• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 2015 |OT2| Home of Baseball, Anime, Cricket, and Magic Johnson

brent soboleski @brentsobleski
If Cobb earns entirety of contract, he'll make $2.26 million more in GB than he would in Oak on same contract because of tax differential

Afrikan

So with the Jones-Drew retirement, it reminded me of the Jaguars...

maybe this is just nostalgia speaking, but is there any Runningback in the league right now that you'd take over Fred Taylor?

maybe Lynch and Peterson...but I can't think of anyone else.

RBH

Honestly surprised that Sean Weatherspoon seems to be gone from Atlanta. Would've thought that he'd come back on an incentive-laden contract given the way that Dan Quinn was talking about Spoon.

Going to make things interesting for Atlanta when free agency officially starts on Tuesday. They've got almost a clean slate as far as the LB (and DE) position goes. Heard guys like Derrick Morgan, Adrian Clayborn, and Orakpo thrown around. They might be outpriced on Hughes and McPhee.

MechDX

Honestly surprised that Sean Weatherspoon seems to be gone from Atlanta. Would've thought that he'd come back on an incentive-laden contract given the way that Dan Quinn was talking about Spoon.

Going to make things interesting for Atlanta when free agency officially starts on Tuesday. They've got almost a clean slate as far as the LB (and DE) position goes. Heard guys like Derrick Morgan and Orakpo thrown around.

I have seen Brooke Reed's name being connected to Atlanta.

MechDX

Yup, just saw that as well. How did he do in Houston?

Great player at setting the edge as a 3-4 OLB. Can stuff the run and cover running backs and tight ends in coverage. Can not rush the passer for shit though. Seen people at the Falcoholic at SB Nation say to move him to ILB. Texans tried and he played some snaps there but it wasn't much better.

He is not bad just not well rounded in his abilities.

MechDX

Dan Graziano @DanGrazianoESPN
· 38m 38 minutes ago
Wow. RT @Rand_Getlin: The #Eagles are currently willing to pay CB Byron Maxwell north of $10M per year, per a source. Top of the market.

Lot of money for a CB.

RBH

Great player at setting the edge as a 3-4 OLB. Can stuff the run and cover running backs and tight ends in coverage. Can not rush the passer for shit though. Seen people at the Falcoholic at SB Nation say to move him to ILB. Texans tried and he played some snaps there but it wasn't much better.

He is not bad just not well rounded in his abilities.

Gotcha, thanks! I have a feeling that the Falcons will be aiming for mid-level guys like Reed during Free Agency rather than the big-name guys.

B_laIFpVAAAmtPs.jpg

How is JFF's rehab? Seems like he's been in there longer than the usual celeb/athlete goes in for
I would assume good, it's a private matter so no way to know. On the length of his stay, this isn't a publicity stunt. It appears he's really trying to change his life. Don't believe football is on his mind right now. Think it's been almost 2 months now, or more

RBH

Both coach Dan Quinn and G.M. Thomas Dimitroff have described linebacker Sean Weatherspoon as an important part of the team’s defense. It currently appears, however, that he’ll be part of another team’s defense.

Per a source with knowledge of the situation, Weatherspoon is expected to eventually sign with the Saints or the Cardinals.
Rowdy-Roddy-Piper.gif

Bread

Banned
Rehab Reporter ‏@JRReports · 6s6 seconds ago
@AdamScheffer reports that Johnny Rehab is currently in group therapy sessions talking about how he could throw a ball over those mountains.

BG he's getting better!

jakncoke

Banned
how the saints going to sign him with no money, are they even going to make the deadline in getting to compliance with the cap lol

Why would the Dolphins want Cobb anyway? Such a weird fit, he's not a good replacement for Hartline and they have a cheap slot stud in Jarvis Landry. Can't imagine they were too serious in going after Cobb.

jakncoke

Banned
Yes I believe so. Then before the draft you have to be 5 million under for draft picks.

With drew brees cap figure at 26.4, i wonder why his name isnt attached to any rumors on a restructure to ease the pain of the cap hell. I just keep seeing converting roster bonus of several players so far. where is cajun for the inner Louisiana scoop! + we havent heard about lafeyette tourism and restaurant business in several hours/days!

MechDX

Charles Robinson @CharlesRobinson
· 2h 2 hours ago
Multiple league sources continue to be definitive on Ndamukong Suh locked into #Dolphins. Deal expected to set new guaranteed $ for defense.

RBH can you lend a lighter to Chris?

Bowser

LeSean McCoy and #Bills have agreed upon new 5-yr contract once trade w/ #Eagles is finalized on Tues, per NFL sources. Told it's a whopper.

Top Bottom