• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 2015 |OT2| Home of Baseball, Anime, Cricket, and Magic Johnson

Fox318

Does Revis want to win and get paid or just get paid

That's the question

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

MechDX

74343-Tombstone-well-bye-gif-hji0.gif

Bread

Banned
Go look at your 2015 cap and tell me it doesn't matter.
The cap is not going to stop the Pats from signing Revis, their perception of his value will.

If they need to open up a couple million to get to that value, we'll see restructuring or cuts to make it happen.

MechDX

You had this gif ready for like three seasons now right?

I was one of the few who saw it coming a couple seasons ago, the way this league works. He is just not a #1 WR anymore and was surpassed last season by Deandre Hopkins. You cant pay a 34 year old WR $16 million for what he did in the past

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
I was one of the few who saw it coming a couple seasons ago, the way this league works. He is just not a #1 WR anymore and was surpassed last season by Deandre Hopkins. You cant pay a 34 year old WR $16 million for what he did in the past

34 years old?

He'll be lucky to break 750 yards this season with whoever he ends up with.

WedgeX

Banned
Waiting for Ngata to get cut.

Seriously. If he gets cut, Detroit signs him and they switch to a 3-4.

If he doesn't, they are screwed.

I hope they at least go after a O-Lineman to replace Sims. I'm onboard a 3-4 change if they get the right piece at NT.

The switch to the 3-4 is the only thing that makes sense with this lack of all news. A linebacking corps of Levy/Whitehead/Tulloch/van Noy might actually work. Although how well does Ansah transition to a 3-4?

Mayhew and Leward are out here like Romney on election night with no plan b (ie concession speech in his case). This is blowing my mind. Outside of a brief Revis rumor which sounded like face saving nonsense, there has been NOTHING.

They're trying to re-sign Mathis. Why? Why not focus on signing another CB free agent, and then deciding to bring back Mathis afterwards. There are currently 0 reports of them targeting specific DTs right now. I'm stunned...

Yeah I...bah. Doom and gloom back for round 2.

Godslay

Banned
They have the money to make Revis the highest paid corner in NFL history if they chose to.

The cap is not going to stop the Pats from signing Revis, their perception of his value will.

If they need to open up a couple million to get to that value, we'll see restructuring or cuts to make it happen.

Never said they didn't have the money.

Just assuming that the $5M factors into decision making and figures that they present to him.

Additionally, if he makes it out to FA he won't be back. Just a guess. I could be wrong.

MechDX

34 years old?

He'll be lucky to break 750 yards this season with whoever he ends up with.

In July he will be 34. It hurt when the news first came out but it is what it is. he can not get separation anymore and has lost a step in his speed. Why do you think the Texans were going after Torrey Smith? We have no top end speed on this team. None.

Poor Mech. There were multiple teams that were going to trade for Dre and they all reneged.

Stop being a cunt. I said there was a possibility not that it would.

LevelNth

Banned
Niners resigned Derek Carrier, that makes me happy. Guy is a physical freak and should've been schemed more towards last season. He's pure pass catching though, his blocking needs work.

He's gonna be awesome over the next couple seasons, calling it here first.

Top Bottom