• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 2015 |OT| All of our teams suck!

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
If the Browns get Shelton I think me and Rando will be even closer.

The disrespect for BG will continue but that ain't me so I don't have a problem with it.

cdyhybrid

Alright, your serious answers have taken the fun out of it, real (and obvious) talk then.

You have locked up most of the players that really matter including your true champion, Thomas. You'll be competitive for quite a while because of this. The D is dominant enough that you don't need an elite QB, just a guy that can create plays and doesn't turn the ball over. Wilson is sufficient but I did see him struggle a lot this year. I have to imagine you'll be looking to provide him weapons early in the draft to help him out. It should be fun watching the Cards and Sea Hawks slug it out for the division for the next few years or so, hopefully both teams can stay healthy for the match ups next time.

I wouldn't mind some help along the O-line either. Maybe a TE. Really, anything on offense other than QB is a draft pick I wouldn't mind. We could use some more depth along the D-line as well, but that's something every team is looking for :p

LevelNth

Banned
I'm looking forward to seeing everyone go 'whaaaaaaa?' next year when the Niners are clearly better than they were this year and win 11+.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
BG is a big boy, he doesn't need my help.

Plus he is still getting punishment for when he tried to usurp the crown from King Wes.

BG is a big boy, he doesn't need my help.

Plus he is still getting punishment for when he tried to usurp the crown from King Wes.

Sure BG is a usurper and a known slut, but he's also your digital blood. Yall have shared years upon agonizing years of the Browns disappointment and shame together. If you don't have love for your digital kinfolk, who do you have love for, cat?

It's "Fuck UNC" all day, but I couldn't
probably
stand idly by while rando shits on Bowser for no reason.

MechDX

---> RT @LoriSchmidt Just spoke to an official at Ginn Academy. They said Cardale Jones is holding a press conference there at 3 p.m. today

Albert Breer ‏@AlbertBreer · 12s12 seconds ago
And from Cardale Jones himself ... RT @CJ12_ Life changing decision at 3pm ��

If he declares he needs to go to a team that doesn't need a QB this year.

I took two sick days off work this week. Even though I felt like shit being off work felt so good. The downside is that I realized that I only read news/current events while at work so I have no clue what happened for the past two days.

Very little reason for Cardale to go back to school unless he just really likes getting college vjj thrown at him (which for some guys is very tempting! But its ultimately unpaid).

99% chance he doesn't see the field next year for OSU so might as well strike while the iron's hot and we still have him schooling Wisconsin, Alabama, and Oregon in our collective consciousness.

Jarnet87

---> RT @LoriSchmidt Just spoke to an official at Ginn Academy. They said Cardale Jones is holding a press conference there at 3 p.m. today

If he declares he needs to go to a team that doesn't need a QB this year.

I think its more likely a team that is bad with no QB will spend a 2nd or 3rd on him. Harder to see a good team spend that type of pick, 2nd and 3rd round picks are suppose to be guys that can fill holes, start or contribute to a team right away.

gutshot

Are the Titans really going to draft Mariota at 2? He's not really a fit for Whisenhunt's system plus they just drafted a guy in Mettenberger. I really don't think they will go QB there, but who knows, maybe they fall in love with Mariota.

Next team that might take him are the Jets. Could they be scared of taking another shotgun-spread guy after the Geno Smith debacle? Possibly. Bowles might want to go defense too.

Next up would be the Rams. They desperately need a QB, but a lot will depend on who their OC ends up being.

If he makes it past those 3 teams, the only ones who could conceivably want to draft him in the top 10, the Eagles will get him.

MechDX

I think its more likely a team that is bad with no QB will spend a 2nd or 3rd on him. Harder to see a good team spend that type of pick, 2nd and 3rd round picks are suppose to be guys that can fill holes, start or contribute to a team right away.

He is just not ready. I can see why he would be in demand after that national championship game and this weak ass QB class but you should not be pinning your franchise success on him for 2-3 years.

NFL teams need to go review the 2011 draft and learn from the mistakes of the Vikings, Titans and Jags

Greg

He is just not ready. I can see why he would be in demand after that national championship game and this weak ass QB class but you should not be pinning your franchise success on him for 2-3 years.

