• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 2015 |OT2| Home of Baseball, Anime, Cricket, and Magic Johnson

Oh I'm not arguing. As noted, I've not watched enough of him to comment otherwise. You answered my question with your comment about not feeling as though he's worth it.

EDIT: Don't you guys have like a metric ton of cap space?

Yeah, it's worth overpaying him to take a chunk out of that cap space, adn to show we're willing to pay people to keep them. I'm saying yeah it's worth more than he would normally fetch and It'd be upsetting if he turned it down to go play for a team for less money.

Center on the best offensive line in football, probably worth overpaying a bit given his age.

Honestly, it's also just sending a message that we're willing to retain players since RM is developing a rep as a cheap GM. I'm not against retaining him, the hmmm was more about his supposedly refusing it.

kaiju

And that ends the 49ers free agency tour! I think thats about half of the cap space we had just to sign docket. Ands thats assuming brooks gets cut lol.

He's no justin smith but good signing

Nah the Niners adjusted cap number for 2015 is $149.855 million, including 6.5 million in unused cap space from last season carried over. That unused cap space pretty much just went to Dockett, so they still have plenty in the pockets.

Question is will Dockett replace McDonald or Justin Smith?

Nah the Niners adjusted cap number for 2015 is $149.855 million, including 6.5 million in unused cap space from last season carried over. That unused cap space pretty much just went to Dockett, so they still have plenty in the pockets.

Question is will Dockett replace McDonald or Justin Smith?

Hard to say at this point. Seems to depend on if Justin Smith retires or not. Did docket play 3-4 DE in Arizona? I always thought he was more of a 4-3 DT

TheFatOne

Going to miss big Vince, but he isn't the same player he once was. Still a solid DT though. Not surprised by this at all though. That number was just too high for a player like Vince. Sad day seeing my favorite player leave the team though.

JABEE

js8TptO.jpg

https://twitter.com/jjones9/status/573500412717850624

Chip Kelly talking to Rex Ryan at Clemson's Pro Day.

Trejo whats wrong bro

Everyone in my class is an idiot so my teacher is redoing the entire course 3 weeks in and now I have to redo my paper and we have quizzes every class now and I was going great it just means more work for me :( plus you know the dolphins doing dolphin things

ACE 1991

Man, I can't wait to see how this Mariota drama wraps up for da Iggles. I am also terrified that he could end up being a bust after we sell the house in order to get a high enough pick to draft him.

Bread

Banned
So Wilfork's release cleared up 8 million, and if I remember correctly cutting Mayo would clear up 10, I wonder if we see that announced today.

We are so blessed :')

Though if there's any team that can cultivate a CB from crap to gold, it's us

EDIT: Come to seattle Wilfork!! :cool:

Wilfork can be your Boldin! Shame you in the superbowl then join your team out of pity :(

Ps

I like the dockett signing. I read a story that tomsula chased dockett down after a game against the cards a couple years ago to compliment his game

MechDX

I guess since Mech aint here..

Wilfork to the Texans because of "connections".

I would take Wilfork to Texans on a smaller 2 year deal to mentor Louis Nix. The connections could actually come into play here. Vrabel sending texts to Vince. lol

Now Wilfork on a team in the city where Ted Johnson is part of the media? Could be fun!

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter · 16m16 minutes ago
Former Dolphins WR Brian Hartline is visiting the Texans today.

Dre for Hartline......seems like a nice balance.

rando14

Wilfork can be your Boldin! Shame you in the superbowl then join your team out of pity :(

Ps

I like the dockett signing. I read a story that tomsula chased dockett down after a game against the cards a couple years ago to compliment his game

This tomsula guy sounds like a sexual predator, what with his voluminous chest hair, mustache, and chasing people out to their cars!! I don't know about this guy!!

I would take Wilfork to Texans on a smaller 2 year deal to mentor Louis Nix. The connections could actually come into play here. Vrabel sending texts to Vince. lol

Now Wilfork on a team in the city where Ted Johnson is part of the media? Could be fun!

Dre for Hartline......seems like a nice balance.

Hartline lost his grittiness, you will be disappointed friend.

Bread

Banned
Mayo won't happen, his contract is injury guaranteed until he passes a physical.
Looks like we save 6 million if we cut him after June 2nd, so that doesn't help now but maybe they get creative with a restructure before then to free up some cash.

