• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 2015 |OT2| Home of Baseball, Anime, Cricket, and Magic Johnson

Bread

Banned
Fuck you Miami, you fucken bastards, I hope you try hard and suh rejects your stupid asses and he goes elsewhere and we end up 0-16 and the league forces Ross to sell the team for being a fucken embarrassment.
Chris

Go get yourself a burrito and unwind, you're too tense!

RFSgkaw.gif

Pepiope

@kracze: Hearing #Eagles top target in free agency will be safety Devin McCourty barring some last minute deal between he and Patriots.

Is it Tuesday yet?

Colasante

I'm pretty calm about potentially losing Revis and McCourty next Tuesday. The team just won the Super Bowl, after all. I trust in Bill.

According to @RapSheet the #Saints are shopping LB Curtis Lofton, I've been told DE/OLB Junior Galette is also on the block

I certainly would not mind Galette on the Patriots, though I think he's being paid too much for it to happen. Lofton would make for an interesting Mayo replacement as well, although Lofton is also making too much money. The Saints really handed out a lot of bad contracts in recent years.

Pepiope

And another corner too? Unless you think Nolan Carroll is an option.
I can sadly see us bringing Fletch back on the cheap. I remember reading an article where that could be a possibility. Honestly, I think we can afford to have one weak link in the DB if we have Jenkins, McCourty, and Maxwell/Revis, but I'd just stick with Carroll.

jakncoke

Banned
I'm pretty calm about potentially losing Revis and McCourty next Tuesday. The team just won the Super Bowl, after all. I trust in Bill.

I certainly would not mind Galette on the Patriots, though I think he's being paid too much for it to happen. Lofton would make for an interesting Mayo replacement as well, although Lofton is also making too much money. The Saints really handed out a lot of bad contracts in recent years.

Do you really want to trade for someone looking at the barrel of a 6 game suspension gun.

Colasante

No way we lose both Revis and McCourty. If we can't afford Revis Bill will pay McCourty.

I think it's more likely that Revis is resigned at this point. I think McCourty is the second best safety in the league and deserves to be paid as such, and the drop-off from him to Duron Harmon or Logan Ryan wouldn't be insignificant, but Revis is the player that makes the defense work. I feel much better about a Revis/Browner/Harmon/Chung secondary than I do Butler/Browner/McCourty/Chung.

Do you really want to trade for someone looking at the barrel of a 6 game suspension gun.

No, I just want to trade for the player, not the contract. I think it'll be interesting to see if the Saints can find a trade partner for him. It would've been significantly easier if he was his still on his UDFA contract, and the criminal allegations don't help their position at all.

Pepiope

Didn't they try this already with NBooty Assmuncher and DRC? That NBooty falloff was legendary. He got exposed..... I'm talking Kevin Love playing in Cleveland level exposure.
Horrible coaches.

Marty "I'll take the wind in OT" Mornhinweg
Howard Mudd
Jim Washburn
Juan Castillo

Reid couldn't handle the egos of Mudd/Washburn along with the egos of the players.

Probably a blind homer, but I think we'll have better results this time around if we go that route. Kind of hard not to.

Top Bottom