• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 2015 |OT2| Home of Baseball, Anime, Cricket, and Magic Johnson

brentech

Jason Wilde ‏@jasonjwilde 13m13 minutes ago
RT @CharlesRobinson: Per Randall Cobb, return to #Packers would likely be for $1-2M less per year than elsewhere.

Jason Wilde ‏@jasonjwilde 13m13 minutes ago
RT @CharlesRobinson: I would not pin the Randall Cobb situation solely on the #Packers. Cobb's camp wants to see what the market is.

Godslay

Banned
Breaking News

Pats won't offer him what the Jets will. They are already $5M in the hole in 2015 for Revis.

Unless of course he works out a deal before the deadline, which is unlikely given the quote you got from Mehta assumes that he reaches free agency.

Basically it would be $5M plus whatever the Pats offer him to return to the Pats. Are the Pats willing to match the Jets all while having to eat that $5M?

It wouldn't be a very Pats like thing to do considering their history and current cap state.

I could be wrong, but I think it's a reach.

ampere

Pats won't offer him what the Jets will. They are already $5M in the hole in 2015 for Revis.

Unless of course he works out a deal before the deadline, which is unlikely given the quote you got from Mehta assumes that he reaches free agency.

Basically it would be $5M plus whatever the Pats offer him to return to the Pats. Are the Pats willing to match the Jets all while having to eat that $5M?

It wouldn't be a very Pats like thing to do considering their history and current cap state.

The question is does Revis want $5M more or to play for a contender. He's a mercenary, but he also probably liked winning

But I don't know what kind of offers are being made, I just think Bill pushes hard to keep him.

Tom Penny

In bizarro world 5 million dollars is a lot when you're trying to sign a guy long term...

JABEE

The question is does Revis want $5M more or to play for a contender. He's a mercenary, but he also probably liked winning

But I don't know what kind of offers are being made, I just think Bill pushes hard to keep him.
That $5 million is what he is owed no matter what. It's a sunk cost. Money isn't equal if you subtract that $5 million.

ampere

That $5 million is what he is owed no matter what. It's a sunk cost. Money isn't equal if you subtract that $5 million.

Yea just saying if we offer $50M over 5 years vs Jets offering $50M over 5 years he'd make 5M more with the Jets, but like I said no idea what actual offers are on the table of if Bill has plans to free more cap space. He must have felt like the extra month to negotiate was worth it, or maybe just thought having Revis for 1 years was worth whatever it took to buff our previously lackluster secondary

Godslay

Banned

If he hits FA, I don't think he comes back. That $5M amounts to exclusive rights to negotiate. If it's not done by Monday I don't see it happening.

I think Revis is putting that out there is fan service.I don't think the Pats can or will match what teams will offer him.

I could be wrong though.

In bizarro world 5 million dollars is a lot when you're trying to sign a guy long term...

Well you aren't getting it back no matter what. The $5M does two things. Increases the investment Pats have in Revis for just one year, while decreasing what they can offer him on a new contract. It also hampers the ability to match other teams because they already paid him $5M.

That's why I asked if the Pats will work out a deal that is equal to other teams with the $5M in mind.

If they can work out a deal before the option expires they will have to fold that $5M in the contract which over a 4 year deal would amount to $1.25M a year which isn't a lot of money, but likely reduces what Pats can offer overall.

Revis can just bank that $5M by hitting FA and the get top dollar without having to make concessions to move money around.

I highly doubt he signs with the Pats, but I could be wrong.

Tom Penny

If he hits FA, I don't think he comes back. That $5M amounts to exclusive rights to negotiate. If it's not done by Monday I don't see it happening.

I think Revis is putting that out there is fan service.I don't think the Pats can or will match what teams will offer him.

I could be wrong though.

Well you aren't getting it back no matter what. The $5M does two things. Increases the investment Pats have in Revis for just one year, while decreasing what they can offer him on a new contract. It also hampers the ability to match other teams because they already paid him $5M.

That's why I asked if the Pats will work out a deal that is equal to other teams with the $5M in mind.

If they can work out a deal before the option expires they will have to fold that $5M in the contract which over a 4 year deal would amount to $1.25M a year which isn't a lot of money, but likely reduces what Pats can offer overall.

Revis can just bank that $5M by hitting FA and the get top dollar without having to make concessions to move money around.

I highly doubt he signs with the Pats, but I could be wrong.

He already got that 5 million...it would be dead cap money.

Spinluck

Bill Simmons ‏@BillSimmons 2m2 minutes ago
The 2014 Indianapolis Colts - the team that tried (and failed) to pull off a DeflateGate sting but had no problem paying LaRon Landry.

