• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 2015 |OT2| Home of Baseball, Anime, Cricket, and Magic Johnson

220%20dolphins030415%20Tanehill%20(2).JPG

<3

jmdajr

edit: guess I'm late on this! Thanks Mech.

lol.

Texans safety D.J. Swearinger is under investigation for allegedly stealing his own truck.

TMZ Sports reported Thursday that Swearinger allegedly stole his own truck from a customizer without paying for $20,000 in upgrades.

From the TMZ report:

According to a police report filed in Houston, Swearinger took his 2013 F250 truck to Espi Motors to get his ride pimped out like a boss &#8212; matte black paint with a Batman logo, speakers, new wheels, custom grill, train horn, etc.

But according to Espi, when he came to pick up the whip, he got sticker shock &#8230; and drove it off the lot WITHOUT paying for the work.
Espi tried to track down Swearinger to get the cash, but D.J. went M.I.A. so Espi filed a police report.

A second-round draft pick in 2013, Swearinger signed a four-year rookie contract worth $3,491,301. The contract averages $872,825 per season, with $1,315,628 in total guaranteed money.

There was no comment from Swearinger, his agent or the Texans.

Bowser

@BMarshh54: I wish the Bears would try and trade me.. We gon have problems &#55357;&#56864;

lol that's the Broncos LB Marshall

Colasante

As the veteran wide receiver market continues to pile up and another deep draft class at the position is on tap, I think the possibility of the Patriots signing Andre Johnson isn't as farfetched as I might have once thought. The Patriots have no choice but to spend to get to the cap floor, and beyond Revis (I'm assuming McCourty's a goner already), there aren't a whole lot of other places their money can go.

MechDX

edit: guess I'm late on this! Thanks Mech.

lol.

Kid is an idiot and a shitty safety. Just cut ties now.

As the veteran wide receiver market continues to pile up and another deep draft class at the position is on tap, I think the possibility of the Patriots signing Andre Johnson isn't as farfetched as I might have once thought. The Patriots have no choice but to spend to get to the cap floor, and beyond Revis (I'm assuming McCourty's a goner already), there aren't a whole lot of other places their money can go.

Cap floor? Aren't they still over the cap ceiling?

Wut? They just got under the cap limit? Are they getting rid of everyone?

Godslay

Banned
Interesting. Playing hardball with Mallet? Broncos and Kubes interested in Andre?

There was talk last year the Texans contacted the Broncos about Osweiler.

Broncos won't let The Broz go if they are smart. Doesn't mean he'll be good, but they aren't going to get more than what they put into him at this point.

I really don't think they are interested in Dre either. Too much $$$ tied up in DT, Sanders anyways for it to be feasible. Plus this is Latimer's year to step up.

Colasante

Kid is an idiot and a shitty safety. Just cut ties now.

Cap floor? Aren't they still over the cap ceiling?

They're over the cap, but they haven't hit the spending floor.

Under the rules of the 2011 collective bargaining agreement, NFL teams must spend 89 percent of the salary cap in actual cash for the four-year period from 2013-16, and also from 2017-20, the final four years of the CBA.

According to the NFL Players Association, the Patriots are well below 89 percent with the 2015 league year to begin in less than two weeks, though they are not alone.

Collectively, teams must spend 95 percent of the cap in cash.

The NFLPA says New England has spent 82.68 percent of the cap in cash over the last two years — $99,394,571 in 2013, when the cap was $123&#8201;million, and $112,263,177 in 2014, when the cap was $133&#8201;million.

To get to 89 percent, the Patriots will have to spend $139&#8201;million in cash for 2015; it is estimated that the salary cap for the coming year will be $143&#8201;million, or just above that.

MechDX

Broncos won't let The Broz go if they are smart. Doesn't mean he'll be good, but they aren't going to get more than what they put into him at this point.

I really don't think they are interested in Dre either. Too much $$$ tied up in DT, Sanders anyways for it to be feasible. Plus this is Latimer's year to step up.

Iturns out it was a tweet from last year. Why Mile High Report used it in an article TODAY is beyond me.

