• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 2015 |OT2| Home of Baseball, Anime, Cricket, and Magic Johnson

eznark

Banned
You mean people aren't moving heaven and earth to get a turnover-prone QB signed to a massive contract? I'm shocked.

How many franchises can say that the best quarterback in their teams history, in his prime, is unwanted by any other team in football?

Maybe only the Jets?

effzee

Sanchez throwing to Huff, Cooper, and Jordan Mathews.

Handing off to ancient 30 + years old RBs.

Yum.

We better get Worilds, Browner, and Moore.

What could the Rams even offer for Foles? A 2nd? How does that help us get Mariota? Or maybe we turn that 2nd into Kap?

Hudson's contract is comparable to Alex Mack's last year, couple million more, but he is 5 years younger. Not that it matters, but we really didn't overpay imo.

Huge upgrade over wiz and we managed to hurt the Chiefs in the process(Sorry Shane).

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
what the fuck are the Lions doing...

Waiting for Ngata to get cut.

Seriously. If he gets cut, Detroit signs him and they switch to a 3-4.

If he doesn't, they are screwed.

My guess is panicking. Or fishing for another offensive piece to surround Stafford with. Or least likely looking for a NT to switch to a 3-4 front.

I hope they at least go after a O-Lineman to replace Sims. I'm onboard a 3-4 change if they get the right piece at NT.

Quotient

Browner is 6'4"

That's something that the smaller guys just can't match no matter how they practice. We need a big guy like Browner for those Chris Matthews situations where we are getting mismatched. I'll be stunned if we don't keep him

I don't think we have a player in the secondary who is taller than 6'. Browner's cap hit for 2015 is suppose to be really low too.

My guess is panicking. Or fishing for another offensive piece to surround Stafford with. Or least likely looking for a NT to switch to a 3-4 front.

Mayhew and Leward are out here like Romney on election night with no plan b (ie concession speech in his case). This is blowing my mind. Outside of a brief Revis rumor which sounded like face saving nonsense, there has been NOTHING.

They're trying to re-sign Mathis. Why? Why not focus on signing another CB free agent, and then deciding to bring back Mathis afterwards. There are currently 0 reports of them targeting specific DTs right now. I'm stunned...

Tom Penny

If Browner helps retain Revis I don't care. Browner isn't a number 1 corner and would get ate up if he was. Browner requires a safety over the top to protect his flaws and despite his size couldn't cover TE's.

ampere

How many of those Apple watches will Lunchbox buy?

They need all the money they can find to try and keep Revis. But I too think they should pick up that option.

Yeah Revis will be pricey, but there are some other good spots to free money like renegotiating with Amendola

jakncoke

Banned
lol at steelers fans thinking we should sign revis, ye because we have or should use that much cap on revis..maybe if there wasnt a cap but there is..

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
So Revis is choosing between a lot of money and a team who won't make the playoffs and less than "a lot of money" and the chance to make it back to the super bowl,

He's got his ring so why wouldn't he want the money? That would be more logical than trying to win another ring. The money is always more logical.

I don't buy it for a second hes willing to take less money. He just doesn't want to look as bad as he did when he didn't try to hide the fact that its about the money when he was on the Jets.

MRSA

Banned
Did I show you degenerates gives from school
JmuQi7Cl.jpg

Colasante

He's got his ring so why wouldn't he want the money? That would be more logical than trying to win another ring. The money is always more logical.

It's not like he isn't going to be paid in New England. He's going to make at least $16M per year anywhere, so the choice will probably come down to getting $16M from New England or $18-20M from the Jets.

I'd love it if Revis took a pay cut to stay with the Pats but if I were him I'd go get as much money as possible. He already has his ring, what else is there left for him to do?

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
It's not like he isn't going to be paid in New England. He's going to make at least $16M per year anywhere, so the choice will probably come down to getting $16M from New England or $18-20M from the Jets.

And if those were the two scenarios hes going to take the money.

Why do fans try to vilify guys who are free agents and want to get paid?

Top Bottom