Damn Bill don't kill 'em!

What's Deflate Gate?

Who is Bill Simmons?

LaRon Landry sucks and is a roider. Glad he's gone. Grigson you dumb fuck.

Mech! I'm happy to see you've decided to trade in your years of disappointment for a trip to the big leagues of sports-induced depression!

Godslay

Banned
He already got that 5 million...it would be dead cap money.

I'm aware. It's a signing bonus which is attributed towards his guaranteed amount iirc.

It still counts towards the 2015 cap.

So whatever you pay Revis this year (assuming a deal is struck), is the cap number he signs at for 2015 + $5M cap hit for signing bonus.

Assuming they are able to strike a deal before the deadline they can manipulate the $5M over the life of the new contract. Otherwise they can't touch it and they are already $5M in the hole and then have to compete with other teams with more money to spend.

I thought gata finally got his way,

Anyways dolphins release Wheeler with post june 1st designation and just like that our lb core just got better, chances are we are keeping Wallace

MechDX

Don't b surprised if Wilfork reunited with Crennel and O'Brien if price is right. He and Crennel are real close.-McClain Twitter

But is he a better QB than Brian Fucking Hoyer ?

Eddie Borsilli @Borsilli · 11m 11 minutes ago

Quote from a #Raiders source. "Get ready. Pulling out all the stops. Were going big".

BiekO81CIAA2Gzb.png

I thought gata finally got his way,

Anyways dolphins release Wheeler with post june 1st designation and just like that our lb core just got better, chances are we are keeping Wallace
Sucks that he didn't work out but oh well. Ellerbe next?

If anybody wants to watch me try and win a Madden Super Bowl with Tyrod Taylor then I'll post a link to the stream in a minute.
You mean Virginia Tech legend Tyrod Taylor? You got this in the bag.

why is your qb tyrod taylor

Because the rookie I drafted tore his shoulder in the final 90 seconds of the NFC Championship game and backup Terrelle Pryor is also on IR so I'm down to third string Tyrod Taylor, who couldn't hit a barn door from 10 yards away.

It's OK though, I just picked up 38 yr old Josh McCown and Smoking' Jay Cutler to save the day should things go bad.

I also lost Janoris Jenkins to a dislocated ankle in the divisional round so this should be fun.

Slo

You don't pay taxes in Florida so shouldn't Suh be a little cheaper for the Dolphins (compared to the other offers) because of that?

People/businesses will go to Florida because of that, but giving that money back to the club would defeat the purpose.

You don't pay taxes in Florida so shouldn't Suh be a little cheaper for the Dolphins (compared to the other offers) because of that?

Chris Hansen had a good take on that. Only 9 games would be played in CA, and if his state of residence is somewhere else, his initial signing bonus shouldn't be affected. Also if the money is front loaded he can put it into an early investment to offset. Also Suh may not see the whole contract etc. So a lot of different factors at play to offset it. Also CA doesn't have hurricanes, humidity, Floridians and of course, probably the biggest selling point, no Gata.

MechDX

Yeah that kid should some potential so I'd rather we work out something to get him if we could.

I've read more on the Hoyer issue. Speculation now the Texans are leaking this info to put pressure on Mallett. Only suitors listed for Mallett are the Jets.

I feel bad for you Texans fans though. One day you will find your Aaron.

Chris Hansen had a good take on that. Only 9 games would be played in CA, and if his state of residence is somewhere else, his initial signing bonus shouldn't be affected. Also if the money is front loaded he can put it into an early investment to offset. Also Suh may not see the whole contract etc. So a lot of different factors at play to offset it. Also CA doesn't have hurricanes, humidity, Floridians and of course, probably the biggest selling point, no Gata.
Do you want Suh on the Raiders?

MechDX

Texans take one of the top CBs off the market, reaching agreement with Kareem Jackson on 4-year deal, per source.-Schefter

Fuck you Philly! The train is stopped!

My guess is Joseph will now be cut. Look for the Rex and the Bills. Rex always a fan of Joseph

Do you want Suh on the Raiders?

Kinda neutral. Can take him or leave him. I worry after he gets paid he will just call it in on Sundays and collect his check.

My biggest wants are on offense, Cobb and Hudson, so so on Thomas.

And if we don't get Suh, I'd be pretty happy with Pot Roast and/or Jerry Hughes.

Godslay

Banned
Gotta love Reddit.

Post actual contract details, get downvoted.

Not my fault you fucks can't handle the truth. Such a garbage website if you take the voting system seriously.

Top Bottom