• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 2015 |OT2| Home of Baseball, Anime, Cricket, and Magic Johnson

MechDX

Confession time: This is me

Ndamukong+Suh+ESPN+Magazine+Presents+7th+Annual+7wCvGSX8f7ol.jpg

I am a life long Texan fan and that Kas guy annoys the hell out of me. Also Stafford cuts in the lunch line

Oh and fuck Aaron Rodgers

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Facebook is enough!

Can I directly message Lions beat writer Tim Twentyman, NFLN Ian Rappaport, Darius Slay, Nate Burleson within an hour asking them about Suhs situation and coming up with a hashtag:

#KeepSuhInHonoluluBlue

Spread that hashtag Lions fans or any fan who hates Suh and wants to see him suffer in Detroit.

Just look at my Twitter feed the last hour. Lions beat writer Tim Twentyman, ESPN Michael Rothstein, and NFLN Ian Rappaport all start putting their tweets up on Pride of Detroit.

Wait you aren't the girl in your avatar or an abortedwalrusfetus?

Unfortunately, I am significantly older than Yoshiko Suenaga. I have no idea why she's wearing a Phillies jersey, but until someone can find me another avatar of a hot asian girl wearing a Philadelphia team related outfit it's what I am stuck with.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Kas is like a little kid out there...

Imagine if ez talked about every single one of his tweets on GAF.

The tweets are generally the same message about keeping Suh in Detroit. I wouldn't bore you with tweets about baseball or the state of Wisconsin. These are tweets to Suhs teammates, friends, and Lions writers.

And admittedly I am actually having a little fun with it since I just started using it 5 hours ago.

I like where this thread is headed

Exactly Chris. You don't want Suh on the Dolphins so join the #KeepSuhInHonoluluBlue movement.

The tweets are generally the same message about keeping Suh in Detroit. I wouldn't bore you with tweets about baseball or the state of Wisconsin. These are tweets to Suhs teammates, friends, and Lions writers.

And admittedly I am actually having a little fun with it since I just started using it 5 hours ago.

Exactly Chris. You don't want Suh on the Dolphins so join the #KeepSuhInHonoluluBlue movement.

I actually don't

#Keepsuhinhonolulublue

OK so I have been drinking whiskey for a while now, and I consider myself pretty experienced in the field...

I cannot figure out why bourbon with a very large oak/wood taste is so looked down upon. I've tried the Van Winkles, I've tried Wellers, I've tried Four Roses Single Barrels. But when I try a pour of Elijah Craig Barrel Proof, or Woodford Reserve Double Oaked, or even a Maker's Mark Cask Strength, I feel an intense woodiness that blends with a nice vanilla/caramel sweetness, and a tail end of char that hits every spot I can think of perfectly. I don't understand why the characteristic is looked down upon.

I guess a lot of people feel the oak/wood flavor overpowers the rest of the drink, but frankly in most bourbon whiskeys I've had all of the flavors simply form a nebulous conglomeration of flavor that gets lots in the mixture. It's not like the sweet smokiness of a highland, or the peaty intensity of an islay. I like such intense flavors, and the very oaky flavors of some of the best bourbon whiskeys are the closest things I've felt to the intensity of flavor that Scotch can bring. From now on every whiskey review I read that complains about overly woody flavors is going to stand as a signal that it's what I should be drinking.

Maybe some of this is just personal taste, but I feel like the lack of an intense woodiness being preferred in American whiskey is a trend rather than anything wise. It's a bit ironic that this stands at odds with my feelings about IPAs, since I find the hoppy bitterness of them to be overpowering. The problem is that there is the exact opposite of the spectrum in whiskey, where a grouping of weak flavors suffers for the fact that there isn't a single intense flavor to carry them along. That's why sours and saisons rule the world of beer--they have an intense flavor that doesn't alienate the rest of the beer. I feel very similarly about whiskey. A whiskey can be overpowered by a single flavor, like a very young Islay scotch, or it can be a complex of flavors that never quite come together like Jefferson's Ocean Reserve. I'd rather a whiskey with a dominant flavor that brings the rest of it's flavor to the fore than a whiskey that falls flat because it can't find the one flavor to carry the rest on its shoulders.

OK so I have been drinking whiskey for a while now, and I consider myself pretty experienced in the field...

I cannot figure out why bourbon with a very large oak/wood taste is so looked down upon. I've tried the Van Winkles, I've tried Wellers, I've tried Four Roses Single Barrels. But when I try a pour of Elijah Craig Barrel Proof, or Woodford Reserve Double Oaked, or even a Maker's Mark Cask Strength, I feel an intense woodiness that blends with a nice vanilla/caramel sweetness, and a tail end of char that hits every spot I can think of perfectly. I don't understand why the characteristic is looked down upon.

I guess a lot of people feel the oak/wood flavor overpowers the rest of the drink, but frankly in most bourbon whiskeys I've had all of the flavors simply form a nebulous conglomeration of flavor that gets lots in the mixture. It's not like the sweet smokiness of a highland, or the peaty intensity of an islay. I like such intense flavors, and the very oaky flavors of some of the best bourbon whiskeys are the closest things I've felt to the intensity of flavor that Scotch can bring. From now on every whiskey review I read that complains about overly woody flavors is going to stand as a signal that it's what I should be drinking.

