• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 2015 |OT2| Home of Baseball, Anime, Cricket, and Magic Johnson

eznark

Banned
The Racists were said to have made the RG3 trade the week before free agency when everyone knew that Luck was the Colts pick.

This means teams can start making trades for the 2nd pick. I thought it was weird too, but apparently there is precedent.

1. Eagles want to trade up before free agency opens so they know which draft picks (if any) they will have and can target free agents accordingly. Therefore they need to trade up to no. 1.

2. Negotiate with Tampa for the no. 1 pick but tell them you will only do it if they accept prior to free agency opening.

3. Tampa visits with Winston early to help decide whether they want to pick him or trade down.

4. If Tampa declines the offer, the Eagles will look to trade on draft day with another team in the top 6.

I know it is crazy but it fits with the rumors of the Eagles trying to trade up to no. 1, which don't make much sense but are fairly persistent.

Even your insane ramblings don't match up.

JABEE's sounds closer to the truth. Trading for the first seems unnecessary

JABEE

Even your insane ramblings don't match up.

JABEE's sounds closer to the truth. Trading for the first seems unnecessary

Yep. I don't think they need to trade up to 1. If any trade actually happens, it wouldn't be announced until the draft. I don't really understand why teams would lock in trades this far from the draft, but it seems to have happened in the very recent past.

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 1m1 minute ago
Agree. RT @ArmandoSalguero: I'm told the Miami Dolphins are confident they will get Ndamukong Suh.

itshappening.gif

http://miamiherald.typepad.com/dolp...-the-remaking-of-a-defense.html#storylink=cpy
nooooooo_elf.gif

eznark

Banned
How much longer is Tannehill on his rookie deal? Not sure why Miami fans would be upset. They have cap room to front load the guarantee which will negate the silly part of the rumors circulating. If they can do like a third of the guaranteed money this year then the deal is actually not awful at all. They basically front load his contract with the money they save at the QB position.

How much longer is Tannehill on his rookie deal? Not sure why Miami fans would be upset. They have cap room to front load the guarantee which will negate the silly part of the rumors circulating. If they can do like a third of the guaranteed money this year then the deal is actually not awful at all. They basically front load his contract with the money they save at the QB position.

One year left but they are extending him now because we are ran by idiots

Fish still have a shit head coach.

they should have hired rex
Perhaps more importantly they still have a shit defensive coordinator.

Can't imagine why a Dolphins fan would be tentative about throwing insane money at a top free agent!

The team has too many holes to justify paying this much to a DT. I want to see more building through the draft, less splashy FA signings.

gutshot

Yep. I don't think they need to trade up to 1. If any trade actually happens, it wouldn't be announced until the draft. I don't really understand why teams would lock in trades this far from the draft, but it seems to have happened in the very recent past.

I don't really think they need to either, but there has been too much smoke about it for there not to be some fire.

eznark

Banned
One year left but they are extending him now because we are ran by idiots

Extend him now before his 12-4 breakout year. Smart!

Can't imagine why a Dolphins fan would be tentative about throwing insane money at a top free agent!

The team has too many holes to justify paying this much to a DT. I want to see more building through the draft, less splashy FA signings.

12-4. Just need one more piece! Suh makes my prediction more likely so I am thrilled.

All I'm saying is wait til you see the deal before you lose your mind. If they can structure it in such a way that it's not terribly crippling or front load it so they can dump him in two years without a ton of pain then it's a good signing. The AFC East is ripe for the picking.

12-4. Just need one more piece! Suh makes my prediction more likely so I am thrilled.
I hope you're right. Financials/thuggery aside it would be kind of fun watching him play on the same line as Vernon, Wake, Earl Mitchell, and Dion Jordan. I'm assuming Starks and Odrick would both be gone if this goes through.

That said, when is the last time a 12-4-esque team made a move like this? It just seems like one of those loser moves that loser franchises make to "win" the offseason.

eznark

Banned
I hope you're right. Financials/thuggery aside it would be kind of fun watching him play on the same line as Vernon, Wake, Earl Mitchell, and Dion Jordan. I'm assuming Starks and Odrick would both be gone if this goes through.

That said, when is the last time a 12-4-esque team made a move like this? It just seems like one of those loser moves that loser franchises make to "win" the offseason.

When is the last time someone like Suh was available as a free agent? Reggie White? Fuck the guy (and I'm worried he Haynesworth's once he gets paid) but he changes football games by himself. Interior pressure is a ball breaker.

Draxal

When is the last time someone like Suh was available as a free agent? Reggie White? Fuck the guy (and I'm worried he Haynesworth's once he gets paid) but he changes football games by himself. Interior pressure is a ball breaker.

I would say since Reggie White, but he's nowhere near Reggie White. White is a monster that we will not see again for a long time.

Pepiope

It's makes sense if TEN, CLE, OAK, and WSH aren't willing to deal.

The only reason the trade with Tampa is gaining some steam is because of the holdup with Maclin, IMO. That deal with TB would involve Evans as well, and if that's the case, I can see them letting Maclin walk.

Chip probably fell in love with that Evans block from last season.

Draxal

Strahan has the sack record and was better than White.

I love Strahan, but philly era white was just a monster (and Strahan never played DT, even in the Giant's nascar package).

White was number 7 in the NFL top 100 players for a reason.

Watt has the potential to beat him, but he has to sustain it.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/philadelphia-eagles/09000d5d81bdf5f4/Top-100-Reggie-White

The Minister of Defense was simply the greatest defensive lineman to ever wear an Eagles uniform. White joined the Eagles in 1985 after two years in the USFL. He is the franchise's all-time leader in sacks with 124 in 121 games. Linebacker Trent Cole is second in sacks with 85.5, but has played 30 more games than White. In 1987, White set the Eagles' record for most sacks in a season with 21.

A two-time NFL Defensive Player of the Year with the Eagles, White was named to the NFL's All-Decade Teams of the 1980s and 1990s. In eight seasons, White never missed a game. He was the cornerstone of the Gang Green defense not just as a player, but as a leader as well.

Bread

Banned
I don't root for injuries but if Suh becomes a Dolphin I am kind of obligated to, right? I mean, we are "that" team if Suh is on the roster, might as well embrace it!
If you get Suh your qb will balloon up to 300 pounds and you will become an addict

Is this what you want tdr!?

Top Bottom