• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 2015 |OT2| Home of Baseball, Anime, Cricket, and Magic Johnson

Not really. Better team, better prepared, better coached team forced them to play poorly. Ravens win by 40 if the lights don't go out.

Enjoy overpaying Torrey Smith and sucking for the next decade.

If the 49ers suck it will be because of shitty coaches and Kapernick not improving enough, not because we pay torrey smith too much

LevelNth

Banned
Culliver and Iupati going to get paid tomorrow. A couple more 3rd or 4th round picks for the Niners in 2016. Even Gore is going to net us a 5th or 6th.

So good.

linkboy

Not really. Better team, better prepared, better coached team forced them to play poorly. Ravens win by 40 if the lights don't go out.

Enjoy overpaying Torrey Smith and sucking for the next decade.

So the lights going out are the only reason why the 49ers crawled back into that game.

That really doesn't speak all that well about your coaching staff if that's the case.

The Ravens were the better team that day, not going to deny that.

On that note, it's an entirely different game if both Justin and Aldon Smith were healthy.

A source tells NJ.com the Rams, Titans and Texans showed interest in trading for Nick Foles during the Senior Bowl in January.

The obvious aside, it's also looking like Bradford isn't a Ram come or on draft day

Bowser

Source: The NFL sent a letter to all 32 teams stating their displeasure w/ the release of contract terms prior to the start of free agency.

Lol ok

HawkeyeIC

Justin Smith gone too:

The next two dominoes to fall will be linebacker Patrick Willis and defensive lineman Justin Smith.

Willis is the surprise that was referred to earlier today, and it’s a major one. Matt Maiocco of CSNBayArea.com reports Willis is strongly considering retirement. As PFT hears it, it’s a done deal, with the formal announcement coming Tuesday.

Per multiple league sources, Smith also is done — although that’s not a surprise. The 14-year veteran joined the 49ers as a free agent in 2008, and he had been in many respects the cornerstone of the defense.

Willis, a first-round pick in 2008 who turned 30 in January, is under contract through 2016. Smith is under contract through 2015. Their retirements could result in the partial repayment of bonus money they both previously received; whether that issue will be pursued will be up the to 49ers.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/03/09/patrick-willis-justin-smith-retiring-from-49ers/

Fox318

Rex got himself fired because he can't run an offense

Rex didn't get fired really. Owner and fans wanted to keep him but Idzik was such a waste of human flesh that they needed a new GM. Owner could have kept Rex around to see of the GM wanted to keep hi but he released him so he could look for other jobs.

I don't think Woody expected the Bill to hire him. That's why they overpaid David Harris. Woody doesn't want to look like an idiot who uses his sports team to fund his unelectable political candidates.

That's why they signed Tebow and traded up to get a hotshot QB out of USC.

Woody wants to be a Republican Rooney.

Fox318

image.php

MechDX

We got mallet for $1.75 million??

Respect Rick Smiths gangsta!!

Ryan Mallett's deal with the #Texans is a 2 year deal worth $7 million. Expecting Hoyer's to be bigger.

Mallett has a guarantee of $1.75 million in the first year. No guarantee in the 2nd. A prove it deal. And if he does, he'll cash in. #Texans

It keeps getting better!

Albert Breer ‏@AlbertBreer · 4m4 minutes ago
Jets showed interest in Brian Hoyer, but I'm told they're higher on Ryan Fitzpatrick. Reasons: fit with Geno, cheaper, history with Gailey.

Sephzilla

Just chiming in from the weekend to say #GoPackGo. It's nice to see a wide receiver make a smart decision. I like to pretend it went down like this.

Ted: "Send Cobb an email with the stat lines for Greg Jennings and James Jones from last year"
Secretary: "Done"
*3 minutes later*
Secretary: "Cobb's agent is on line 2"
Ted: "Send him through"

Damn the 9ers are falling apart, Ego of Jed York reason why they about to be bottom feeders in their division for a long time, you had a great HC and you let you ego get in the way, enjoy that basement 49ers fans..

MRSA

Banned
Eh I heard Destiny wasn't great.

You Pats fans are dumb, my PS4 is sounding like a jet so I can trade it in for a new one for $50. Get a new controller (mine is trashed) and another year of warranty.

EDIT: Also Destiny is retail copy so I can sell that to Gamestop for $20, how can I pass up on this deal?!

That's the sound of the short lived Niner lifelong bandwagon crashing and burning. A lot of pink Kaepernick jerseys are being buried deep in the back of closets today, never to be worn again.

Always better to go out on your own terms than be forced out because you couldn't play anymore.

Especially in football, when "couldn't play anymore" could mean debilitating life-changing injury.

Willis made his money, had his success, good on him for getting out with his health too.

@NBCdianna · 20m 20 minutes ago Apparently Johnson has no trade partners, so I’m told he is getting released. #Texans

Nobody is paying for what you could possibly get for free

eznark

Banned
Turned down more from the Jets. Wanted to be here.

I don't blame him. The more opportunities he gets to start the sooner his career will be over. If he is smart he'll tank pre-season and clutch that clipboard for as long as he possibly can.

Wilfork def seemed like he was saying goodbye... but if he is willing to take less $$ or spread it out differently maybe. I hope our defense stays pretty intact

If he plans on continuing to play in the NFL he has to be willing to take less money. No one's going to pay him the $8,000,000 he was due this year.

HawkeyeIC

Willis retiring is a shock, but I don't think anything else that's happened to the 49ers this offseason has been that suprising:

-49ers weren't going to overpay for Gore
-Justin Smith was probably going to retire either way
-Losing Willis sucks, but he probably wasn't going to be on the team in 2016 without a paycut
-Culliver/Crab/Iupati going elsewhere in free agency

Resign Cox and have a good draft and they'll be about where I expected. I wasn't expecting the supposed Smith signing at WR, so hopefully that gives them some flexibility with their first round draft pick.

effzee

@NBCdianna · 20m 20 minutes ago Apparently Johnson has no trade partners, so I’m told he is getting released. #Texans

Nobody is paying for what you could possibly get for free

Didn't think Eagles would be interested before but could be now that they lost Maclin.

Or then again if we aren't trading everything for Mariota, they might draft a WR early.

SF moving Kaep more likely with all these retirements and cuts or less likely? And what would a team have to give up to get him?

If Eagles can pull another 1 for 1 deal that would be amazing.

Already knew justin smith was likely gone. I find the hyperbole from clueless fans funny. Oh no frank gore and his 4.1 ypc are gone! Dang pwill is gone, what will we do without him we only finished top 5 last year with him missing the majority of the season!

Justin smith wasn't as effective last year and you can tell he's just worn down. None of the above means I think we will be a powerhouse but those guys leaving doesn't change much

MechDX

You fucks can all suck my BOB! We got the QB we wanted for $1.75 million!! How much did the Browns pay for McCown? lol

We resigned Kareem Jackson, Derek newton and got our QB and we STILL have money left! Fuck you Kubiak! It was always you!

Top Bottom