• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 2015 |OT2| Home of Baseball, Anime, Cricket, and Magic Johnson

bionic77

When can I eat pizza again after wisdom teeth extraction? Like 1-2 weeks? Why are you guys posting pizza pictures.
Me and my sister were eating normally the same day. I think I went out to Olive Garden if I remember correctly (it was the 90s don't judge me).

It's been awhile but I think the most important thing was making sure no food got stuck in that hole.

Farooq

Banned
Reports seem to suggest that Doug Free is about to sign a multi-year deal with the Cowboys

Dallas' offensive line will remain intact for another season. Although I am still hoping La'el Collins drops to the Cowboys. Ron Leary's degenerative knee condition is a bit concerning, I would be wary of signing him to anything long term after next season.

Reports seem to suggest that Doug Free is about to sign a multi-year deal with the Cowboys

Dallas' offensive line will remain intact for another season. Although I am still hoping La'el Collins drops to the Cowboys. Ron Leary's degenerative knee condition is a bit concerning, I would be wary of signing him to anything long term after next season.

Mixed feelings about this. The line was great last year, but Free has had some bad seasons in the past and I think at his age you might as well move on. Bringing back Parnell as the starter would have made sense to me.

Farooq

Banned
Mixed feelings about this. The line was great last year, but Free has had some bad seasons in the past and I think at his age you might as well move on. Bringing back Parnell as the starter would have made sense to me.

Parnell is younger and more athletic, but he made too many mental errors. Sometimes boneheaded shit like pass setting on a running play, inexcusable. Plus Free is the better run blocker, the offense's entire foundation is built on running the ball.

Free's age makes him more attractive to me because it will be cheaper to retain him (cheaper than what teams will offer Parnell) and he is right at the prime age for tackles.

JABEE

So the free agent negotiating period is today at noon est. I wonder how much info we hear about.

I'm pretty sure no one is allowed to announce that they agreed to deals yet. I think one year they tried doing that and it pissed off other GMs. That might have been the NHL.

Some things may leak. This tampering period has been around since the lockout.

MechDX

one tackle off the market as #Texans work on re-signing Newton. RT @toddarcher: Cowboys have a three-year deal with Doug Free.--Twitter

MechDX

Legal Tampering window explained

The version of the memo sent last year permits a team to “ubmit a written summary of the club’s negotiating position,” to “[e]xpress its position as to signing bonus, length of contract, amounts of signing bonus and yearly compensation, and other items,” to “[a]djust its negotiating position in response to a certified agent’s position,” and “[e]ngage in an oral exchange of positions.”

However, the team must say that it is simply articulating a “negotiating position,” not “making an offer.” Under the 2014 memo, no offers can be made, and no express or implied agreements can be reached.

Now everyone who thinks deals are not made during this window slap yourself in the damn face

Spinluck

I am still heart broken over Reggie leaving (or more like us leaving him).

Fuck you Irsay. I know he still has one sub par season left. One of my all time favorite players in any sport. :'(

Bowser

Bleacher Report's Jason Cole (who has been confirmed to have sources within Hardy's camp) said that a decision on Hardy's reinstatement is expected today before the FA "legal tampering" period opens.

Bowser

Bill Simmons ‏@BillSimmons 2m2 minutes ago
The 2014 Indianapolis Colts - the team that tried (and failed) to pull off a DeflateGate sting but had no problem paying LaRon Landry.

Damn Bill don't kill 'em!

Bowser

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 52s52 seconds ago
Intriguing team preparing to make a run at #Lions DT Ndamukong Suh: The #Chargers. Wow.

Poor kas. No way Suh goes back to the Lions. Too much money out there for him.

MechDX

Been said but my concern with Suh is having a repeat of the Haynesworth ordeal. I don't 100% believe it will happen but there is a chance.

He will be paid more than Watt (52 million guaranteed) and after what Watt did last season he is underpaid.

Farooq

Banned
Details of Doug Free's deal for Cowboys GAF. It is a three year deal worth 15 million, 6 million guaranteed. 3 million cap hit in 2015.

Top Bottom