• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 2015 |OT2| Home of Baseball, Anime, Cricket, and Magic Johnson

eznark

Banned
Nice to see the Texans gearing up to waste another year of JJ's prime. Although to be fair, I'm not sure what other options they have right now.

Sad-thomas-588x256.jpg

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Lets bring back Kubiak.

Oh and Keenum is not better than Savage. keenum is a great guy but he just is not an NFL QB.

Explain to me how Savage is better... cause he was drafted by BOB, cause he's taller, give me a legit reason... cause he looks like Nicolas Cage? The little he played, he looked like crap. Case actually finally won a couple of games at the end with a real/better team around him and a better coach.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Nice to see the Texans gearing up to waste another year of JJ's prime. Although to be fair, I'm not sure what other options they have right now.

They did it to AJ, it's only fitting to do it to Watt.

Though in defense of the Texans... no one could have predicted Schoob going full blown tard and losing every single ounce of talent he had.

MechDX

Suh is making more than Watt. Let that sink in.

And this standard bullshit of "wasting a players prime" is trollish nonsense. At any time these players do NOT have to sign a new contract. They can wait until they become free agents and leave. Dre had this option as well but didn't. I have zero pity for them

Explain to me how Savage is better... cause he was drafted by BOB, cause he's taller, give me a legit reason... cause he looks like Nicolas Cage? The little he played, he looked like crap. Case actually finally won a couple of games at the end with a real/better team around him and a better coach.

O'Brien catered the offense for Case those final two games. basically turning the offense into a quick one read system that is not sustainable in the NFL. He can not read a defense or see a blitz for crap.

Savage was rushed into play when Fitz got injured with no prep time. He showed some good touch in that small window on some of those deep balls unlike case who eyes receivers and leads them straight into waiting defensive backs, Yes he has a better arm than Case as well as all the physical tools needed.

Bowser

It's all about leverage. Suh has (had) it, Watt didn't. You're only worth what other teams are willing to pay you. If Watt could have reached the market, he would have gotten a much bigger deal than the one he signed.

Cybit

FGC Waterboy

And this standard bullshit of "wasting a players prime" is trollish nonsense. At any time these players do NOT have to sign a new contract. They can wait until they become free agents and leave. Dre had this option as well but didn't. I have zero pity for them.

Problem is that Watt was stuck for two more years minimum at a low salary (Texans could use his 5th year player option, and then franchise tag him. Would have made 20 million total for those two years). Suh came out before the new CBA hosed most of the 1st round draft picks.

MechDX

It's dumb. Your point?

You want to talk about gearing up what the hell are the Dolphins gearing up for? to hand the division over to the Patriots again? because going out and overpaying for players has a long and storied history of working so god damned well. If you want to be a dumbfuck and throw stones prepare for the obvious retaliations.

Blah, blah blah you guys signed Ryan Mallett! lol omg WTF he is terrible! Yeah because there are soooooo many fucking franchise QB's out there waiting to be signed. Don't bring up Bridgewater or Carr, they both had decent FIRST years but nothing has been proven about them at this point other than they had decent first years.

"You're wasting a player in their prime". yeah because building a winning team, culture and history is a one year turn around max. Shit is a process but obviously some of you are completely fucking oblivious to the truth. Never mind that said player may just be a building block, cornerstone to what you are building. As much shit as the dumbasses on this forum give the Patriots they did it the right way. The same way the Seahawks are now doing it. forgive me for being a tad bit excited because the team I follow is finally showing signs of "getting it" while teams like the Dolphins want to swing big and constantly miss.

You want to talk about gearing up what the hell are the Dolphins gearing up for? to hand the division over to the Patriots again? because going out and overpaying for players has a long and storied history of working so god damned well. If you want to be a dumbfuck and throw stones prepare for the obvious retaliations.

Blah, blah blah you guys signed Ryan Mallett! lol omg WTF he is terrible! Yeah because there are soooooo many fucking franchise QB's out there waiting to be signed. Don't bring up Bridgewater or Carr, they both had decent FIRST years but nothing has been proven about them at this point other than they had decent first years.
What am I, Stephen Ross' fucking grandson or something? Why do I have to stand up for his crazy ass decisions? Dolphins are run by an idiot, I'm pretty sure I've made that clear at this point. Doesn't change the fact that the Texans are also incompetent and are wasting the talent of a once in a generation player.

My mistake, I thought this was a discussion board. I raised a point about a team and you deflected with a completely irrelevant counter-point. What do you want from me?

