• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 2015 |OT2| Home of Baseball, Anime, Cricket, and Magic Johnson

Ansah played almost every snap in college as a 3-4 DE. That was actually my main concern with them drafting him--he hadn't really played in a 4-3.

He is much more comfortable (and some argued better) playing in the 3-4 defense. When they drafted him, my first thought was that they would eventually move to a 3-4 and build the defense around him. He's that good.

And Van Noy was also in that system as well so there's that.

Bowser

Joe Person ‏@josephperson 1m1 minute ago
Value. RT @TomPelissero Ted Ginn got $1.7M signing bonus from #Panthers on 2-year, $4.2M deal. Can earn up to another $1.5M in incentives.

Tom Pelissero ‏@TomPelissero 8m8 minutes ago
Ted Ginn got a $1.7 million signing bonus from #Panthers on 2-year, $4.2M deal. Can earn up to another $1.5M in incentives.

Gettlemagic

(Yes, I realize how silly we look celebrating a bust turned career journeyman one trick pony signing. But think about the disaster that was last year's FA. Anything is better than that. And we could really use that one trick Ginn's got)

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Ginn is worth every penny because the Panthers evidently didnt have a single guy on the roster capable of returning punts last year.

Colasante

The Patriots have already shown some interest in running back Roy Helu during this legal tampering period, per source.

I'd be very much into Helu. I'd definitely prefer him to Reggie Bush or Pierre Thomas.

That would just be stupid. I honestly think they'd break the record for most points in a season if that were to happen.

is there another modern day player who's had his career and potential squandered as badly as johnson?

Schaub was serviceable but Dre should be a "1st ballot hall of famer every year all pro" type of player with his talent, yet instead he's been the biggest "if only" for me in the NFL

MechDX

Field Yates ‏@FieldYates · 2m2 minutes ago
Also, with Ryan Mallet coming back, and Brian Hoyer possibly signing as well, the Texans have released QB Thad Lewis.

The dream is over. Worse cut than Andre Johnson

led4lyfe

Is Cordarrelle Patterson still being shopped?? Eagles need help at WR and FA is rather bare. Patterson could excell in in the Eagles system, but his last season with the vikes was awful. Justin hunter!? Any other trade options?

pxeB71I.jpg

effzee

Eagles, or any team that would have , didn't sign Graham simply cause of what he has put up numbers wise but based.on potential. Still young, not much wear and tear, and will be taking over Trent Cole's starting role where he will mostly be just asked to rush the QB.

Graham, Curry, Cox, and Barwin should be ablessing to provide a decent push.

Fuck if Marcus Smith turns into something the Eagles could actually be really good on defense.

Keim with another of his famous prove it deals signing Weatherspoon for 1 year for 4 mil, love it! Guy can be a real force when healthy and just thinking about the speed of our ILBs with him and D Wash beside each other...oh yes. He'll fill in while D Wash is suspended but when D Wash is back, teams beware! Thankfully, court ruled you can't apply the new rule retroactively so D Wash should only miss 4 or less games. Weatherspoon will either be a beast for us, or we let him walk next year but our prove it deals under Keim have all worked out great. Granted, we haven't kept most of them afterwards but they have generally been older guys who get overpaid by other teams, still worthwhile while they were here. Weatherspoon on the other hand is still fairly young so I could see us keeping him if he performs great.

Thank god we kept Ta'amu with Dan Williams quite possibly going elsewhere. Ta'amu is simply depth quality but was pretty good before his injury. If we have to draft a NT, it'll be nice to have Ta'amu for rotation work. I really really hope we re-sign Williams though. It's odd, either Keim doesn't feel he's as crucial to our run D as all the fans, or he's really confident that no one will offer him more than 3mil a season. I think the latter but we'll see how things shake tomorrow.

Cards doing so well at keeping the lid on over leaks, I'm so impatient to see what Keim has up his sleeve! People joke we're Steelers West, right? Go get Worilds!

Colasante

Eagles, or any team that would have , didn't sign Graham simply cause of what he has put up numbers wise but based.on potential. Still young, not much wear and tear, and will be taking over Trent Cole's starting role where he will mostly be just asked to rush the QB.

Graham, Curry, Cox, and Barwin should be ablessing to provide a decent push.

Fuck if Marcus Smith turns into something the Eagles could actually be really good on defense.

Who's playing safety?

Colts outbidding everyone for Nick Fairley? lol

I know Kas would disagree but let's be real: the Lions could have easily been 8-8 or 7-9 last year if not for some miraculous last minute wins (and Mike Smith). We could lose Suh and Fairley, completely gutting our biggest strength. Assuming Stafford doesn't take that next step this year...we could very easily miss the playoffs. GB isn't going anywhere. the Vikings have improved. I still think the Bears will be trash but regardless, we're in a tough position.

Bottom line: we've got to hit the draft out the park, have a decent FA period, and pray that our 2014 draft delivers; Ebron has to step up, Van Noy has to step up, Swanson has to deliver at center, etc. If not I really think Mayhew and Lewan will be fired.

My question: if we miss the playoffs, how long do we keep Caldwell? He's not getting fired after this upcoming season, but if we bring in a new FO regime he'll be on a short leash.

WedgeX

Banned
Ansah played almost every snap in college as a 3-4 DE. That was actually my main concern with them drafting him--he hadn't really played in a 4-3.

He is much more comfortable (and some argued better) playing in the 3-4 defense. When they drafted him, my first thought was that they would eventually move to a 3-4 and build the defense around him. He's that good.

This makes me feel better, finding a NT notwithstanding. Soooooo.....how do we feel about Eddie Goldman?

Top Bottom