• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 2015 |OT2| Home of Baseball, Anime, Cricket, and Magic Johnson

BigAT

Love this tweet:

Larry Beyince ‏@DragonflyJonez
Brandon Jacobs hit Landry with a "WEIGHTROOM!" moment in 08 and Landry's been on drugs ever since.

The play:

jacobs-destroys-landry-week-1.gif

jbug617

Banned
PFT says Lynch is signing a 3yr/$31m contract with Seahawks.

Breakdown:

Per a source with knowledge of the terms, Lynch gets $12 million this year, in the form $7.5 million signing bonus and a $4.5 million fully-guaranteed base salary.

In 2016, Lynch (if he plays) will get a base salary of $9 million. In 2017 (if he plays), it’s a base salary of $7 million in 2017 along with a $3 million roster bonus due on the fifth day of the 2017 league year.

zychi

Banned
Seems like we sold low on Marshall. Must have been clear that the Bears were going to cut him if no one wanted him. And to think that two years ago the Bears had arguably the best WR duo in the NFL.

Also Bears QBs had a Total QBR of 70 with Marshall on the field and a Total QBR of 33 with him off the field last two seasons. Going to be tough to replace. Now to trade or cut Cutler.
Qbr is a terrible, broken, tells you nothing stat. Please dont use it as a reference for anything

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
But MRSA told me you were fat?!?

I wouldn't sully a $100+ Official Stafford jersey if I was at the 250 lb of pizza and beer fat I had a few years back.

I'm starting to like Twitter. I signed up about one hour ago and have been learning how to use it. Far superior to Facebook where it's basically just family members trying to get the dirt on your private life or trying to show off to inflate your ego.

Plus I love how you can have direct contact with say DeAndre Levy or Cliff Blezinski. I've been trying to warn GAF and NFLGAF about the impending Restoration of the Roar now it's time to take it to Twitter.

Who are we playing Week 1? I want to find out who the DBs are so I can accurately predict before the game starts how hard Matthew Stafford is going to torch them for.

I wouldn't sully a $100+ Official Stafford jersey if I was at the 250 lb of pizza and beer fat I had a few years back.

I'm starting to like Twitter. I signed up about one hour ago and have been learning how to use it. Far superior to Facebook where it's basically just family members trying to get the dirt on your private life or trying to show off to inflate your ego.

Plus I love how you can have direct contact with say DeAndre Levy or Cliff Blezinski. I've been trying to warn GAF and NFLGAF about the impending Restoration of the Roar now it's time to take it to Twitter.

Who are we playing Week 1? I want to find out who the DBs are so I can accurately predict before the game starts how hard Matthew Stafford is going to torch them for.

Twitter is so good for instant news also schedule isn't released until late April/May

minx

Qbr is a terrible, broken, tells you nothing stat. Please dont use it as a reference for anything

It's not a great stat to use but it shows the obvious, the Bears are going to struggle without Marshall. He was the best WR in the entire history of the organization.

Totally non-football related but in the "cool shit you find when cleaning out the garage" category, I found this in an old box today. I had it signed by none other than Jeremy Bulloch (Boba Fett) at a comic book store when I was like 13. Got a big stupid smile on my face that no man my age should but well there you go. Time to get it re-framed and put up in the den.

cdyhybrid

Jermaine Kearse got a 2nd-round tender.

Means if another team signs him, we get a 2nd-round pick from them (not that I expect this to happen) and he gets a $2.356M salary if he signs with us.

Jermaine Kearse got a 2nd-round tender.

Means if another team signs him, we get a 2nd-round pick from them (not that I expect this to happen) and he gets a $2.356M salary if he signs with us.

Nice to see the local kid stick with the team, lets face it no one's gonna pick up that tender.

Yeah, I'd be happy to have him back. Him and Baldwin aren't #1 guys, but they can be solid contributors and they both make clutch plays.

Clutch yes, consistent no. I'm hoping but not holding my breath that Kearse and Willson haven't plateaued yet and will become big contributors in the future. There's been glimpses but just that.

Edit: Since when did Clayton get his own radio show?

BigAT

Lynch details:

Mike Garafolo ‏@MikeGarafolo
Marshawn Lynch just signed his deal. 2 years, $24m.

Mike Garafolo ‏@MikeGarafolo
$12 million of Lynch's deal is payable this year by December. Seahawks have their tone setter back.

Totally non-football related but in the "cool shit you find when cleaning out the garage" category, I found this in an old box today. I had it signed by none other than Jeremy Bulloch (Boba Fett) at a comic book store when I was like 13. Got a big stupid smile on my face that no man my age should but well there you go. Time to get it re-framed and put up in the den.

That's so cool man

cdyhybrid

Originally acquired in a mid-season trade with the Buffalo Bills in 2010, Lynch has topped 1,200 yards rushing in the four full seasons he's spent with the Seahawks. Since moving to the Pacific Northwest, no player has rushed for more touchdowns (54), yards (5,930), or gained more yards after contact (2,707) than Lynch. He's been the focal point of Seattle's offense and referred to as a "heartbeat" guy by both Schneider and Carroll.

Not the best RB in the league though
3w2MWDX.png

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Apparently DCX blocked my friend request. :*(

Don't get mad at me because your the Falcons and QB haven't been able to hang with the big boys in the NFC.

Can't wait till we get to Week 1 so I can tweet rookie DBs they're about to get torched by Matthew Stafford and our offense.

Top Bottom