• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 2015 |OT2| Home of Baseball, Anime, Cricket, and Magic Johnson

Putting aside need and whatnot, 12 for maclin is a lot. His injury history is still kinda scary and I wouldn't call him an elite #1 guy

he played like an elite #1 in our system and made some elite catches last year. I mean...seriously....I know ODB-J made that one mindblowing catch...but Maclin had a few himself last year.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
he played like an elite #1 in our system and made some elite catches last year. I mean...seriously....I know ODB-J made that one mindblowing catch...but Maclin had a few himself last year.

He did not play like an elite 1. Let's not be hyperbolic now. He is a good 1 and an amazing 2.

Godslay

Banned
It's almost complete.

3tdXeVM.jpg

Somehow Greg Hardy's gonna end up in Seattle or New England, I can feel it in the cosmos.

BB is going to put on his reformer hat and somehow turn him into a non-crazy, fully functioning, woman loving member of society.

Duxxy3

Well the eagles are very active.

Just not sure if they're actually better at this point. Definitely not on offense.

He did not play like an elite 1. Let's not be hyperbolic now. He is a good 1 and an amazing 2.

How did he not play elite?

85 catches, 1318 yards, 10tds

those are elite numbers....or are you saying elite only means finishing in the top 3?

I consider elite finishing in the top 10 being that there are 32 teams

on top of that, he made quite a few "holy shit did he really catch that!?" type catches as well
This being one of them...
maclin.0.gif

JABEE

Jeremy Maclin, Desean Jackson, and Lesean McCoy had career years in this shitty offense.

Now they are all gone. :(

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Eagles offense didn't miss a beat without Desean. Not sure losing Maclin or McCoy even matter. Kind of amazing how Maclin is suddenly irreplaceable.

BigAT

"Hey guys, Philly sports radio says Maclin has been re-signed and they're just waiting to announce the deal later tonight. I'm really glad that Jeremy is coming ba-"

193wxp0ekwqcsgif.gif

CB3

How did he not play elite?

85 catches, 1318 yards, 10tds

those are elite numbers....or are you saying elite only means finishing in the top 3?

I consider elite finishing in the top 10 being that there are 32 teams

on top of that, he made quite a "holy shit did he really catch that!?" type catches as well
This being one of them...
maclin.0.gif

Cooper had 835 yards and 8 TD's two years ago. Foles was what, 27/2? Jordan Matthews had 872 and 8 this year. Alot of guys have looked great in this system.

rando14

I am concerned that Kas still has not posted on here or Twitter, I think there is a legitimate chance he may have tried to OD on his antibiotics or something

Cooper had 835 yards and 8 TD's two years ago. Foles was what, 27/2? Jordan Matthews had 872 and 8 this year. Alot of guys have looked great in this system.

that doesnt make my point wrong. Dude played elite in our system last year, but he also made some ELITE catches. Meanwhile Cooper and Foles played like shit.

Bowser

Jason La Canfora ‏@JasonLaCanfora 10m10 minutes ago
Don't know what kind of cap magic they would be able to pull off, but Chiefs haven't given up on Darrelle Revis i'm told. NE and NYJ also in

wat

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Jason La Canfora ‏@JasonLaCanfora 10m10 minutes ago
Don't know what kind of cap magic they would be able to pull off, but Chiefs haven't given up on Darrelle Revis i'm told. NE and NYJ also in

wat

Shit. Hopefully the pats just pay up, he says he'll pick here all things being equal.

Damn, I was really hoping to snag Herremans for RG at a reasonable price coming off that injury. Never saw the Cards linked to him though. Nice little signing by the Colts.

The AP rumors are becoming so abundant that I'm starting to wonder if they are actually true. It would make sense that Dallas thinks an average RB will do fine behind that line and if that's the case, I can see us being his top choice out of potential suitors. Keim isn't a fool though so it depends on how greedy the Vikes get but considering what McCoy was traded for and he didn't have the off field issues nor is he as old as AP not to mention it can't be desirable having to pay a disgruntled RB that doesn't want to be there all that money... He already said he'd restructure for another team but pretty sure he won't for Minny, he wants out of there. I didn't think Keim would throw that much money at the position but with the belief that Carson is good enough to take us all the way with the other talent on the team and not having a great prospect behind him to take over down the road yet, it could make sense to look at this as a two year window for a serious push at a title given Fitz and Palmer's contracts. If this is the case, I can see going after Peterson. That said, as far as picks go, shouldn't trade higher than a 4th rounder considering the baggage and money involved. I suppose for the right contract I wouldn't cry too much if a third but really hoping Keim can come out on top if this goes through. I just hope D Wash isn't the trade bait...

We're supposed to be considering Orakpo and Mcphee but no way we pay what Mcphee is rumored to be asking so that would depend on if someone else wants to overpay for him. I don't know how I'd feel about Orakpo..your classic stud when healthy but is never healthy scenario. I guess I'd just force myself to feel hopeful and optimistic.

Man, Eagles are looking like they'll fall off a cliff. When I thought they'd be big shakers in this FA, I didn't think it'd be because they allowed all their offensive talent to bolt. Who the hell are they going to throw to now? Mathews and.... they don't draft early enough to get a stud. Last year had a ton of productive rookies across the league so that doesn't mean they can't get talent but relying on Mathews and a rookie with the confusion at QB? That game in Philly doesn't look nearly as intimidating now although I know it's pretty dumb to comment on it so long before the game when much can happen. I feel this way about Detroit as well, D going off a cliff and we play them in Detroit so, wohoo!

Duxxy3

If the eagles fail to get McCourty and Mariota, how long with Chip continue to hold the GM title? Because right now it's been a disaster.

CB3

that doesnt make my point wrong. Dude played elite in our system last year, but he also made some ELITE catches. Meanwhile Cooper and Foles played like shit.

Then we are going to have to agree to disagreee on what exactly elite means to each of us. Numbers arent everything. I reserve elite for the guys that dominate on the field. The way Fitz used to. Or Calvin Johnson before his will was whittled into the ground by the Lions/Fatford.

Then we are going to have to agree to disagreee on what exactly elite means to each of us. Numbers arent everything. I reserve elite for the guys that dominate on the field. The way Fitz used to. Or Calvin Johnson before his will was whittled into the ground by the Lions/Fatford.

I think he played elite last year. Do I think he is elite? No. Gonna need to see him repeat last year multiple years.

Do I think we should have paid him?Sure... I really wouldn't mind giving him 2 mil more to keep him (as apparently we offered 9 and he wanted 11) it will be hard to replace his production. It was nice having Maclin and Matthews but now it's just Matthews. Cooper aint doing shit and only did one season out of his whole career, while Maclin has always produced as a Number 2 and showed up for us as a #1 last year.

BigAT

If the eagles fail to get McCourty and Mariota, how long with Chip continue to hold the GM title? Because right now it's been a disaster.

It's a disaster because they might not be able to get a top 3 free agent that numerous teams want and a top 5 draft pick while picking from the #20 spot?

Top Bottom