we going to get? the message with the whole harbaugh situation was: hey, you can get us to 3 straight NFC title games, a superbowl, win 70% of your games and guess what? it's not enough you're fired after 4 years ESPECIALLY if you have any independent thoughts!

why would any coach want to work under that type of management?

RBH

Some news and notes about the Falcons' coaching search from Atlanta sports radio this morning:

• Bowles/Bowles agent called Falcons - we are getting an offer from Jets - do you want to make us an offer? Falcons response: NO, we are sticking with "the process"
  • Bowles felt there was much more pressure in Flowery Branch/Falcons than the other places he interviewed.
  • It does not feel like Arthur Blank's presence is helping the Falcons right now
  • Rich McKay is leading the interviews and is conceding that the personnel is awful (lol, while Dimitroff is sitting in the room)

• 1st interview w/ Teryl Austin - Pioli challenges Austin on his selections for OC/DC which are 1st time coordinators - Pioli, you are a 1st time head coach and you want to bring in 1st time coordinators? Austin response: well I'm a first time coordinator, too - <burn>
  • Some feedback from coaching candidates - rather overwhelming and confusing with Blank, McKay, Pioli and Dimitroff - lots of cooks in the kitchen
http://boards.atlantafalcons.com/to...0-this-morning-re-falcons-coaching-searchwow/

Sweet, the front office has no clue what the fuck they're doing.

jed "the penny pincher" york is a fucking idiot and has no idea what he is doing. i am a big fan of tomsula and always have been but i can't say i have much confidence in him as a head coach right now. then we are releasing the entire staff aside from rathman? wow i don't know.

whatever though. while i am not feeling great about the signing i dont think i'd feel great about any signing with the way out management is. who were we going to get? the message with the whole harbaugh situation was: hey, you can get us to 3 straight NFC title games, a superbowl, win 70% of your games and guess what? it's not enough you're fired after 4 years ESPECIALLY if you have any independent thoughts!

why would any coach want to work under that type of management?

Look on the bright side. In 2016 there won't be any audible complaints during games!

Because the fans will have seen the 5-win record this upcoming season, gotten the fuck out of dodge, and there'll be nobody left to populate their precious new stadium.

It's mostly because his name isn't Greg Olson or Greg Knapp lol

Nah, but I like Trestman, liked him when he was our OC back in 2003, during our SB run, (tho he wasn't the playcaller) I thought he would do better with the Bears and I really don't think he was the problem there.

I think his scheme is a perfect fit for Derek Carr, fast efficient west coast concepts and quick timing routes that Carr excels at, lots of motions and crossing routes, and I love that he gets the FB involved, since we happen to have a very good one. I don't mind the screens either since they are well designed and he always finds ways to get the OL to the 2nd level.

And also, like Officerrob said, many HCs do better when they go back to being coordinators. I think he'll do good things if he comes here.

:jnc that bitterness

Now I read the front office will be "assisting" with hiring Tomsulas staff. Lol this is fucking hilarious.

We gutted our entire staff, hired a puppet yes man and now the dumb motherfuckers who fired a .700 coach get to pick the rest of the staff.

Bravo jed you stupid fucking fat fuck loser. I almost feel like actively rooting against the niners so we become the Jags and the yorks decide to sell the team. It's a sad day when the raiders front office and structure seems a million times better than yours

Furyous

WOW... did I just hear Stephen A Smith saying the Cowboys will go to the SB next year?

SAS is to teams what Skip is to QBs: a curse. Every time Skip cosigns a QB they suck. He defended a QB with a 46.5 rating for two years. Now he's cock snuggling the Browns 1st-round QB. SahawksGAF feel free to post that Richard Sherman slander towards Skip.

Now I read the front office will be "assisting" with hiring Tomsulas staff. Lol this is fucking hilarious.

We gutted our entire staff, hired a puppet yes man and now the dumb motherfuckers who fired a .700 coach get to pick the rest of the staff.

Bravo jed you stupid fucking fat fuck loser. I almost feel like actively rooting against the niners so we become the Jags and the yorks decide to sell the team. It's a sad day when the raiders front office and structure seems a million times better than yours

We all say what we want about the Browns, but if a person ever took them to the Super Bowl, I don't think he'd ever be fired. If he took them to a SB and 3 straight conference championships, there'd be a statue of him built that year.

How can any fan of a team not look at this and have mixed feelings? The best coach of the SF team in the last 20 years got ran off out of spite, and replaced by a promoted position coach while the guy who was right there begging for it not only didn't get promoted but was allowed to leave after. It's baffling how anybody thinks this team isn't doomed as long as the Yorks are in charge.

The team plays hard for Jimmy T though whether it was the depleted D line or when he was the interim coach for just one day, that's the difference, they completely quit on Harbaugh and Roman.

It wasn't even the schemes, this whole season showed that nobody on offense was focused on what they have to do for a whole quarter, and all Harbaugh did was make excuses for them but behind the scenes we don't really know what he and Roman did, all we know is that they can't score and Kap can't even keep track of the play clock, it's like they were shell shocked all year, Fangio basically stopped blitzing and the D line was left on its own without Aldon Smith for the majority of the season and rushing D still ended up 7th in the league.

We can debate whether Tomsula knows his Xs and Os, maybe he's just a dumb D line coach, but he's probably shown that he's a good enough manager of players to get his shot. We'll have to see who he picks as OC and DC.

It's obvious Fangio is gone.

The team plays hard for Jimmy T though whether it was the depleted D line or when he was the interim coach for just one day, that's the difference, they completely quit on Harbaugh and Roman. It wasn't even the schemes, this whole season showed that nobody on offense was focused on what they have to do for a whole quarter, and all Harbaugh did was make excuses for them but behind the scenes we don't really know what he and Roman did, all we know is that they can't score, Fangio basically stopped blitzing and the D line was left on its own without Aldon Smith for the majority of the season and still ended up 7th in the league.

We can debate whether Tomsula knows his Xs and Os, but he's probably shown that he's a good enough manager of players to get his shot.

It's obvious Fangio is gone.

Whole thing is a clusterfuck and we are going to be mediocre foe a while

SAS is to teams what Skip is to QBs: a curse. Every time Skip cosigns a QB they suck. He defended a QB with a 46.5 rating for two years. Now he's cock snuggling the Browns 1st-round QB. SahawksGAF feel free to post that Richard Sherman slander towards Skip.

Yeah, Skip will praise Tebow, RG3, and Manziel, but will bash Aaron Rodgers any chance he gets.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex

:jnc @ a Burrs fan talking.

You're "#4 RB" couldn't run on us cause we're that good. Sit down and contemplate your Qb situation,

minx

That's fine if you think Trestman would be better than what you had, but I would want more. I mean he called for a FG on 2nd down.....a 47 yard FG, I bet you can guess if Gould made it. I'm just in saying I watched every single snap and I wouldn't want him being my OC. Good luck if you hire him, hope he bounced back seems like a good guy.

Top Bottom