• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 2015 |OT2| Home of Baseball, Anime, Cricket, and Magic Johnson

sqwarlock

Ugh, it sucks seeing your favorite players move on or retire. Watching Montana and Rice move to other teams was tough. When Young retired I was crushed. Now losing Gore, Willis, and Smith in one week? I mean, I know they were near the end and not as productive as they used to be, but that's a lot of leadership and wisdom we lost.

ParityBit

Lions begging Suh to stay lmao
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/03/08/report-lions-hope-suh-comes-to-his-senses/

This is just pathetic. "Bubububu don't you want to play for Coach Caldwell"
mY0Tv3r.gif

No State Taxes in Florida, and that is 8 games a year.

kmag

They going to fine every team?

Not every team, there's quite a few who've stayed out of the merrygoround

Not really sure what the NFL can do, a lot of this smacks of agents agreeing in principle without actually signing anything (because they can't) and then announcing the number and dangling a lureout there to see if they get a better bite.

I wouldn't be surprised if a couple of the players who have deals done in principle end up elsewhere.

B. Graham playing in a 4-3 system instead of out of position in a 3-4 would be great. And with Suh and Wake on that line? Shit that might be the best line in football.

I guess Eagles aren't even interested in bringing him back.
I think the Giants get their man with Graham. I could be wrong but I think its likely (same with one of Rahim Moore or Ron Parker). They are trying to rebuild their pass rush for Spags. JPP is franchised and will likely be extended soon. Big Hank was a beast last season. They need anothe DT (Dan Williams is big time on their radar) and a starter across from him. Graham will have an opportunity to start if he comes to the Giants and they seem highly motivated to get him.

I have no interest in overpaying for him but I agree - reverting to his natural 4-3 end position and actually being put on the field will finally give an opportunity to see if it he can settle into a starting role. Injuries and poor utilization in Philly slowed his career down.

chualie

Why would Willis retire? He's 30 but he still plays at a high level. More than half of the NFL would want him as their MLB.

Am I missing something?

LJ11

Again, I like McPhee, he's not a game changer, but he's a versatile player. Can play him outside a bit, roll him inside as a 3 tech. He was affordable too, for the money, excellent signing imo.

I'm not worried about the Niners on D, CB an issue however. Lynch and Smith bookends, and they'll mix in Tank more and more, maybe he ends up at Smith's old spot, not sure how he'll take on doubles, but Smith and Tank on stunts, oh my.

Godslay

Banned
Would be nice if Denver signed someone that could be considered an upgrade...

Most of the big money signings went out last year. Bargain shopping this year. If we trusted Elway when he was signing big names we have to now trust him when he's not. Plus going back to ZBS and Kubes, they'll find good Olinemen in the draft and much more cheaply then what we would have had to pay in FA.

One person I am going to be disappointed if they lose is Virgil Green. I have high hopes for him, but we might be priced out.

I wonder if there's something about Willis' injury we don't know about, maybe he's threatening losing his ability to walk or move properly after retirement if he continues to play?

kmag

Why would Willis retire? He's 30 but he still plays at a high level. More than half of the NFL would want him as their MLB.

Am I missing something?

He's had numerous injuries and he's banked at least $40 million in salary alone. Supposedly he's relatively frugal outside of the big house. Sometimes it's not about the money it's about being able to walk away on your own terms and live the rest life with your health enjoying your wealth. Although he's only 30, he's been in the league for 8 years.

Ugh, it sucks seeing your favorite players move on or retire. Watching Montana and Rice move to other teams was tough. When Young retired I was crushed. Now losing Gore, Willis, and Smith in one week? I mean, I know they were near the end and not as productive as they used to be, but that's a lot of leadership and wisdom we lost.

Yep. I watched the Dolphins push out my 3 favorite players of all time. Forced Marino out when he still wanted to play. Pushed Taylor and Thomas out because they were "too old" (which they were but they were better than anyone who replaced them).

Do I hate myself because I'm a Dolphins fan

or am I a Dolphins fan because I hate myself

The Dolphins fan credo pic posted a few pages back is 100% accurate. I'm thinking of printing it as a banner and hanging it on my wall.

LJ11

49ers now have 3 of 11 defensive starters from their SB team remaining.

And yet, they're younger at S, and better too most likely. Found another stud MLB in the 3rd, took a capable pass rusher in Lynch, Tank is still on the team and he may develop. Yeah, they lost starters, but still have quality on the roster/team.

