• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 2015 |OT2| Home of Baseball, Anime, Cricket, and Magic Johnson

Godslay

Banned
Assuming it's true, it looks like that $4 million pay cut is converted to incentives. In that case it would be a true pay cut and would only add $4 million to the cap.

So no $10 million cap boost. Which is good since it won't have long term ramifications aside from taking money out of Manning's pocket assuming he doesn't win an AFCG and Superbowl at $2 million a piece.

Pepiope

I hope not. I'd rather Kendricks stuck around. IMO the best trade piece the eagles have in some ways is Vinny Curry. Trade him to a team hungry for a DE/Pass rusher. I think a good trade would be Vinny Curry, Foles, 2015 1 & 2 and 2016 1 for No 2 overall pick to the Titans.
If the deal we get done with TB is

2015:
1, 2, 3
Nick Foles
2016:
1, 2, 3
2017:
1, 2

for
2015:
Mike Evans

I'd kind of prefer that to a deal that includes Kendricks.
Evans is going to be a great WR for a long time. If we're giving up all these picks for Mariota anyway....then fuck it, bring Evans in while we're at it.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Rework the contract and convert some money to signing bonus?

Yep. Using slay's figures, say he took $3M salary this year and a $21M signing bonus and an extension of 2 years where the salary won't matter. $4M extra for Peyton for being so considerate. $10M savings this year, but an extra $7M of dead money for Denver over the next two.

e - Fixed it.

eznark

Banned
Yep. Using slay's figures, say he took $10M salary this year and a $12M signing bonus. $2M extra for Peyton for being so considerate. $4M savings this year, but an extra $6M of dead money for Denver next year.

Like I said hours ago. It's a PR cut.

Godslay

Banned
Yep. Using slay's figures, say he took $10M salary this year and a $12M signing bonus. $2M extra for Peyton for being so considerate. $4M savings this year, but an extra $6M of dead money for Denver next year.

Yeah, it doesn't appear that way according to spotrac's updated contract.

Like I said hours ago. It's a PR cut.

If by PR cut, you mean that it's only $4 million. It seems to be a real paycut unless he wins the AFCG and Superbowl.

Godslay

Banned
GISWSiX.jpg

Here's what happened.

New 2 year contract. Basically the same as the old contract.

This year he takes a $4 million dollar haircut.

$2 million incentive if they win AFCG.

$2 million incentive if they win SB.

Everything else is identical to the old contract.

jakncoke

Banned
GISWSiX.jpg

Here's what happened.

lol

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
GISWSiX.jpg

Here's what happened.

p9DSonW.jpg

What happened again?

ampere

If the deal we get done with TB is

2015:
1, 2, 3
Nick Foles
2016:
1, 2, 3
2017:
1, 2

for
2015:
Mike Evans

I'd kind of prefer that to a deal that includes Kendricks.
Evans is going to be a great WR for a long time. If we're giving up all these picks for Mariota anyway....then fuck it, bring Evans in while we're at it.

TB would be crazy not to take all those future picks, but they'd also be crazy to give up Evans.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Wait so Indy is the team Suh has on his mind when the lions don't resign him? Also is Kas gonna melt down?

I'm not sure, the thought of Suh potentially leaving has just crossed my mind. I don't like it but we still have a young franchise QB at the end of the day.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Listening to ESPN Radio LA and the Dolphins are throwing a 6 Year, $100 Million deal toward Suh.

I think we can top that and our situation is better for Suh in terms of potential for success.

brentech

our situation is better for Suh in terms of potential for success.
Hardly. If at all.

Regardless, no place is good for him if he doesn't play up to how he did this year. All his previous years were completely unremarkable for someone of his talent. Always be scared of someone that doesn't come out hard until they're playing for a contract.

People that are willing to pay are the ones that think they can make him motivated.

sort of sucks to hear about Troy P. Age just sort of sneaks up on these guys it seems. I wonder if any other team will pick him up on the cheap as a situational player or if he's done.

Top Bottom