• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 2015 |OT2| Home of Baseball, Anime, Cricket, and Magic Johnson

Kinda neutral. Can take him or leave him. I worry after he gets paid he will just call it in on Sundays and collect his check.

My biggest wants are on offense, Cobb and Hudson, so so on Thomas.

And if we don't get Suh, I'd be pretty happy with Pot Roast and/or Jerry Hughes.
I hear ya. Despite me not really wanting Suh in Miami I do think he'll play hard for whoever gets him.

Seems inevitable that you guys will grab a WR at 4. I'd be pretty excited about that, Carr + White/Cooper should be cool. Throw in Cobb and you've got the potential for a pretty fun offense.

Milchjon

I don't give a shit about karma.

I just think it's funny. Post a factual list of details, which cannot be disputed for accuracy, and get downvoted.

How does that make sense?

Broncos culture.

You are invited to join our merry band of Pats fans. I promise I will only upvote.

Just saw this
Adam Schefter retweeted
James Walker ‏@JamesWalkerNFL 15m 15 minutes ago
Current tally of #Dolphins veteran cuts: Philip Wheeler, Cortland Finnegan, Nate Garner, Brian Hartline and Brandon Gibson. #RosterPurge

ampere

It was actually a discussion about Revis' contract. So my assumption is, that it was your people.

No Pats fans want to see "Revis coming back is unlikely because look at the money situation." Add that to a site that allows down voting and bam people will downvote

Doesn't mean you are wrong

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Kinda neutral. Can take him or leave him. I worry after he gets paid he will just call it in on Sundays and collect his check.

My biggest wants are on offense, Cobb and Hudson, so so on Thomas.

And if we don't get Suh, I'd be pretty happy with Pot Roast and/or Jerry Hughes.

With Suh you're not going to get some guy who'll spend 10 games out of the season in a hot tub like Albert Haynesworth or Shaun Rogers.

Suh lives and breathes football and you can see it in how he plays every snap.

@NFL_Stats: Since 2007, Ndamukong Suh is 2nd among DTs in sacks with 36. He joined the #NFL in 2010

Godslay

Banned
Doubt it, sounds like Julius wants a lot of money

I just keep seeing it pop up. We already know that they proposed a deal for him last year iirc.

No Pats fans want to see "Revis coming back is unlikely because look at the money situation." Add that to a site that allows down voting and bam people will downvote

Doesn't mean you are wrong

I know. It's just funny.

MechDX

CB Kareem Jackson is signing a 4-year worth $34M, source said, with $20M in guarantees. Very strong.--Twitter

Not bad.

Jets and Eagles were also interested. lol

tmdorsey

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 40s41 seconds ago
This is a surprise: #Falcons LB Sean Weatherspoon will hit the open market and is unlikely to be back in Atlanta. Was a priority.

I know all you guys were hoping he would hit the market so your teams would have a chance at him.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
If the Lions weren't targeting Kareem Jackson it means either:

1.) We're still confident we can resign Suh

2.) We aren't drafting a DB with a high pick because we have based Darius Slay and seasoned vet Rashean Mathis.

Speaking of Slay:

Darius Slay drawing more praise from the Detroit Lions, and the expectations that go with it.

It was easy to miss live, with so much happening and so much at stake. But pop in the tape, and it's there.

Detroit Lions cornerback Darius Slay jamming Dez Bryant right into the turf.

Yes, that Dez Bryant.

OK, it was just one play. But look at all the others. Bryant didn't manage a single catch while matched up against Slay in the Lions' wild-card loss against Dallas back in January.

And Bryant's frustration was obvious when he shoved Slay following a DeMarco Murray touchdown run -- drawing a personal foul that wiped out the score as well as a fine.

http://www.mlive.com/lions/index.ssf/2015/03/detroit_lions_martin_mayhew_ho.html

A lot more at the link but in his second year, especially toward the end of the season, Darius Slay has turned himself into a shutdown legit #1 corner. He has a shaky rookie season after being picked in the 2nd round but him panning out will be huge for us.

