• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 2015 |OT2| Home of Baseball, Anime, Cricket, and Magic Johnson

JaMarco

Percy would be cool, but do they really have the money to get him? They got a lot more important needs than a crazy slot WR.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
ewww percy. another injury prone diva. 1 year prove it and drop his ass the second he makes noise. otherwise cut da to sign him.

Colasante

Percy would be cool, but do they really have the money to get him? They got a lot more important needs than a crazy slot WR.

I'd think that his unsuccessful stints in Seattle and New York cooled his market value. He was never the $10M APY receiver the Seahawks thought he was. If his value comes down to $5-6M, and the Patriots can use Amendola's cap space for him, I think they'd do it. Belichick has always had a strange obsession with Harvin.

Godslay

Banned
Oh yeah, wasn't he the highest rated corner in that pro football rating thing? Yeah he was crazy good this past year. Our shit D don't deserve Mr. Davis. At least Harris has talent around him :'(

Yeah. He also didn't give up a TD all year iirc.

True Harris had talent around him, but guy can play in the slot, on either side, and is a good tackler/blitzer. He's basically the second coming of Champ, just not as proven yet.

Hopefully he can string together a career like Champ and stay healthy.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
i hate herny so much :(. he was so Damn eexciting to watch, but he was always injured, and as it turns out a complete psychopath.

Question for you all.

When I played little league, the coaches had a big bag of communal helmets and bats. No one had their own stuff until we got older.

My daughter just started softball and we had to buy all that shit. Coaches are given nothing.

Did something change or is this a California thing?

jbug617

Banned
Is this Gata's doing?

squcZlq.jpg

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
percy was a monster when healthy, which was almost never. he led the league in yards after contact/broken tackles and was a beast returner, plus could play out of the backfield. if bb had an obsession with him, it was 1.because again he has a massive boner for versatility and 2. he was legit.

cdyhybrid

percy was a monster when healthy, which was almost never. he led the league in yards after contact/broken tackles and was a beast returner, plus could play out of the backfield. if bb had an obsession with him, it was 1.because again he has a massive boner for versatility and 2. he was legit.
3. He was also a cheater.

Godslay

Banned
Question for you all.

When I played little league, the coaches had a big bag of communal helmets and bats. No one had their own stuff until we got older.

My daughter just started softball and we had to buy all that shit. Coaches are given nothing.

You have to buy everything as far as I've experienced. Just be grateful your kids don't play hockey.

jbug617

Banned
Question for you all.

When I played only thing you was responsible for was a cup and glove.

jbug617

Banned
Belichick and Harvin thing came from when Brad Childress was the head coach of the Vikings. He bragged about stealing Harvin from Belichick (the Pats had the next pick in which the Pats ended up trading back).

zychi

Banned
Question for you all.

rich neighborhood? travel team?

if either is a yes, thats why.

rich neighborhood? travel team?

if either is a yes, thats why.

I don't think it's a rich neighborhood, but it ain't shitty. Definitely just rec, though.

I just dropped like 500+ on jerseys, warm ups, backpack and fees for her damn club soccer team. Shit is crazy for 7 year olds.

So I guess NFL thread after dark is a thing now huh?

I was trying to remember who I had discussed Grigson with before to give my mea culpa. I gave him way too much a benefit of the doubt before. Bad talent evaluator, even worse with contracts.

To be fair you weren't the only one.

Colts problem is endemic and was impossible to fix with just a few drafts or FA periods. In fact were it not for the absolute shellacking by the Pats 2 years in a row everybody would probably still be kissing Grigson's ass.

JABEE

Question for you all.

When I played like 12-15 years ago, usually the coach would bring a bat and a helmet everyone could use. Sometimes people brought their own bat, but it wasnt a requirement. Coaches would usually have an extra glove laying around too.

My Dad gave cleats to one of the other kids on our team. It might depend on the coach and the parents. If your kid wants to practice outside of team organized stuff, it would probably be good to buy those things.

With T-Ball, I'm pretty sure the coaches just had a bag of helmets and bats for kids to use. No one cared. I don't think those were provided by the league though.

They might have provided a two bats, two helmets, and a box of balls.

JABEE

I don't think it's a rich neighborhood, but it ain't shitty. Definitely just rec, though.

I just dropped like 500+ on jerseys, warm ups, backpack and fees for her damn club soccer team. Shit is crazy for 7 year olds.
What?

They have warmups and backpacks at 7.

i played travel soccer for like a 10 years. The league provided a game ball, a stack of uniforms. (pants/jersey/socks)

The most expensive thing kids needed were a pair of practice shorts, shin-guards, some cleats, and a ball to use on your own!

I didn't get warmups until I was in highschool.

ampere

Question for you all.

Pretty sure bats were provided at least. It's been so long though, I'm sure my parents had to pay a fee or buy some stuff.

What?

They have warmups and backpacks at 7.

i played travel soccer for like a 10 years. The league provided a game ball, a stack of uniforms. (pants/jersey/socks)

The most expensive thing kids needed were a pair of practice shorts, shin-guards, some cleats, and a ball to use on your own!

I didn't get warmups until I was in highschool.

I was the exact same way. Played travel soccer for years, and all we got was a jersey and shorts. I keep telling my kid to be grateful she gets her name on her jersey, because I didn't even get that in High School.

She better get a damn scholarship in ten years.

Top Bottom