• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 2015 |OT2| Home of Baseball, Anime, Cricket, and Magic Johnson

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
I think he played elite last year. Do I think he is elite? No. Gonna need to see him repeat last year multiple years.

Do I think we should have paid him?Sure... I really wouldn't mind giving him 2 mil more to keep him (as apparently we offered 9 and he wanted 11) it will be hard to replace his production. It was nice having Maclin and Matthews but now it's just Matthews. Cooper aint doing shit and only did one season out of his whole career, while Maclin has always produced as a Number 2 and showed up for us as a #1 last year.

We were just arguing semantics i think. I liked Maclin and for a long time i was the guy telling people i thought he was a more well rounded WR than DeSean Jackson which is why i thought they worked so well together.

Id like to see the full picture before saying what is right or wrong. Im really interested to see what Jordan Matthews looks like on the outside as a starter. He's got the skills to do it. 6'3 212 running a 4.4 40 is no joke.

We were just arguing semantics i think. I liked Maclin and for a long time i was the guy telling people i thought he was a more well rounded WR than DeSean Jackson which is why i thought they worked so well together.

Id like to see the full picture before saying what is right or wrong. Im really interested to see what Jordan Matthews looks like on the outside as a starter. He's got the skills to do it. 6'3 212 running a 4.4 40 is no joke.

he will do well on the outside. He should have been on the outside last year with Huff in the slot.

I don't know why we are paying Cooper the money we are paying him.

JABEE

Chip losing Maclin is the first bad thing that has happened this offseason to the Eagles.

I wish we could have locked him up earlier. Eagles didn't want to give him $11m+

Maclin seems to have made the right choice for himself.

From Graziano:

@DanGrazianoESPN: Latest I'm hearing: Giants still talking to Brandon Graham, Dan Williams for DL. Running third behind Pats, Eagles on McCourty.

Hope the Giants turn their attention towards Ron Parker at Safety. Either he or a lower key player like Searcy from the Bills. Breaking the bank for McCourty was always a longshot.

Don't the Raiders have like $60 million in cap space? Do they plan on doing anything.

There are still some good FA's out there. Whether we get them or not is another question.

Reggie has outbid several teams for FA's but they choose to go elsewhere or stay put for less money.

JABEE

I don't believe that Cobb highest offer outside of Green Bay was cancelled out by state taxes.

Unless Andy just really wanted Maclin over anything else.

andthebeatgoeson

It's a disaster because they might not be able to get a top 3 free agent that numerous teams want and a top 5 draft pick while picking from the #20 spot?
It's a failure because they keep losing our top talent. Maybe Maclin wanted out and you can argue shady because of the cap hit but all three, in a short period of time, with no major off or on the field issues, is because of chip.

I don't see how you recover from that. They all are proven talent in a league where proven talent is hard to come by.

minx

Is there anything worse than being a Raiders fan? Only washed up player will sign there for a high pay day. So much more to spend and no one wants to go there.

Also praying that the Bears can trick the Texans or Titans into Cutler for a 7th rounder. Fuck it make it a conditional 7th rounder.

eznark

Banned
It's a failure because they keep losing our top talent. Maybe Maclin wanted out and you can argue shady because of the cap hit but all three, in a short period of time, with no major off or on the field issues, is because of chip.

I don't see how you recover from that. They all are proven talent in a league where proven talent is hard to come by.

It's not hard to find receivers or running backs

Is there anything worse than being a Raiders fan? Only washed up player will sign there for a high pay day. So much more to spend and no one wants to go there.

Also praying that the Bears can trick the Texans or Titans into Cutler for a 7th rounder. Fuck it make it a conditional 7th rounder.

Not much worse than being a Bears fan I reckon.

Just my last point on Maclin....cause Im missing him already...

In comparison to Cobb

Maclin played well with a multitude of QBs....Kevin Kolb, Mike Vick, Mike Kafka, Vince Young, Nick foles, and Mark fuckin Sanchez...

Cobb had Aaron Fuckin Rodgers...just sayin

Pepiope

Offered Maclin 9M+ and he didn't want it.

Chip likes his WRs a bit bigger anyway. Reportedly looking at Crabtree now. He could do well here having an actual QB throwing him the football. I'm not extremely upset, but I would've preferred Mac.

The one time Andy Reid pays for a WR in FA, smh.
Just my last point on Maclin....cause Im missing him already...

In comparison to Cobb

Maclin played well with a multitude of QBs....Kevin Kolb, Mike Vick, Mike Kafka, Vince Young, Nick foles, and Mark fuckin Sanchez...

Cobb had Aaron Fuckin Rodgers...just sayin
He wasn't worth the money he wanted. He's an injury concern and is older than Cobb. No way he deserves the same payday. Do we know how much KC threw his way?

Chip likes his WRs a bit bigger anyway. Reportedly looking at Crabtree now. He could do well here having an actual QB throwing him the football. I'm not extremely upset, but I would've preferred Mac.

Ugh....no to Crabtree...

Maclin was made of glass. Last year he stayed healthy. He wasn't worth the money he wanted. Do we know how much KC threw his way?

11m from the latest report...only 2 mil more than what we offered. worth it imo. Maclin isn't more injury prone than most of the top receivers out there.

JABEE

The Eagles didn't screw up in picking Jordan Matthews last season. He has big potential. I wonder if he's going to move to the outside with Maclin gone.

Another strong WR draft coming up.

The Eagles didn't screw up in picking Jordan Matthews last season. He has big potential. I wonder if he's going to move to the outside with Maclin gone.

We're definitely going to see what Chip's offense is truly made of.

I mean, that will most likely happen. I recall Chip always stating Matthews could become a #1.

with that said....either we are getting mariota or we can look towards the "strong WR" ....but we can't really get both in the draft.

I gotta agree. It's one thing to can your best receiver, but doing it for the second year in a row and doing the same to your best runner at the same time?

The first thing cost them the playoffs. These two recent developments will probably cost them the playoffs. And I don't care how much people like Chip Kelly here in the forum or here in the state: he doesn't make it this year, and he very likely has one more chance before being canned himself and probably going back to college when it happens.

At this point, I doubt he pulls it off.

JABEE

The Eagles also have to hope Ertz can step up. I hope they start getting him the ball more.

He didn't get a lot of targets until the end of the season.

Matthews #1, Huff #2 and Cooper in slot. Cooper has the build for slot, even though he sucks. I think Huff has the speed to be a #2.

signing a bunch of washed up vets. just wait, it will come.

Has it been rumored that they've made offers to at least some of the people who already signed? That'd be less shameful than just standing there with all this money waiting until every noteworthy good name's been snatched up to move...again.

Pepiope

Jeremy Maclin, like Jackson and McCoy, put up career years while in Chip Kelly's offense. I think we can let Chip see this offense through before making any conclusions. The one thing that is getting fixed is the defense, which is way more important IMO.

Top Bottom