I need a Malcolm Butler jersey :)

I'll buy you one when you come visit me

Yep. I watched the Dolphins push out my 3 favorite players of all time. Forced Marino out when he still wanted to play. Pushed Taylor and Thomas out because they were "too old" (which they were but they were better than anyone who replaced them).

Do I hate myself because I'm a Dolphins fan

or am I a Dolphins fan because I hate myself

The Dolphins fan credo pic posted a few pages back is 100% accurate. I'm thinking of printing it as a banner and hanging it on my wall.

Hang it with pride friend, :(

Draxal

I think the Giants get their man with Graham. I could be wrong but I think its likely (same with one of Rahim Moore or Ron Parker). They are trying to rebuild their pass rush for Spags. JPP is franchised and will likely be extended soon. Big Hank was a beast last season. They need anothe DT (Dan Williams is big time on their radar) and a starter across from him. Graham will have an opportunity to start if he comes to the Giants and they seem highly motivated to get him.

I have no interest in overpaying for him but I agree - reverting to his natural 4-3 end position and actually being put on the field will finally give an opportunity to see if it he can settle into a starting role. Injuries and poor utilization in Philly slowed his career down.

Dan Williams and Parker would be great. LaCanfora ( I know) had us going hard after Parker.

Fjordson

Does Willis still have his house in Almaden? My brother's friend lives in his neighborhood, I'll go up to Patrick's front gate and hold up a sign begging him to stay. Surely that'll work.

I wonder if there's something about Willis' injury we don't know about, maybe he's threatening losing his ability to walk or move properly after retirement if he continues to play?
That's what I was wondering when I heard it on the radio. Seems like he could still be a great player when healthy, but I dunno. Maybe just doesn't love the game anymore.

Since Bead lives in Florida. Is he a Jags, Bucs, or Dolphins fan?

He's a dolphins fan, that's why we have such a love/hate relationship. He tries to fight it but I know he is.

A secret wrasslin fan?

I'd pay good money to see brady in the ring get destroyed

In FA News: Dolphins might release Brandon Fields....the best player on the team :( and it seems we are keeping Wallace at least for another year which I think is the right thing to do.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Ex-Lion Lawrence Jackson is going in HARD on Detroit Lions and their players on Twitter right now:

@LoJackson94 said:
I think Stafford has potential. I saw him work in practice for 3 years. I did not see the work ethic that other great QB's put in.

The reality is he has the talent to be a great QB but hasn't put the mental work it or made the technical improvements needed to be great

I'm not a Stafford hater, I'm a realist. I've seen the inaccuracy and lack of touch when it matters in person with my blood on the line cont

“@howrhee: @LoJackson94 was stafford as coddled & given preferntial/star treatment by schwartz, as some have suggested”YES never criticized

For everyone touting Staffords comeback wins 1 of 17 came against a team with a winning record, Sea 2012 (11-2) 3 or 4 8-8 teams. Rest suck.
But the reality is the lions are taking yall money and fanmanship for granted. See beyond the fog and see what's really there.

Spitting fire.

chualie

People are saying he found religion.

Oh...

Because it's better than being stuck with the Niners during this rebuild.

He could always play for a different team.

He's had numerous injuries and he's banked at least $40 million in salary alone. Supposedly he's relatively frugal outside of the big house. Sometimes it's not about the money it's about being able to walk away on your own terms and live the rest life with your health enjoying your wealth. Although he's only 30, he's been in the league for 8 years.

Hmm. I would think he would want to solidify his legacy with a few more years of high level play.

Not sure what the Eagles do now that they lost Mccourty and Maclin. I was hoping we would secure one of them at least.

Don't feel too secure with Maxwell. Wonder how he plays without Earl Thomas and Cam behind him.

jakncoke

Banned
edit: misread the quote

in kas words "who is he to belittle that great 27 year old qb with 20k yards and multiple playoff appearances"

effzee

Man crazy that these guys were back to back o
picks.

I think Graham can still be a stud DE. He played only 30% of the snaps last year, out of position, and still put up great numbers.

Am I missing something?

Would you want to spend the next 2 years of your life taking orders from the guy who is like a real life Chris Farley SNL character?

effzee

Not sure what the Eagles do now that they lost Mccourty and Maclin. I was hoping we would secure one of them at least.

Don't feel too secure with Maxwell. Wonder how he plays without Earl Thomas and Cam behind him.

Yeah not as enthused with Maxwell since we still have such a glaring hole at safety.

Top Bottom