• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 2015 |OT2| Home of Baseball, Anime, Cricket, and Magic Johnson

zSZ6ksp.gif

SportsCenter ‏@SportsCenter 42s42 seconds ago
Since joining Seahawks in Week 6 of 2010, no player has rushed for more touchdowns than Marshawn Lynch, who has 54.

Someone use this gif when Wussle gets his contract extension.

minx

Seems like we sold low on Marshall. Must have been clear that the Bears were going to cut him if no one wanted him. And to think that two years ago the Bears had arguably the best WR duo in the NFL.

Also Bears QBs had a Total QBR of 70 with Marshall on the field and a Total QBR of 33 with him off the field last two seasons. Going to be tough to replace. Now to trade or cut Cutler.

minx

Might as well. They're going to be terrible this season.

We really are. It is going to take years to rebuild thus defense.

I just don't get how a contending team like the Patriots don't give up a 4th. I'm not familiar with their cap space but I wouldn't see how they wouldn't be easy Super Bowl favorites with Marshall. He must have been a huge locker room cancer for just a 5th round pick.

And if you are trading players for being locker room cancer and not based on production then Cutler should clearly be gone.

HawkeyeIC

We really are. It is going to take years to rebuild thus defense.

I just don't get how a contending team like the Patriots don't give up a 4th. I'm not familiar with their cap space but I wouldn't see how they wouldn't be easy Super Bowl favorites with Marshall. He must have been a huge locker room cancer for just a 5th round pick.

And if you are trading players for being locker room cancer and not based on production then Cutler should clearly be gone.

cancer, old, expensive, not as focused on football, etc.

We've already signed most of our core players, we'll be alright.

core players aren't enough. the superbowl showed the effects of paying earl and dick all that money. for instance, had to let clemons go. then avril gets hurt early in the superbowl and who is there to pickup the slack? nobody.

if the seachickens can stay healthy they will be fine.... just like every team who has to pay out big contracts in exchange for depth.

so the percy harvin trade looks like it will net the seahawks a 6th rounder (as opposed to a 4th if he were on the jets roster on march 19th). god awful situation for them. they trade a first and 3rd or whatever, pay him a boatload of money, get a 6th round in return and have to live with the knowledge that if percy harvin were on their roster for the superbowl they would have been back to back champs!

When it comes to the nature of the split with the team’s most recent head coach, York has a different position: Don’t ask Harbaugh, who claims the parting wasn’t mutual.

“I feel sorry that’s how he feels,” York said. “I have a signed agreement that says otherwise.”

Lulz you tell em jeddy! Agreement is signed guys!

#Jed was Right
#CaseClosed

rando14

Field Yates ‏@FieldYates 7m7 minutes ago
Non-Marshawn Lynch Seahawks news: the team has released TE Zach Miller.

*ppppppuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuukes

Tom Penny

Fuck anyone who wants Reggie Wayne's corpse on the Pats. Secondly the Pats never ever make moves early. They wait until FA because by day 2 there will be a zillion dollars flying all over the place then they take the scraps. The difference is this time around they have will have two of the best players on the market from their team getting bags of money thrown at them from other teams so the ball is in their court to get shit done prior to FA. If not..try to score 30 a game and 1 and done it in the playoffs.

Nick Roach and Usama Young both released by Raiders today. Freed up $3.2 million more.

Sad story for Roach. Suffered a concussion in preseason last year and never recovered.

Still have this guy available for the low price of a 7th round pick,

oaklol.0.gif

Top Bottom