NFL teams need to go review the 2011 draft and learn from the mistakes of the Vikings, Titans and Jags
"trust me, I'm a QB expert"

Draxal

He is and isn't. His stock will never get any higher than this though.

rando14

Sure BG is a usurper and a known slut, but he's also your digital blood. Yall have shared years upon agonizing years of the Browns disappointment and shame together. If you don't have love for your digital kinfolk, who do you have love for, cat?

probably

Grover, I need your honesty here...

..Am I a bully?? I always thought my trolls of BG were purely for entertainment purposes, but if I am going too fair I would like to know the truth!! :(

Jarnet87

teams have been drafting terrible quarterbacks for decades, that is never going to change.

Are the Titans really going to draft Mariota at 2? He's not really a fit for Whisenhunt's system plus they just drafted a guy in Mettenberger. I really don't think they will go QB there, but who knows, maybe they fall in love with Mariota.

Next team that might take him are the Jets. Could they be scared of taking another shotgun-spread guy after the Geno Smith debacle? Possibly. Bowles might want to go defense too.

Next up would be the Rams. They desperately need a QB, but a lot will depend on who their OC ends up being.

If he makes it past those 3 teams, the only ones who could conceivably want to draft him in the top 10, the Eagles will get him.

I could see chip grab Jones in the 2nd. Eagles love the deep ball and Jones does that very well. Let buttfumble and foles battle it out for qb next year, and groom Jones for a year.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Arizona should take Cardale at the end of the first. Sit behind Palmer and learn for two years. Prototypical qb for Arians. Big arm, can take the punishment his offense will deal the qb.

MechDX

"trust me, I'm a QB expert"

That hurts Greg. I was right about that dwarf manziel though. Look at the early part of the draft so many great players taken but you had 3 teams stretching for QB's and passed on all that other talent

He is and isn't. His stock will never get any higher than this though.

Not disagreeing. He can be fun to watch but I hope he goes to a team that wont just thrust him into a starting role because they have no one else.

gutshot

Cardale Jones entering the draft would be good news for the Eagles. Muddies the waters a bit more, allows Mariota to potentially slip farther.

I could see chip grab Jones in the 2nd. Eagles love the deep ball and Jones does that very well. Let buttfumble and foles battle it out for qb next year, and groom Jones for a year.

There is also that possibility. I don't know if he is as great a fit for the offense as someone like Hundley though. But if they can't get Mariota in the 1st, I can see them grabbing one of these project-types in the 2nd or 3rd.

lol @ any team drafting Jones based on 3 games of handing the ball off to Elliot. Can't imagine he'd go higher than 4th round project.

Vic Tafur ‏@VicTafur 2m2 minutes ago

Once they announce Foxy to Bears, expect Dennis Allen to follow him there

Vic still in touch with Allen, so a pretty sure bet.

Funny thing is Lamaar Houston doesn't like him, so that reunion will be interesting. Not sure DA is much of an upgrade if any over Mel Tucker either but who knows.

The D is going to be just as good, and this move forces a blow up of the entire offensive side of the ball.

Much, much needed.

Any move would've forced the offense to be blown up. Fangio/Gase/Shanny. Roman wasn't coming back. Fangio would've been better for defensive continuity (Donatell and Fangio would've stayed at their respective positions). Word is that pretty much all the assistants except Rathman have been let go. There are rumors that the Niners want to switch to 4-3 on defense (which makes no sense since we have the best ILB combo in the league + a backup who's a tackling machine) and go back to power run (I really don't get this desire to play power running)...But you know.. BLUDGEON BLUDGEON BLUDDGGEEEEOOON...

MechDX

B7ZyEOXCIAEI8_b.jpg:large

Chris Burke ‏@ChrisBurke_SI 39s39 seconds ago
Ohio State's third-string QB turning pro after winning a title. Michigan's first-string QB playing WR at the Shrine Game. Save us, Harbaugh.

Jarnet87

Arizona should take Cardale at the end of the first. Sit behind Palmer and learn for two years. Prototypical qb for Arians. Big arm, can take the punishment his offense will deal the qb.

Sounds like one of the better landing spots, but do you take Cardale with a high pick or grab a guy who will fills a need. The NFL is a win now league, you don't have time to let guys sit around and adapt to the next level. Now Arians is far from the hot seat but if things go south with Palmer next year you don't think he's gonna throw Cardale in? there are very few situations where I could see him not taking a snap. New Orleans, Dallas, Denver if they keep Peyton.

Vic still in touch with Allen, so a pretty sure bet.

