• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 2015 |OT2| Home of Baseball, Anime, Cricket, and Magic Johnson

Purdy

Already knew justin smith was likely gone. I find the hyperbole from clueless fans funny. Oh no frank gore and his 4.1 ypc are gone! Dang pwill is gone, what will we do without him we only finished top 5 last year with him missing the majority of the season!

Justin smith wasn't as effective last year and you can tell he's just worn down. None of the above means I think we will be a powerhouse but those guys leaving doesn't change much

Losing the majority of the fan favourites in one off season along with the NFL's most winningest coach is brutal, doesn't matter if they are top of their game or we have theoretical replacements/do okay without, shit fucking sucks, losing Jim is still the worst though. It's only football but I wouldn't mind Jed having a horrific accident

eznark

Banned
Already knew justin smith was likely gone. I find the hyperbole from clueless fans funny. Oh no frank gore and his 4.1 ypc are gone! Dang pwill is gone, what will we do without him we only finished top 5 last year with him missing the majority of the season!

Justin smith wasn't as effective last year and you can tell he's just worn down. None of the above means I think we will be a powerhouse but those guys leaving doesn't change much

Has the PSL revolt started yet?

TraBuch

Banned
Speaking of Frank Gore, did anyone know that he's only one of three players to go eight straight seasons with 200+ carries with a YPC over 4?

Not that it means anything. Just thought it was a pretty cool stat showing his consistency.

MRSA

Banned
So Raiders O-Line currently is going to be:

LT: Donald Penn
LG: Gabe Jackson
C: Rodney Hudson
RG: Khalif Barnes?
RT: Austin Howard

Menelik Watson will have to beat out Howard otherwise he'll be a swing tackle, hopefully he can develop into a LT because he's an athletic fuck for only having maybe 4-5 years of football experience. Kevin Boothe will back up C and either guard positions. I'm assuming they'll keep Lamar Mady and Matt McCants, Tony Bergstrom gets the boot for a FA signing or draftee. Well the same can go for either Mady or McCants.

Colasante

jed-york.jpg

Is this man the devil incarnate? How did the 49ers implode so rapidly? I don't even understand.

HawkeyeIC

Losing Willis and Smith will clear up $7,424,500 and $4.250,000 in cap room this year. Spend well Baalke. Now to cut Brooks and get Stevie Johnson to restructure.

Colasante

The Texans signed both Ryan Mallett and Brian Hoyer? The dream of Pats South is still alive. Now they just need Wilfork and it'll be time for them to fulfill their destiny of crushing the Colts.

After seeing Jeremy Parnell get five years, $32 million to start in Jacksonville, I don't feel so bad about Marcus Cannon's 2 years, $9 million to be the swing tackle in New England. Cannon would've gotten paid if he hit the open market.

Bowser

NFL: "League office is beginning investigations into a number of reported agreements with clubs. Violations will be dealt with accordingly.”

Why isn't the draft before FA?

Current set up makes no sense
I would imagine most GM's would heavily disagree. FA gives them an opportunity to target specific free agents to plug holes at certain positions they wouldn't normally prioritize in the draft. Hence allowing them to maximize their round 1/2 draft picks according to what positions they value the most. If you switch that around, you're likely to see teams reach for certain positions they wouldn't normally place high value on to plug those holes.

Money is money. Draft picks aren't quite as disposable.

Nori Chan

Welp, bye bye Franklin.
Telesco putting in work ;_;

Jacoby Jones leading our special teams, Orlando bulking up protection for Rivars and Flowers returning oh god I can't believe I'm actually looking forward to the season now.

let us get all day now and I'll just die happy

eznark

Banned
I would imagine most GM's would heavily disagree. FA gives them an opportunity to target specific free agents to plug holes at certain positions they wouldn't normally prioritize in the draft. Hence allowing them to maximize their round 1/2 draft picks according to what positions they value the most. If you switch that around, you're likely to see teams reach for certain positions they wouldn't normally place high value on.

Money is money. Draft picks aren't quite as disposable.

NFLPA would also highly oppose it

Why isn't the draft before FA?

Current set up makes no sense

I think it's better as opposed to how the NBA does it where the draft is first and then free agency. The draft is such a crapshoot, you never really know what you get and at least in free agency, you have a semblance of an idea. I think

BigAT

If they didn't want this then they should just eliminate the legal tampering period.

Teams were already tampering before free agency started anyway, they just wanted to make it semi-legal now.

It's the NFL's own fault for never enforcing the old tampering rules in the least. The Redskins signed Albert Haynesworth to a $100 million deal at 12:01 AM the first day free agency opened. Are we supposed to believe that Redskins and Haynesworth had never spoken, then negotiated, crafted and agreed to a 9-figure, complex legal document in the span of 60 seconds?

It is a joke and the NFL shouldn't be mad that teams continue to treat it as a joke when they allowed the farce to continue untouched for years.

rando14

@SethWickersham: Gore was Scot McCloughan's proudest pick, Willis his greatest, Justin Smith his best FA signing. All gone, in 12 hours.

If McCloughan won't be on our club, I am so glad he's out of the division.

So long as he stays sober

kaiju

P-Willy retiring is surprising, but I knew something was up when he posted this after his injury last season:

B_qnhH0U8AAr30k.png

His tweets have become more and more religious ever since.

effzee

B. Graham playing in a 4-3 system instead of out of position in a 3-4 would be great. And with Suh and Wake on that line? Shit that might be the best line in football.

I guess Eagles aren't even interested in bringing him back.

So now it's either Kaep or Mariota. Excited for either or.

Top Bottom