• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 2015 |OT2| Home of Baseball, Anime, Cricket, and Magic Johnson

Is it as rigged as the NFL or did they finally clean it up?

Still pretty rigged, but the stupid hilariousness of the sport cancels it out, just like how the hilarious offseason makes the NFL worth it even if your team isn't good in the regular season

Example of boxing's stupid hilariousness: Mayweather/Pacquiao is finally happening because Pacquiao's getting paid $80 mil and Mayweather's being paid $120 mil. And it's airing on PPV for the likely price of $100. All for a fight that at most will last nearly 40 minutes.

I hope Teddy really progresses in year two. If he does I can look forward to a long window of potential and relevance. Lots of cap room on this team to sign players like Smith to long term deals.

Would be really nice.

Colasante

Jamie Collins to safety!

Hey, if they were to draft Shaq Thompson, they'd have Shaq, Collins, and Chung, all three of whom could play safety or linebacker interchangeably, and Browner played some linebacker last season as well. Maybe Bill will make the ultimate uber-versatile defense where every player can play each position.

rando14

It's not Rando, it really isn't :(

What's the matter man, what's wrong!!

kxIBBVu.gif

Still pretty rigged, but the stupid hilariousness of the sport cancels it out, just like how the hilarious offseason makes the NFL worth it even if your team isn't good in the regular season

Example of boxing's stupid hilariousness: Mayweather/Pacquiao is finally happening because Pacquiao's getting paid $80 mil and Mayweather's being paid $120 mil. And it's airing on PPV for the likely price of $100. All for a fight that at most will last nearly 40 minutes.

lol I can't believe people are that worked up for that fight,

What's the matter man, what's wrong!!

I've lost all faith in my team :(

Hey, if they were to draft Shaq Thompson, they'd have Shaq, Collins, and Chung, all three of whom could play safety or linebacker interchangeably, and Browner played some linebacker last season as well. Maybe Bill will make the ultimate uber-versatile defense where every player can play each position.

This sounds exciting!

Just keep Revis then pls

bionic77

Is anything more rigged than boxing?

That is by far the easiest and most lucrative sport to influence.

Until proven otherwise (waiting on NFL clearing the Pats and finding the ballboy or some other nobody guilty) boxing is the shadiest sport of all time.

That said, fights are exciting. Great excuse for men to get together and yell and act like idiots.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Kave you'll like this. Gilbert and Haden are working out together this offseason, they have a picture training on Haden's Twitter.

Random question for you, assuming Hartline gets signed and we do indeed sign Cecil shorts. Browns proceed to draft a wr, who gets cut? I love Hawkins, and Taylor Gabriel I really like too. He can take the top of a D. Travis Benjamin nearing his end with Browns?
Edit: I forgot Austin is here too, and marlon Moore

In order of who I'd want to be cut:

1. Travis Benjamin
2. Miles Austin
3. Marlon Moore

Hartline would fill the role that Miles had on third downs. Travis Benjamin I just think he's a lost cause and I feel Gabriel could probably fill his role on punt returns.

Marlon Moore...well I guess he and Miles Austin could swap, he provides some good special team play but either way wouldn't worry about him leaving.

ampere

We should get the first pick of the season. I'd say we earned it.

Not to mention the other teams don't really understand how to draft well so we can show them by trading that number one pick for like 10 other draft picks.

Vyroxis

Banned
Bye Matt.

You were good guy.

Can't say that I am happy to see him go, as he would still be a good backup. But at the same time, he is the type to want to be a starter, which he won't get over Teddy. He will be happy, I would assume. And we get to sign another vet as backup, or snag a mid-late round QB in the draft as a prospect.

minx

Fuck the Bears have been quite this off-season. The Bulls should have traded for Cutler! Maybe the Colts want Marshall. Or Forte?

Colts trade a 2nd and next year's 2nd for Marshall and Forte. They easily go to AFC Championship with Forte and Marshall.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
What if you lose both

It would really suck, and I'm hoping this isn't the standard Kraft mentality of, well we have Tom and that's enough. That being said losing DMC seems more likely than ever right now. It would be upsetting because the guy is a captain and a smart player, but IMHO he's not nearly the game changer that Revis is. He's damn good, he's one of the better safeties, but he's not troy or ed or one of those type safeties. Revis is the obvious decision though, DMC has been there for years, and has been a safety for a few years now, and the defense severely struggled without a corner like Revis.

Anfang

Fuck the Bears have been quite this off-season. The Bulls should have traded for Cutler! Maybe the Colts want Marshall. Or Forte?

Colts trade a 2nd and next year's 2nd for Marshall and Forte. They easily go to AFC Championship with Forte and Marshall.

No Ty. We good. Gonna pick up Adrian and Andre.

@JosinaAnderson
Spiller is eligible to become a UFA. I'm told potential suitors considering interest include the Cards, Jets, Dolphins & 49ers at this time.

FMT, look! Things are looking up!

Malalaw

Saints are cutting Pierre Thomas and shopping around Curtis Lofton huh? . Looks like Ingram might stay.

Sucks to see Thomas go though.

Top Bottom