• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 2015 |OT2| Home of Baseball, Anime, Cricket, and Magic Johnson

One more time. That guaranteed money is not guaranteed. Just the signing bonus of $13M.

One more time, I'm talking about dead money. Whether it's really guaranteed or not, every contract I've seen the guaranteed $$$ has matched up with dead money on the contract.

His old contract for example

47jB6j1.jpg

eznark

Banned
ProFootballTalk ‏@ProFootballTalk · 3m3 minutes ago
Cap numbers for LeSean McCoy: $5.5M in 2015, $7.675M in 2016, $8.875M in 2017, $8.95M in 2018, $9.05M in 2019.

Assuming the cap raises gradually I don't really see a mandatory cut year in there. Nice work Buffalo.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Good. Now go get some DTs, a corner, and Spiller, Mayhew.

As for why the deal isn't great: I honestly don't trust Suh to not start regressing now that he got his money. He's not Haynesworth by any means, but I just didn't think he'd keep up that level.

Plus, for all the talk about "Lions elite DL," they went entire weeks without any QB pressure at all.

MechDX

Jayson Braddock ‏@JaysonBraddock · 33s33 seconds ago
The Eagles have set the parameters of a deal for Maxwell that consists of 6 years $63 million with $23.5 mil fully guaranteed. $13.5 year 1

Godslay

Banned
The Eagles have set the parameters of a deal for Maxwell that consists of 6 years $63 million with $23.5 mil fully guaranteed. $13.5 year 1

Nice. So Revis is getting at least $13.5M plus the Pats $5M. He's getting closer to the $20M mark.

JABEE

Get McCourty done.

That's a lot of money for Maxwell. I'm out of my element with these NFL contracts though.

gutshot

Chip scratches another item off his off-season to-do list...

Tom Penny

Nice. So Revis is getting at least $13.5M plus the Pats $5M. He's getting closer to the $20M mark.

It's hilarious you keep mentioning this like it's annually...and they already paid him that money whether he's there or not so it has zero impact on negotiating.

Bowser

Dick Sherman got this dude paid. Wouldn't be surprised if he busts real quick.

Read this from Sando.

Yeah I get that, I'm just talking about dead money not actual cash. Once dead money is on the books, it can't come off via cut or trade and is escalated against the cap in those circumstances.

So for example, if the Suh contract is legit, the Dolphins now have 60 million dead money against the cap.

Tenumi

Banned
*Pokes in*

Suh, at that money? No thanks, he can leave. That's nearly $10mil more than Watt. He's good, but not that good.

At least that's out of the way now...

Striker

Seahawks D in general. He will probably be average at best just like that corner the Giants signed from seattle. He's so inconsequential I can't even remember his name!
Thurmond played two games! Now a FA... read he's a possible suitor to Atlanta with Quinn.

Maxwell should thank Earl Thomas mostly. Now he matches up with Odell, Dez, and Desean.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
I sincerely hope the Phins know what they're getting into. Suh could be a great pickup, but he also has some... baggage.

The baggage won't be the issue. The consecutive games without any QB pressure will. It drives you crazy. 3, 4 straight games of nothing.

Before Teryl Austin got here, his run defense wasn't too special, either. Under a good DC, he can shine.

So with the Jones-Drew retirement, it reminded me of the Jaguars...

maybe this is just nostalgia speaking, but is there any Runningback in the league right now that you'd take over Fred Taylor?

maybe Lynch and Peterson...but I can't think of anyone else.
Maybe I am a little biased, but I would absolutely take Fred Taylor over anyone else in the league. He is the 2nd best running back I have seen, behind Barry Sanders.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hRZzI4M-KCw

Never been into Am. Football due to a lack of coverage in Germany, but I quite enjoyed this years Divisional Playoffs, Conference Finals and of course Super Bowl. Having acquired a pay TV subscription cheaply I might try to get into it this year.

Top Bottom