• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 2015 |OT| All of our teams suck!

Yesssssss Niners likely fucked up hire and will revert to trash. He's a very solid DL coach but hard to interpret this hire any other way than York and Balke wanted a yes man. He's appeared to be more agreeable than Fangio and that's the only reason I can imagine him getting selected over Fangio.

rando14

Cam Inman @CamInman
Vic Fangio not expected to remain #49ers DC under new coach Jim Tomsula, per league source. Fangio had phenomenal 4-year run

looks like vic wont be back too. im so fucking pissed right now

2pyZBQh.gif

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
LLShC.gif

Don't remind me. This isn't going to work is it 49ersGaf? We're gonna suck again.

Depends on whether Fangio sticks around and who the OC is. Assuming no upgrade on the offensive side, at best we'll have a good defense and inconsistent offense. Or we can have the opposite, if we get a good OC but Fangio leaves and we don't shore that side up.

Gigglepoo

The more I think about this hire, the more bummed out I am. I have no idea if Fangio would have worked as a head coach, but we needed to do everything in our power to keep him on as defensive coordinator. If we didn't want Vic, we should have found a young offensive mind to work on Kaep's game while letting Fangio continue his defensive magic. Now I don't know what we have. Sucks.

Should have gone with John Pagano.

Fjordson

Cam Inman @CamInman
Vic Fangio not expected to remain #49ers DC under new coach Jim Tomsula, per league source. Fangio had phenomenal 4-year run

looks like vic wont be back too. im so fucking pissed right now
york-header.jpeg

All according to Jed's plan.

Hope to eat a mountain of crow if we end up doing well, but I'm doubtful.

JCizzle

I mean sweet fucking Jesus from chasing the legacy of Walsh to JIM FUCKING TOMSULA. A defensive line coach????

Jed and Baalke must jerk off to highlights of dilfers ravens nightly.

Syrinx

Feel bad for you, Niners-GAF. I remember when we went from Jon Gruden to Raheem Morris in a matter of hours. We still haven't recovered from that move. :-(

I really like Tomsula. I like his energy. I like his leadership. But this makes us lose Fangio, and that's going to make this team so much worse. Ugh I really hope I'm wrong

Doomsayer

"We want a teacher like Bill Walsh."

Please fuck right off Jed. You hire someone, with no coordinator experience? This organization continues to be a fucking joke. 3-13 forever.

Fuck Sports.

The only way this can turn into a positive, is that I don't know if I really want the head coach calling plays. I want him to focus on overall gameplan, roster, and coaching challenegs Somehow Tomsula needs to sign good coordinators, which he may be able to do given the talent level on the team.

At least I have the Giants. Fucking football.

The only way this can turn into a positive, is that I don't know if I really want the head coach calling plays. I want him to focus on overall gameplan, roster, and coaching challenegs Somehow Tomsula needs to sign good coordinators, which he may be able to do given the talent level on the team.

Yup if he can hire some good coordinators that might be the saving grace, but I'm not gonna bank on it.

Vic Tafur @VicTafur
If #Raiders can't land Mike Smith as defensive coordinator, they could swap coordinators with #49ers -- Tarver for Fangio

Fangio and Del Rio have same agent. Wouldn't have to move. I like Mike Smith as well, but I'll be happy with either.

Matt Maiocco @MaioccoCSN · 1h 1 hour ago

From what I understand, ex-Raiders coach Dennis Allen is still very much in play as defensive coordinator with Jim Tomsula as head coach.

lol wow. Take Greg Olson too please.

Fuck york. I have less than 0 expectations for next year. Unbelieveable. I'm going to become a WNBA fan. I don't want to live on this planet anymore

Come join Cards GAF, brah! We're a prime up and comer! With all these guys coming back healthy we have the potential to be scary, just a matter of re-signing a couple guys.

cdyhybrid

We'll let you waste all that money on Wussel instead while losing Beast Mode in the process. I can't wait to watch the Chicken's offense fall off a cliff next year!

Waste? We already got a Super Bowl out of him and a chance at another one this year, he's already justified that contract.

all this NFC West shakeup and the Rams will probably still be the worst team in the division. I want to believe we'll get a decent OC but Fisher will do everything he can to prevent that.

Top Bottom