• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 2015 |OT2| Home of Baseball, Anime, Cricket, and Magic Johnson

WedgeX

Banned
Is anything more rigged than boxing?

That is by far the easiest and most lucrative sport to influence.

Until proven otherwise (waiting on NFL clearing the Pats and finding the ballboy or some other nobody guilty) boxing is the shadiest sport of all time.

That said, fights are exciting. Great excuse for men to get together and yell and act like idiots.

FIFA, maybe not by much, but its pretty bad.

Someone posted ez's childhood pic in the other thread

h0C63AA22
Poor bionic on the ground

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Is anything more rigged than boxing?

That is by far the easiest and most lucrative sport to influence.

Until proven otherwise (waiting on NFL clearing the Pats and finding the ballboy or some other nobody guilty) boxing is the shadiest sport of all time.

That said, fights are exciting. Great excuse for men to get together and yell and act like idiots.

http://www.slate.com/articles/sport...ns_pro_tennis_has_a_match_fixing_problem.html

Tennis. Most rigged sport there is. Its even rigged to the point where they aren't rigging results, just throwing specific sets.

Read some of the comments from the article, some people need to realize that players like Jeremy Maclin are no longer under contract with the Eagles, just like some idiots that keep saying niners need to cut Crabtree to keep Stevie Johnson.

Or how the lions should trade a 4th for CJ Spiller

:kas

Colasante

Interested to learn trading #Bills LB Kiko Alonso was one of the first things Rex Ryan wanted to do when hired. Perhaps not a scheme fit

If his first order of business was to trade away a player with the potential to be the best linebacker in the league, the Rex Ryan regime is off to a very inauspicious start.

gutshot

Rapoport reporting that the Eagles will likely keep DeMeco Ryans and not release him as everyone assumed after acquiring Alonso.

I have to imagine this means that Kendricks will be involved in any trade-up for Mariota.

What if Tennessee takes Mariota

They are the only team in the top 5 who will. I don't think there's really been much fuss about them even looking at Mariota. If he makes it past them he'll fall to six. Jags, Raiders and Redskins don't have the need. It all depends how they view Mettenberger and if he's worth risking a year or two on. Frankly I am surprised they haven't thought of trading down in some ways.

Rapoport reporting that the Eagles will likely keep DeMeco Ryans and not release him as everyone assumed after acquiring Alonso.

I have to imagine this means that Kendricks will be involved in any trade-up for Mariota.

I hope not. I'd rather Kendricks stuck around. IMO the best trade piece the eagles have in some ways is Vinny Curry. Trade him to a team hungry for a DE/Pass rusher. I think a good trade would be Vinny Curry, Foles, 2015 1 & 2 and 2016 1 for No 2 overall pick to the Titans.

Godslay

Banned
If his first order of business was to trade away a player with the potential to be the best linebacker in the league, the Rex Ryan regime is off to a very inauspicious start.

Or you could look at it like Rex traded a player they didn't miss in the defense last year and got arguably the best RB in the game all around. They also have good depth there.

Kiko could very well be great in the long run, but McCoy has proven that he is elite. Potential doesn't mean much until it is realized.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
So Eagles have trades set up with every team drafting in the top 6 just in case

Signing every high dollar FA the Jags or raiders don't sign

Trading Foles for a first and second.

Drafting Mariotta and have a 15 year dynasty

I got it all?

This calls for a patented MechDX "smokescreeeeeen"

Top Bottom