With Suh you're not going to get some guy who'll spend 10 games out of the season in a hot tub like Albert Haynesworth or Shaun Rogers.

Good to hear, if he does indeed come to Oakland.

I'm still wondering how the Dolphins will pay him, they would have to structure his contract kinda weird.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Charles Robinson @CharlesRobinson
Team source tells me the #Bills are working hard to keep DE Jerry Hughes but that it's looking like a bidding situation.

Tim Graham @ByTimGraham
Source tells me Bills have made progress in re-signing Jerry Hughes, but both sides very aware clock ticking. Pressure rising.

Guys I'm scared. I know we've joked before that WanderingWind would kill me any time we take anything good from Buffalo but I think he really would do it this time if the Browns landed Jerry Hughes.

Duxxy3

Rather not lose McCourty or Revis, but McCourty is more expendable. I'd rather spend Vereen's money on Spiller if possible. Somewhat surprised that Amendola is still on the roster.

Bowser

More smoke on Suh to Miami:

Charles Robinson ‏@CharlesRobinson 7h7 hours ago
Several league sources are talking about Ndamukong Suh to #Dolphins as if it has already happened. DeMarco Murray returning to #Cowboys, too

Godslay

Banned
Rather not lose McCourty or Revis, but McCourty is more expendable. I'd rather spend Vereen's money on Spiller if possible. Somewhat surprised that Amendola is still on the roster.

Not a lot of wiggle room with Amendola. Eat plenty of cap if cut.

Several league sources are talking about Ndamukong Suh to #Dolphins as if it has already happened. DeMarco Murray returning to #Cowboys, too
Like my grandfather always used to say, where there's smoke there's thuggery.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex

Who are these sources and are they the same ones who said Harbaugh would coach at Miami when Dolphins owner tried courting him last season?

Sick of these "sources", not saying put names out but what kind of sources are we taking about? NFL.com writers who have written fanboy books about the 1972 Dolphins?

ampere

Spiller seems too injury prone. I'd say cut Ridley, keep Vereen and give Bolden a more involved role.

Then draft another RB to work in.

edit:

Plus don't we have Blount for this year too?

Who are these sources and are they the same ones who said Harbaugh would coach at Miami when Dolphins owner tried courting him last season?

Sick of these "sources", not saying put names out but what kind of sources are we taking about? NFL.com writers who have written fanboy books about the 1972 Dolphins?

Still in the first stage of grief, I see.

Armando from Miami Herald is a great source, says they will make push but nothing is set

Jarnet87

Yeah it would be tough to see Suh stink all of a sudden or play without effort like Haynesworth. Suh has already had a huge contract (pre rookie salary scale) and its not like he is some surprise gem. the guy was the 2nd pick in the draft, some thought he was the clear #1 prospect in the draft so there were high expectations from the start.

Duxxy3

Spiller seems too injury prone. I'd say cut Ridley, keep Vereen and give Bolden a more involved role.

edit:

Vereen hasn't been exactly free of injury. Spiller should come cheaper than Vereen. Less of a pass catcher, but a better runner. The backfield right now is Blount, Bolden, Gray and White right now. White may be good, but he was basically red shirted.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive

edit:

can't cut whose not signed. besides ridley is definitely worth a prove it deal, different style runner, far more talented than blount. bolden was paid for special teams, and vereen has been injured pretty much as much as spiller.

JABEE

I'm surprised Murray is coming back. I thought they were running him into the ground last season, because they knew it would be his last.

Trey

Guys I'm scared. I know we've joked before that WanderingWind would kill me any time we take anything good from Buffalo but I think he really would do it this time if the Browns landed Jerry Hughes.

We don't honestly mind. Jerry Hughes is good and young but he's nothing to lose sleep over.

WedgeX

Banned
Would you like to talk about your hero Godgers?

ib0iyW8883QsVs.jpg

gutshot

Not really bummed about Jackson resigning with Houston. He wasn't one I wanted anyway (although he has set the market pretty high). I want Maxwell and House. Think they are both perfect scheme fits.

Top Bottom