• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 2015 |OT2| Home of Baseball, Anime, Cricket, and Magic Johnson

kmag

Some numbers on the McPhee deal:

Looks like the Giants are going to be missing out on quite a few players which is concerning as they desperately need one if not two safeties and there's very very little in the draft. At this point they basically need to get Moore or Searcy by hook or by crook, and then resign Rolle.

The Giants got decent cap space, especially if you take into account the $85 million free they've currently got for next year, but the current spending is crazy.

Too many historical cheap teams with changes in ownership (Bills), teams which have been down but have put pieces together via the draft to the point where they think they can push on with this FA class (Raiders, Dolphins, Jags) and the ongoing transformation at the Eagles. I don't know if the hard cap is causing this but it's a very interesting FA period.

effzee

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/03/09/san-fran-surprise-coming-monday/

This has to be about either Vernon Davis, NaVorro Bowman, or Patrick Willis, right?

Rebuild it is.

Lol Cards could have had McCoy and the division .

Cary Williams update:

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 17s17 seconds ago
Cary Williams is visiting with the #Titans coaches as we speak, hoping to make a call between the #Jets, #Seahawks, & #Titans.

Surprised he is getting so much interest. he was better than Fletcher but is always called for the dumbest penalties. I guess Seattle could turn him into a very serviceable corner. Same with Bowles with NYJ.

Draxal

Looks like the Giants are going to be missing out on quite a few players which is concerning as they desperately need one if not two safeties and there's very very little in the draft.

The Giants got decent cap space, especially if you take into account the $85 million free they've currently got for next year, but the current spending is crazy.

Too many historical cheap teams with changes in ownership (Bills), teams which have been down but have put pieces together via the draft to the point where they think they can push on with this FA class (Raiders, Dolphins, Jags) and the ongoing transformation at the Eagles.

They'll probably get one (Parker), 2007 we had pedestrian safeties, so if they resign one (Stevie Brown), they should have better safety depth than they did that year.

Micheal Johnson, James Butler in 2007-8. Grant/Rolle/Philips in 2011-12.

And two of those teams (Raiders/Jags) have to spend due to the floor. While the Dolphins are getting Tannenbaumed.

LevelNth

Banned
I love Willis and would be extremely upset if he was traded, but logically, it's the smart move. You don't wait til he has nothing left, you trade high. Willis is 30, been hurt every year the past 3, and we have Borland.

It's not a shocking move, but the news isn't going to shocking. It's Florio. He's an idiot.

eznark

Banned
Borland is an excellent tackler, he can't cover for shit. He's a huge liability in that dept.

Both Willis and Bowman are some of the best LB in the game, Borland isn't.

Guess you only watched the Denver game?

Borland was the best inside linebacker in football last year after that one bad start.

ACE 1991

Maclin is getting $11m per yr according to Schefter

*sigh* I understand that Maclin isn't worth $11 million, but with all the cap space that the Eagles currently have isn't it worth overpaying a WR when we aren't going to find a better or even equal replacement?

Bowser

If Maclin is getting $11m per, what's Torrey Smith getting? Has to be at least $9m per right? He's been similarly productive with less wear and tear/injury issues.

Pepiope

*sigh* I understand that Maclin isn't worth $11 million, but with all the cap space that the Eagles currently have isn't it worth overpaying a WR when we aren't going to find a better or even equal replacement?
Maybe we offered enough, but he just wanted to go home to Missouri. People dream of playing back home. Now he gets to do it with the coach who drafted him. Maybe it wasn't about money.

effzee

Why worry bro. We have Cooper! And Huff!

Ian Rapoport @RapSheet · 14s 14 seconds ago
The #Texans have agreed to terms with QB Ryan Mallett, source said. So it’ll be Hoyer & Mallett in Houston.

Congrats?

eznark

Banned
Maybe we offered enough, but he just wanted to go home to Missouri. People dream of playing back home. Now he gets to do it with the coach who drafted him. Maybe it wasn't about money.

He's also playing for a contender now. Can't overstate that.

Bowser

Ginn is Schefter official:

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 2m2 minutes ago
Former Cardinals, Panthers and 49ers WR Ted Ginn has reached agreement again with the Carolina Panthers as @josephperson reported.

BigAT

Are the Texans going to sign Curtis Painter so they can mark the final spot on their Backup Quarterback Bingo card?

What the hell are they doing?

Ian Rapoport @RapSheet · 14s 14 seconds ago
The #Texans have agreed to terms with QB Ryan Mallett, source said. So it’ll be Hoyer & Mallett in Houston.

Congrats?

Pats South

Fuck Florio and his "I know something you don't know" routine. If you have information, report on it or keep quiet.

Awful Announcing @awfulannouncing · 4m 4 minutes ago
Secretly hoping Schefter or Glazer scoops Florio on his own 49ers scoop.

MRSA

Banned
Man so PS4 trade in value is $345 and I have TLoU (Which I haven't finished) which has a trade in value of $30 at Gamestop. Gamestop has a Destiny bundle for $410 which includes TLoU digital or I can go the Amazon route which gives you TLoU, Killzone, and Infamous for $400.

Bowser

Per LaCanfora:

Texans deal with Brian Hoyer could be worth twice of Mallett's. 3 other teams interested in Hoyer as well. nothing final yet with his future

So Hoyer is brought in to start right?

Borland is a young stud, but seriously, trading willis would drive me crazy. When he finally got his surgery and will be back at 100%? That would be even worse then letting harbaugh go

methodman

Banned
Rand Getlin ‏@Rand_Getlin 1m1 minute ago
Source: the #49ers are bracing themselves for the loss of LB Patrick Willis. Expecting him to retire.

Oh god. Please be false. :( I <3 you pwillie

Top Bottom