MechDX

The #Patriots are also interested in Brian Hartline. He's taking his physical right now w/ #Texans. #Browns still in the running.--Mary Kay Twitter

No, we can't lose Devin not after Vince

JABEE

Philly Magazine said:
Free-agent cornerback Byron Maxwell is making the rounds at ESPN today, and during a SportsCenter appearance he talked about what he&#8217;s looking for from potential suitors.

&#8220;I gotta look at scheme, Cover 3, man, those types of schemes that fit me and how I play football,&#8221; Maxwell said. &#8220;And if the organization is committed to winning. That&#8217;s the most important thing I&#8217;ve got to look at.&#8221;

Anchor Chris McKendry, who is an Eagles fan, asked Maxwell if he had any thoughts on potentially joining the Birds.

"Definitely," he said. "They run the schemes that I&#8217;m talking about - Cover 3 and man press. And they&#8217;re committed to winning. Definitely, Philadelphia, if they were to come at me, I would have to consider them."

http://www.phillymag.com/birds247/2015/03/05/maxwell-eagles-id-consider/#A2YWfwVqHJ9zDxMG.99

Let's get Maxwell and McCourty!

Spinluck

American Beauty was a good movie.

I am never getting married, too many crazies out there.

I will make like a Gronk and stay single, and party forever. Banging anything that comes my way!

Go Colts!

JABEE

I love how the Philly media is talking about Chip Kelly scaring off free agents, because he cut or shipped out players with backloaded contracts that were no longer producing as if this isn't the standard by which most successful NFL teams operate.

We have so many holes in the secondary. All we have lost is Cary Williams, Nate Allen, and Bradley Fletcher.

If you believe that is a great loss for this team, then I don't know what to say.

You can get on the Eagles if they lose Maclin and Graham. I would even give you Trent Cole, but to pretend like turnover is abnormal, then I don't think you have been following the league.

The Patriots replaced 3 out of 4 starters in their secondary last off season. They were in such disarray that they assembled one of the best secondaries in the league. That was the difference, along with Gronk, between the Super Bowl Pats team and the underachieving Pats of the last 10 years.

American Beauty was a good movie.

I am never getting married, too many crazies out there.

I will make like a Gronk and stay single, and party forever. Banging anything that comes my way!

Go Colts!

GRONK GRONK

This post just made you an honorary Shirtless Member

JaMarco

I love how the Philly media is talking about Chip Kelly scaring off free agents, because he cut or shipped out players with backloaded contracts that were no longer producing as if this isn't the standard by which most successful NFL teams operate.

We have so many holes in the secondary. All we have lost is Cary Williams, Nate Allen, and Bradley Fletcher.

If you believe that is a great loss for this team, then I don't know what to say.

You can get on the Eagles if they lose Maclin and Graham. I would even give you Trent Cole, but to pretend like turnover is abnormal, then I don't think you have been following the league.

The Patriots replaced 3 out of 4 starters in their secondary last off season. They were in such disarray that they assembled one of the best secondaries in the league. That was the difference, along with Gronk, between the Super Bowl Pats team and the underachieving Pats of the last 10 years.
McCourty is going to be good for you guys. Your defense will almost never give up big pass plays with him back there.

I just saw the movie. I had no idea what is was about outside the trailer.

it was nuts!

Yeah I knew nothing beyond the trailer going in too but it ended up being probably my second favorite movie of the year after Interstellar. To your spoiler, indeed!

what about Djax? don't you think cutting him could have led to a decline in mccoys numbers because the eagles didn't have an elite deep threat?

JABEE

McCourty is going to be good for you guys. Your defense will almost never give up big pass plays with him back there.

I hope we get him.

I really think it's funny how the Philly Media is running around saying this isn't the model.

Any time something bad happens they say, "this isn't how the Patriots do it. This isn't how the Seahawks do it." Yet both teams have strong head coaches that exert complete control over their roster.

Carroll has Schneider to bounce ideas off, but Carroll decides on the final 53.

You can make the argument that Kelly is incompetent and doesn't know what he's doing, but it's not because he's following the wrong model. The Patriots replaced almost their entire secondary last season on their way to the Super Bowl.

The Eagles cut underperforming players, bordering on bad players. I would rather have a hole than a shit player like Fletcher. I'm good with change.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Vince news was expected, him and mayo were the two biggest cap casualties. Hopefully this is a sign they are actively working to bring people back.

Top Bottom