There's no way he's back on the roster next season at his current $10 million cap hit though.

Tom Penny

So Wilfork's release cleared up 8 million, and if I remember correctly cutting Mayo would clear up 10, I wonder if we see that announced today.

Mayo is gone too unless he takes a massive cut. Hightower injury makes them kind of sort of need him for a little while.

To be honest is this is Revis/Mccourty related then :)

MechDX

The Orange Page
‏@theorangepage On @PeterBurnsRadio's show this morning it was said that two of the four teams contacting Denver for Brock Osweiler were the Browns & Texans

Interesting. Playing hardball with Mallet? Broncos and Kubes interested in Andre?

There was talk last year the Texans contacted the Broncos about Osweiler.

JaMarco

Looks like we save 6 million if we cut him after June 2nd, so that doesn't help now but maybe they get creative with a restructure before then to free up some cash.

There's no way he's back on the roster next season at his current $10 million cap hit though.
I definitely agree he needs a restructure/paycut, but they won't outright release him anytime soon.

MechDX

Hartline lost his grittiness, you will be disappointed friend.

It is the Brian Gaine "connection". lol

When Gaine got promoted this year there was talk that this is now the BOB and Gaine show even though Rick Smith still has the official GM title. Im not to enthused about his potential signing either way.

ampere

Looks like we are almost definitely drafting or signing a DT

Even if Vince gets on a new contract he is getting old.

eznark

Banned
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I'm pretty disgusted with Dockett, fucking hypocrite. He blasts Dansby publicly for chasing money just last year and he does the same shit now. The difference is that Dansby was a FA and Dockett was cut but we wanted to keep him and made him an offer so he can't act like we cast him to the wolves. The guy went to SF for a larger contract, period and it's not even a huge offer that you can't refuse. Mostly it leaves a bad taste because he was one of the most vocal players about disliking or hating the niners whenever we were about to play them and you could see him kick it into another gear when we did play them so it's just gross seeing him go to that specific team.

As for losing him, I don't think anyone that knows what they are talking about will care much. He's nowhere near the player he once was and Rucker was outperforming him in practice and training camp before he tore his ACL. We would have liked to keep him for depth and rotation but most of all, locker room and side of the field presence as he was an emotional leader for us but he's not worth any real money anymore. Definitely a decent to solid pickup by the Niners depending on how he bounces back from the injury but not someone I'm going to cringe having to play against.

Whatever, Niners are trash now so have fun finishing your career without ever sniffing the playoffs again, Dockett!

eznark

Banned
I'm pretty disgusted with Dockett, fucking hypocrite. He blasts Dansby publicly for chasing money just last year and he does the same shit now. The difference is that Dansby was a FA and Dockett was cut but we wanted to keep him and made him an offer so he can't act like we cast him to the wolves. The guy went to SF for a larger contract, period and it's not even a huge offer that you can't refuse. Mostly it leaves a bad taste because he was one of the most vocal players about disliking or hating the niners whenever we were about to play them and you could see him kick it into another gear when we did play them so it's just gross seeing him go to that specific team.

As for losing him, I don't think anyone that knows what they are talking about will care much. He's nowhere near the player he once was and Rucker was outperforming him in practice and training camp before he tore his ACL. We would have liked to keep him for depth and rotation but most of all, locker room and side of the field presence as he was an emotional leader for us but he's not worth any real money anymore. Definitely a decent to solid pickup by the Niners depending on how he bounces back from the injury but not someone I'm going to cringe having to play against.

Whatever, Niners are trash now so have fun finishing your career without ever sniffing the playoffs again, Dockett!

You're mad at a guy you cut for going somewhere else? Seriously?

MechDX

Report: Texans’ D.J. Swearinger under investigation for allegedly stealing his own truck

From the TMZ report:

According to a police report filed in Houston, Swearinger took his 2013 F250 truck to Espi Motors to get his ride pimped out like a boss — matte black paint with a Batman logo, speakers, new wheels, custom grill, train horn, etc.

But according to Espi, when he came to pick up the whip, he got sticker shock … and drove it off the lot WITHOUT paying for the work.
Espi tried to track down Swearinger to get the cash, but D.J. went M.I.A. so Espi filed a police report.

Can we cut this ass clown now?

Top Bottom