• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 2015 |OT2| Home of Baseball, Anime, Cricket, and Magic Johnson

squicken

I am sorry to say this but fuck off Fin bros.

We need Suh more than you.

Would be awesome to have a guy like that, even if I think he is a scumbag. I don't think he'd be a Haynesworth, but I also think guys paid like that need to be team leaders, and by all accounts, he is aloof and distant from teammates.

Striker

Giants supposedly targeting Devin McCourty and Rahim Moore. I prefer McCourty even if he's going to be more expensive. Rumor of them possibly bringing back Stevie Brown, which is gross.

I'm sure they will bring in a member from the OL and DL as well, or at least I'd hope so.

squicken

Albert Haynesworth to Ndamukong Suh: Do your research on suitors

Haynesworth said that his time in Washington “took my love away from the game” and advised Suh to do research about potential suitors beyond what they offer financially.

“He needs to really study, like, who he’s thinking about going to,” Haynesworth said. “Also, you need to kind of look at the track record of the coach, see if he’s going to stay, talk to some former players, just to get the inside scoop about it, and make sure that they’re playing the exact same defense as Detroit.”

Would be awesome to have a guy like that, even if I think he is a scumbag. I don't think he'd be a Haynesworth, but I also think guys paid like that need to be team leaders, and by all accounts, he is aloof and distant from teammates.
I don't know, I'd rather us spend the money on a Knighton and Franklin/Iupati at this stage. I would really like having Suh on the D line, but I think we can get value in more places by going another direction. (EDIT: not getting more value at those places individually, but more value total by addressing multiple positions.)

Though, I will say this, I would MUCH rather have Suh and draft one of the RBs in the second or third round than not have Suh and go after a Murray/Gore/Peterson/etc. I just don't understand that talk for the Colts. They can get young, high quality RB talent without the controversy or the payroll hit.

rando14

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet
Former #Eagles CB Cary Williams is visiting the #Seahawks today, source said. Could replace Byron Maxwell before free agency.

We are so blessed :')

Though if there's any team that can cultivate a CB from crap to gold, it's us

EDIT: Come to seattle Wilfork!! :cool:

JaMarco

Field Yates ‏@FieldYates 36s37 seconds ago
Vince Wilfork announces on Twitter that the Patriots will not be picking up his 2-year team option. He is now set to be a free agent.

He had to go, there's no way they were paying him 8.9 million.

Too much tread on Wilfork's jumbo tires, I wouldn't want him at this point. Great to see the only likeable Patriot removed from that cancerous organization, though.

Dega

Eeny Meenie Penis

Unless he plans to leave the NFL I'd say there is a 100% chance he lands on one of your teams.

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
More snow in Jersey and dealing with a sinus infection that's fucking with my asthma and keeping me up every goddamn night. Wonderful.

BigAT

Dockett signing with the 49ers. It felt like he was determined to go on his Arizona Revenge Tour considering he seemingly only looked at NFC West teams.

Mike Garafolo ‏@MikeGarafolo
Darnell Dockett to the Niners, per @RosenhausSports

Spinluck

This is true. I can see him doing something dumb and getting suspended right before we play the Pats and they proceed to mushroom stamp us again.

If all fails, I'm down with a T. Knight. Hell, Farley or Ngata would be upgrades for us.

2 year deal for Dockett, too.

EDIT: Monies:

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 35s35 seconds ago
Darnell Dockett signed with the #49ers for 2 yrs at $7.5mil. $4mil in year one. $2mil guaranteed, per @RosenhausSports

spyder_ur

Bummed about Vince. I've had the pleasure of meeting him once and his wife 3 or so times. Great, great people and he was a great player for a long time.

ampere

Bummed about Vince. I've had the pleasure of meeting him once and his wife 3 or so times. Great, great people and he was a great player for a long time.

That's awesome, he def seems like a great guy. I do worry about his weight when he retires though. It's probably OK on his heart now since he has such an active lifestyle, but that player -> retirement transition is really hard on the big guys. Used to eating so much to keep that weight

Which is my point. He's not a top 5 center. So it's a more than generous offer.
Oh I'm not arguing. As noted, I've not watched enough of him to comment otherwise. You answered my question with your comment about not feeling as though he's worth it.

EDIT: Don't you guys have like a metric ton of cap space?

And that ends the 49ers free agency tour! I think thats about half of the cap space we had just to sign docket. Ands thats assuming brooks gets cut lol.

He's no justin smith but good signing

sort of sucks to hear about Troy P. Age just sort of sneaks up on these guys it seems. I wonder if any other team will pick him up on the cheap as a situational player or if he's done.

After Bruce Arians I'm pretty sure the rest of the NFL assumes "retired" = "eager to sign elsewhere" when it comes from the Steelers. So I fully expect the Browns to try and offer Troy a big contract.

I wonder if Cobb will regret turning down that offer from the Packers? Seemed like a decent deal to me and you get to stay with the best QB in the league.

eznark

Banned
And that ends the 49ers free agency tour! I think thats about half of the cap space we had just to sign docket. Ands thats assuming brooks gets cut lol.

He's no justin smith but good signing

Long as they teach him to hold like a motherfucker the difference will be negligible.

Top Bottom