• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 2015 |OT2| Home of Baseball, Anime, Cricket, and Magic Johnson

Jarnet87

So the Broncos are focusing on defense again when its their offense that needs to get tougher if they want to take that next step. Can't wait to see it all implode when Pey Pey leaves.

ParityBit

Florio on WEEI this morning said Revis is between Jets and Pats.

Yeah, I think the Jets will offer more money, but the Pats will pay him as the highest paid CB. The question is if Revis is only for the money or wants a little less to win a lot more.

ampere

Yeah, I think the Jets will offer more money, but the Pats will pay him as the highest paid CB. The question is if Revis is only for the money or wants a little less to win a lot more.

He's always been about the money... but I do hope we figure out some deal he is OK with

Bowser

Dianna Marie Russini ‏@NBCdianna 5m5 minutes ago
QB Brian Hoyer is going to be a Houston Texan per sources.

Jason La Canfora ‏@JasonLaCanfora 5m5 minutes ago
Rodney Hudson is going to Oakland. $44.5M on a 5 year deal. Someone taking the Raiders' money.

squicken

Didn't see that Torrey Smith to SF was basically a done deal. This won't help Larry/Bay Area relations

e: HoHoyer!!!

Musical Chairs of Mediocre QBs

Arc

Brian Hoyer, Matt Cassel, and Josh McCown sweepstakes are over. Time for a desperate team to overpay Mallet!

effzee

Don't know what to make of the latest rumors.

If the Eagles / Chip can't swing a deal with TB or whoever or the price is way too high even for Chip...

Trading for Kaep makes sense. He might not be great but he fits Chip's system like a glove. And I honestly believe Chip could coach him up much like he has Foles and Sanchez.

Kaep, Sanchez, and maybe Petty in the 4-5th round?

The really ideal scenario here would be that we don't trade away the whole draft and where we lost out on McCourty and Maclin, we can replenish using the draft. At RB too.

Kaep to Buffalo would make so much sense too. Kaep, Watkins, McCoy and that great D.

Raiders:

Jason La Canfora ‏@JasonLaCanfora 8m8 minutes ago
Rodney Hudson is going to Oakland. $44.5M on a 5 year deal. Someone taking the Raiders' money.

Someone finally taking Oaklands money. Nice piece on the OL.

Also, Weatherspoon is signing with the Cardinals:

Rand Getlin ‏@Rand_Getlin 8h8 hours ago
Source: LB Sean Weatherspoon will sign a one-year deal with the #AZCardinals.

One year, 4 million is the money on that one.

Bowser

Brian Hoyer, Matt Cassel, and Josh McCown sweepstakes are over. Time for a desperate team to overpay Mallet!

Mallett sweeps over too:

Michael Silver ‏@MikeSilver 8h8 hours ago
I'm told the Texans are closing in on a deal to re-sign Ryan Mallett

HoHoyer Mallett 2 QB future

Godslay

Banned
So the Broncos are focusing on defense again when its their offense that needs to get tougher if they want to take that next step. Can't wait to see it all implode when Pey Pey leaves.

They'll get the offense patched up. They are also working on OL and TEs right now. They just couldn't pay Julius and Orlando top of the market rates.

As far as focusing on the defense only move made so far was to bring in Langford for a look.

Everyone knows when Peyton leaves we'll probably struggle until we find a QB, if Brock isn't good of course.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Welp, bye bye Franklin.

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter

When it gets done, Orlando Franklin's 5-year deal with Chargers expected to come in close to $36.5 million with $20M guaranteed, per sources

Bowser

Ted Ginn back to Carolina

The Carolina Panthers have found a speed receiver and proven returner – a two-for-the-price-of-one addition who is familiar with the organization.

Ted Ginn Jr., who played with the Panthers during their division-winning 2013 season, is in Charlotte and is expected to sign with the team on Monday, according to a league source.

The length of the contract and the terms of the deal are unknown, and attempts to reach Ginn and his representatives were unsuccessful.

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/sports/nfl/carolina-panthers/article13075748.html#storylink=cpy

Pernell McPhee to the Bears:

LB Pernell McPhee,has reportedly agreed to terms with the Bears on a five year deal. #NYG #GIants

It's a Giants twitter feed and some expected them to go after him hence the hashtags.

Kap won't be traded. Not sure why people are eating this rumor up

Your team literally just let the best coach they've had in decades go for basically no petty reason, and spent the whole year denying it'd happen.

Why should anyone believe they're totally not canning his QB who a lot of people have already lost faith in?

Bowser

San Fran surprise coming Monday

At a time when the 49ers are trying to shoot down rumors regarding a possible trade of quarterback Colin Kaepernick, the 49ers soon will have another significant issue to deal with.

Some very surprising news related to the 49ers is coming, likely later today, regarding a key player on the team who won’t be on the team in 2015. A formal announcement is expected on Tuesday.

That’s all we can say for now. But when it happens, you’ll be shocked — even though you’re now duly braced to be shocked.

Meanwhile, feel free to make a guess in the comments. Winner gets a free one-year subscription to PFT.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/03/09/san-fran-surprise-coming-monday/

This has to be about either Vernon Davis, NaVorro Bowman, or Patrick Willis, right?

JaMarco

Fucking Revis is going to make me nervous all day. Just sign here already you greedy bastard, you know you don't want to go to the damn Jets! Stop playing!

MRSA

Banned
YES! Hudson!!!

Raiders paid a center LT money. Woooooo!

At least they're spending money unlike last season. Now get Pot Roast and Mason Foster.

Bowser

Cary Williams update:

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 17s17 seconds ago
Cary Williams is visiting with the #Titans coaches as we speak, hoping to make a call between the #Jets, #Seahawks, & #Titans.

ParityBit

Fucking Revis is going to make me nervous all day. Just sign here already you greedy bastard, you know you don't want to go to the damn Jets! Stop playing!

I guess if anything, the tampering charges will be giving a much better draft pick if it happens. I hope it doesn't obviously!

BigAT

When was the last time a starting QB got traded lol.

Probably when the 49ers just did it to Alex Smith.

I know small hands had been usurped at that point, but he was the starter coming into the season and hadn't done much to deserve his demotion side from briefing being injured.

Top Bottom