Maybe some of this is just personal taste, but I feel like the lack of an intense woodiness being preferred in American whiskey is a trend rather than anything wise. It's a bit ironic that this stands at odds with my feelings about IPAs, since I find the hoppy bitterness of them to be overpowering. The problem is that there is the exact opposite of the spectrum in whiskey, where a grouping of weak flavors suffers for the fact that there isn't a single intense flavor to carry them along. That's why sours and saisons rule the world of beer--they have an intense flavor that doesn't alienate the rest of the beer. I feel very similarly about whiskey. A whiskey can be overpowered by a single flavor, like a very young Islay scotch, or it can be a complex of flavors that never quite come together like Jefferson's Ocean Reserve. I'd rather a whiskey with a dominant flavor that brings the rest of it's flavor to the fore than a whiskey that falls flat because it can't find the one flavor to carry the rest on its shoulders.

It all comes down to personal taste just find the style you like and stick with it

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Kas looks like a generic white guy

Mental image ruined

Generic white guy = 6'5 Albanian/Serbian :jnc When I have my head shaved sure but if I let my beard and hair grow out with my eyebrows I look like my scruffy Balkan ancestors.

The newest pic is from a year ago. I can go full Balkan if I want to and did until a few weeks ago growing my hair and patchy "beard".

Here is a Northern Albanian OG Triple OG Malsor (Mountain Man).

DervishShaqa_rkl.JPG

These are batshit insane Serbian Chetniks.

ukraine-protests-chetnik-serb-crimea.jpg

They grow some fucking bad ass beards and despite being assholes they fought the Nazis and the Ottoman Empire. But between all that they decided to fight everyone else (Croatians, Albanians, Bosnians etc). For whatever reason there beards tend to be dark black whereas Albanian Malsor grow bad ass beards and protect our turf, but Albanian Malsor tend to have better hair cutting and fashion style.

I can go full Balkan, start letting my hair grow out, patchy beard and smoking cigs causing a scruffy voice and then instead of generic white guy it'll be "oh look at that crazy Albanian, or former Yugoslavian." "That's where World War 1 started those violent assholes".

I get clowned on by other older Albanians for having a shaved head. Not a good look for various reasons but I usually don't care. Few things better than waking up out of bed with with a freshly shaved head.

I'm debating going full Balkan now. Look at Nikolla Mirotic (PF, Chicago Bulls) beard.

Malalaw

Generic white guy = 6'5 Albanian/Serbian :jnc When I have my head shaved sure but if I let my beard and hair grow out with my eyebrows I look like my scruffy Balkan ancestors.

The newest pic is from a year ago. I can go full Balkan if I want to and did until a few weeks ago growing my hair and patchy "beard".

Here is a Northern Albanian OG Triple OG Malsor (Mountain Man).

Albanian_fighter_Postcard_of_year_1.jpg.html

These are batshit insane Serbian Chetniks.

ukraine-protests-chetnik-serb-crimea.jpg

They grow some fucking bad ass beards and despite being assholes they fought the Nazis and the Ottoman Empire. But between all that they decided to fight everyone else (Croatians, Albanians, Bosnians etc). For whatever reason there beards tend to be dark black whereas Albanian Malsor grow bad ass beards and protect our turf, but Albanian Malsor tend to have better hair cutting and fashion style.

I can go full Balkan, start letting my hair grow out, patchy beard and smoking cigs causing a scruffy voice and then instead of generic white guy it'll be "oh look at that crazy Albanian, or former Yugoslavian." "That's where World War 1 started those violent assholes".

I get clowned on by other older Albanians for having a shaved head. Not a good look for various reasons but I usually don't care. Few things better than waking up out of bed with with a freshly shaved head.

The guy in the middle looks just like me...holy shit.

Well...before I was forced to shave.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
The guy in the middle looks just like me...holy shit.

Well...before I was forced to shave.

Talking about this dude?

checkpoint169-408x264.jpg

He's very well known in the Balkans and rumors are he even tried to assassinate Serbian Nationalist leader, Slobodan Milosevic. Vice did a documentary on this dude a year ago regarding Crimea (PM me later and I'll find you the link).*

Anyways the Balkans and the whole hatred is ridiculous but it's real till this day. Constant warfare from the Spartans, to Alexander the Great built a warrior mentality. As soon as religious warfare between Catholics, Orthodox and Muslims got involved around the 1300s, shit really hit the fan and it's still spinning till this day. Oh well still a beautiful region of you know the right spots and I'm not saying this as a homer but the most beautiful woman on the planet, IMO.

Nikolla Mirotic needs to trim his beard a bit more. Vlade Divac had it correct.

200px-Vlade_Divac_cropped.jpg

*Serbian War Veterans Operating in Crimea: Russian Roulette in Ukraine (Dispatch 5)

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Vlade sucked. Kas is fat, so is Stafford.

When we have our NFLGAF LA this coming week I know you wouldn't call Stafford fat in front of me. I know you Cambodians and Azn Boys ran wild (and still do) in Long Beach in the 1990s-early 2000s about two blocks from me but that's a line that cannot be crossed. We'd be better off going to King Taco off of Long Beach Blvdand then taking the train to Highland Park and catch a basketball game.

Suh will be signed a Lion so I'll be in a celebratory mood so drinks on me (even though I'll just have wings and soda).

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Kas&MRSA meet up should be a PPV event. Falling Down for the modern age potential.

Well the schedules are aligning for at least 4 of us. Potentially more if we invite people from the LA GAF OT thread. The NFLGAF LA meet up was once a Final Fantasy 15 vaporware idea. One Gaffer friend who I met through GAF is in Pasadena while I'm literally in Cambodia Town, LBC. I think Korea Town would be a good meet up spot.

If MRSA doesn't show up, unless it's a emergency, he's bitchmade. What's the worse that can happen? I start spouting off Matthew Stafford stats?

Top Bottom