• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 2015 |OT2| Home of Baseball, Anime, Cricket, and Magic Johnson

makeitrain.gif

B_bolJDVAAE6xSQ.jpg

Bowser

Black & Blue Review ‏@BlackBlueReview 2m2 minutes ago
#Panthers are hoping to get a couple pieces of business done before Tues. Oher is one, Ginn/Jones the other. Jones gone, Ginn won’t be easy.

Oher? :|

Colasante

David Harris re-signs with #Jets for 3 years at $21.5M, source says. $15 million fully guaranteed in the first 2 years. Wow

Makes the Bills' trade of Alonso seem worse. I thought for sure Rex was signing Harris.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Patriots doing nothing

Seemed that way last year too. Still hopeful they're putting together some deals here. Wilfork was the first step, Mayo and Amendola probably next, they HAVE to spend to reach the floor, they're not gonna want to just sign a check so hopefully they spend wisely. If they field mostly the same team as last year minus vince/DMC add in a receiver or 2 they are easily in it for the 1 or 2 seed.

Bowser

La Canfora talking as if Suh to Miami is pretty much a done deal:

Jason La Canfora ‏@JasonLaCanfora 3m3 minutes ago
Interesting in AFC East to see if Miami (likely adding Suh), Jets and Bills - both of whom already making moves - can close gap on NE

With Polamalu likely retiring, times to jump on the Sharknado:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DyoHhD1QFDA

Shamarko talks about how he got to the NFL, and his mother and step-father, who both motivated him to turn his life around.

Shamarko's step father was killed in a motorcycle accident. His mother passed away a few months later in his junior year. Shamarko then had to take care of his 5 siblings while continuing his college career.

I really want this guy to succeed. He's done everything in his power - the past offseason he went down to Cali to train with Polamalu. He wants to be great, and has the attrubites.

Colasante

Alonso didn't play last year and they were ranked 4th in the league.

Rex is obviously comfortable with the guys he has.

Considering he was almost guaranteed to aggressively target David Harris in free agency, I don't think he is comfortable with who he has, and their defensive ranking from last year doesn't matter much considering they'll have an entirely different scheme this season.

ampere

Alonso didn't play last year and they were ranked 4th in the league.

Rex is obviously comfortable with the guys he has.

Rex generally knows how to run an defense. That's all though, should still be a DC somewhere. Could potentially get a SB that way

I wonder what the Falcons are up to
*opens Falcons door*VicBeasleyVicBeasleyVicBeasleyVicBeasleyVicBeasleyVicBeasleyVicBeasleyVicBeasleyVicBeasleyVicBeasleyVicBeasleyVicBeasleyVicBeasleyVicBeasleyVicBeasleyVicBeasleyVicBeasleyVicBeasleyVicBeasleyVicBeasley*closes door*

La Canfora talking as if Suh to Miami is pretty much a done deal:
People fall for this stupid shit every single offseason. This is not how you close the gap to NE, you close the gap through better coaching, better preparation, and better QB play. Everything else matters to some degree but you can't get there without those three things. Baffles me that there are still people out there stupid enough to believe that the Bills could compete for the division with NE because they brought in a RB.

JaMarco

People fall for this stupid shit every single offseason. This is not how you close the gap to NE, you close the gap through better coaching, better preparation, and better QB play. Everything else matters to some degree but you can't get there without those three things. Baffles me that there are still people out there stupid enough to believe that the Bills could compete for the division with NE because they brought in a RB.
If the Pats lose Revis and McCourty, they're not going to be that good next year honestly.

Colasante

Pats gonna sign Reggie Wayne for sure, they wanted him the last time around and they will get him now.

I don't think so. He doesn't make the team better in any way. He's not good anymore.

If the Pats lose Revis and McCourty, they're not going to be that good next year honestly.

It's not like the roster the Patriots have on March 6th is going to be the roster they have in September. If they lose Revis and McCourty, they'll be a worse team, but there's no reason to think that they won't be good because of two players. There's still free agency, the draft, UDFAs, roster cuts, and trades. Let's not get hyperbolic, Patriots fans.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Pats gonna sign Reggie Wayne for sure, they wanted him the last time around and they will get him now.

if it's cheap I really don't see the problem. He was off this season, but he was recovering, and too much of a focal point. At the very least he's a veteran leader. If they added him and hartline it would be one hell of a group.

Colasante

if it's cheap I really don't see the problem. He was off this season, but he was recovering, and too much of a focal point. At the very least he's a veteran leader. If they added him and hartline it would be one hell of a group.

Julian Edelman, Brandon LaFell, Danny Amendola, Brian Hartline, Reggie Wayne... "hell of a group?" Really?

I don't think so. He doesn't make the team better in any way. He's not good anymore.

It's not like the roster the Patriots have on March 6th is going to be the roster they have in September. If they lose Revis and McCourty, they'll be a worse team, but there's no reason to think that they won't be good because of two players. There's still free agency, the draft, UDFAs, roster cuts, and trades. Let's not get hyperbolic, Patriots fans.

Adrian Wilson didn't make the team better, but Bill signed him anyway just to give him a couple million dollar. He just wants to play with them for a bit.

Also, I'm in complete panic mode, DON'T TELL ME HOW TO LIVE MY LIFE ;_;

While they're at it they should take a hard look at Chad Ochocinco and Randy Moss.

I would bring back Randy in a heartbeat.

Furyous

Still gonna miss MoJo! Remember that time he knocked the steroids out of Merriman?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DvUEgjqKLFA

Beautiful.

*tears up* That was just so... beautiful. You can see Shawne's soul just leaving his body.

Revis is gone. Jets with Harvin, Marshall and Decker is awfully tempting. Get paid top dollar and still be on a SB contender.

Huh? Allegedly, the Jets are releasing Hercy. We're not referring to him by his given name because the individual is not the person to play games with or spread rumors about.

Can someone clue me in on John Fox's master plan? He gets rid of Brandon, resigns Jimmy, and has to make a decision about Jay by the 12th. What are the odds the Bears part ways with Jay? NYC needs Jay just for the assholishness. Imagine Jay being a known cantankerous jerk in NYC with their media following every move. Let the Jets get Brandon, Jay, and find a way to keep Hercy so they can move up to my number three team in Madden. If this happens then the NFL has to force the Jets to accept the Hard Knocks crew.

Top Bottom