Am I the only one that thinks Matt Moore would be a solid pick up as a bridge for QB needy teams? I know he's not a FA yet but I really doubt Miami is going to pick him up again. Why not wait an extra day or so instead of picking up trash

Sanjuro

Am I the only one that thinks Matt Moore would be a solid pick up as a bridge for QB needy teams? I know he's not a FA yet but I really doubt Miami is going to pick him up again. Why not wait an extra day or so instead of picking up trash

No. A lot of people for some reason like to believe Moore is a viable option as a starting quarterback in the NFL. Maybe they like his name.

I personally like Matt Moore , way back when we signed Campbell I actually wanted Moore until he resigned with the Phins. I just wanted him as a bridge guy though

MRSA

Banned
Man that new 12" Macbook sure is sexy, I dunno if I can deal with only 1 port and multiple adapters, seems like something Nintendo would do.

The Dolphins are wasting talent

The Texans are wasting talent

The Browns, Lions, 49ers, Jags, Raiders, and basically every team that hasn't won it all in the past 5 years are wasting talent. And the teams that won it all in the past 5 years? They were wasting talent before.

Facts shouldn't be controversial.

edit: Another fact: I'm excited as hell for HBO Now

No. A lot of people for some reason like to believe Moore is a viable option as a starting quarterback in the NFL. Maybe they like his name.

He's better then whatever the Texans, Bills or Jets have at QB. (I'm sure I'm forgetting other teams) He's not a long term answer by any means I just think he's the best of the back ups I guess.

I personally like Matt Moore , way back when we signed Campbell I actually wanted Moore until he resigned with the Phins. I just wanted him as a bridge guy though

That's the best he could be, wouldn't take a team to the playoffs.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
nfl_e_billboard01jr_576x324.jpg

So petty but it's Detroit. It's a billboard they're putting up.

In all honesty it wouldn't surprise me if the front office were the ones putting these billboards up. Clownshow billboard for a clownshow front office.

I have a feeling this offseason is going to be a complete disaster.

The Dolphins are wasting talent

The Texans are wasting talent

The Browns, Lions, 49ers, Jags, Raiders, and basically every team that hasn't won it all in the past 5 years are wasting talent. And the teams that won it all in the past 5 years? They were wasting talent before.

Facts shouldn't be controversial.
For me it's especially egregious when you continually fail to address problem #1: the QB. Building a team is all but worthless if you don't have a long-term solution at QB. At least the Dolphins have a guy who could potentially solve that problem for them, that's more than you can say for a lot of teams.

eznark

Banned
Man that new 12" Macbook sure is sexy, I dunno if I can deal with only 1 port and multiple adapters, seems like something Nintendo would do.

I don't get who it's for. You can either use your usb key, or you can keep your battery charged. PICK NOW!

Sanjuro

He's better then whatever the Texans, Bills or Jets have at QB. (I'm sure I'm forgetting other teams) He's not a long term answer by any means I just think he's the best of the back ups I guess.

Based on what though? Matt Moore has never accomplished anything significant at the professional level and has Penningtonitus.

MRSA

Banned
I don't get who it's for. You can either use your usb key, or you can keep your battery charged. PICK NOW!

Yeah its kinda perplexing, especially how the fuck am I supposed to charge my phone and my computer at the same time?

I'm going with another 13" MBP, probably next year.

MechDX

ESPN’s Stephen A. Smith suggests racism in Chip Kelly’s roster moves

So what Smith did on ESPN First Take today is he merely implied that Kelly is a racist, going over a selection of Kelly’s recent roster moves and then hinting that Kelly might not want black players in his locker room.

“Chip Kelly makes decisions over the last couple of years that, dare I say, leave a few brothers feeling uncomfortable,” Smith said. “I think that’s fair to say. I mean, we’re sitting here looking at some of the decisions that Chip Kelly makes and I’m like what is up? What’s up with that? I mean, it’s like you’ve got to be his kind of guy, you know? And I’m like, well, Riley Cooper’s your kind of guy?”

EDIT: didn't know it was posted. Oh well fuck off

Based on what though? Matt Moore has never accomplished anything significant at the professional level and has Penningtonitus.

Based on his limited play time it's hard to gauge one way or the other but I think at best he's a game manager that won't break down and lose you games.

Again I'm comparing him to the 3rd stringers that teams are competing for, not as a solution to a QB desperate team. He could at least be nice competition.

Look at his career numbers, combined makes for one above average season.

Att Comp % Yards YPA TD INT
452 768 58.9 5,342 7.0 33 28

Top Bottom