Funny thing is Lamaar Houston doesn't like him, so that reunion will be interesting. Not sure DA is much of an upgrade if any over Mel Tucker either but who knows.

Mel Tucker's defense gave up back to back 50+ point games. His two seasons resulted in the two worst defenses in Bears franchise history. I honestly don't know how Dennis Allen could be worse.

Greg

That hurts Greg. I was right about that dwarf manziel though. Look at the early part of the draft so many great players taken but you had 3 teams stretching for QB's and passed on all that other talent
JFF is going to the HoF - just wait!

I would be ok with this. It would be a good way to see if Foles comes anywhere close to 2013, could be done without giving up a lot of picks, and if Foles is a bust you have somewhere else to go the year after.

Awesome pic Mech, saved for future use.

Mel Tucker's defense gave up back to back 50+ point games. His two seasons resulted in the two worst defenses in Bears franchise history. I honestly don't know how Dennis Allen could be worse.

lol I got bad news then. The Raiders defense under his tenure were historically bad.

To be fair, he had pretty bad rosters while he was here tho, but I had bigger issues with his scheme and game-plans. Dude is very stubborn, refuses to adjust or exploit weaknesses. He hemorrhages yardage and 1st downs, in an attempt to not give up the big play. One thing about him I did like, in 2013 at least were his creative blitzes, allowed us to get quite a few sacks, not sure how much of that was him or Tarver tho, I think Tarver as Allen took more control this year during his 4 games and we rarely blitzed, very conservative and safe, also tried to use Woodley as a olb in a 34, dropping his big ass into coverage more often than not. Instead of just letting him bullrush from a 43 end position which is what he signed up for. That changed when Sparano took over, but then Woodley got injured. That's also one reason why Houston doesn't like him, felt he wasn't being used correctly.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Sounds like one of the better landing spots, but do you take Cardale with a high pick or grab a guy who will fills a need. The NFL is a win now league, you don't have time to let guys sit around and adapt to the next level. Now Arians is far from the hot seat but if things go south with Palmer next year you don't think he's gonna throw Cardale in? there are very few situations where I could see him not taking a snap. New Orleans, Dallas, Denver if they keep Peyton.

Arizona has the pieces in place to make a run unless they lose Fitz. Definitely the best spot. Arians won't force him out there unless Palmer is hurt again. Need the front office and coaching staff on board, for sure. Those other teams: Brees and Peyton don't teach their underlings or allow them to take reps in practice. Jerruh will force him onto the field.

Frankly, I'd love for Cardale to slip to the third and the Steelers to take him and groom him for four years, but it isn't going to happen.

LevelNth

Banned
Any move would've forced the offense to be blown up. Fangio/Gase/Shanny. Roman wasn't coming back. Fangio would've been better for defensive continuity (Donatell and Fangio would've stayed at their respective positions). Word is that pretty much all the assistants except Rathman have been let go. There are rumors that the Niners want to switch to 4-3 on defense (which makes no sense since we have the best ILB combo in the league + a backup who's a tackling machine) and go back to power run (I really don't get this desire to play power running)...But you know.. BLUDGEON BLUDGEON BLUDDGGEEEEOOON...
I love the notion that Fangio, a man who let it be known he's probably bailing if anyone but him got the HC job (maybe Shanny too, but yuck), would've stayed for some inexplicable reason. Defensive continuity is in scheme and methodology, not staff. Tomsula alone is enough to keep that, which is what matters.

And stop freaking out about rumors. They suck cause NFL media sucks. Yesterday morning Gase was our confirmed HC. Even if they do switch, who's to say it's a bad thing?

Bowser

probably

yeb1kVr.gif

LevelNth

Banned
Actually Gully State, the more I think about it, wouldn't a switch to 4-3 be BETTER for the Niners if it means we can get Willis, Bowman and Borland on the field at the same time?

In today's NFL it's not that big a deal anyways since everyone spends 50%+ of their time in nickel regardless.

Ralph Vacchiano ‏@RVacchianoNYDN 2m2 minutes ago
Meanwhile, Buffalo Bills announce Rex Ryan's coaching staff. No mention of their old D-line coach Pepper Johnson, and staff appears full.

I believe Ryan said he had a position waiting for him. Would suck for him if that's not the case.

LJ11

Can you explain to me why Mariota isn't a fit for the Wiz? Why would Mariota not fit in?

Top Bottom