• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 2015 |OT2| Home of Baseball, Anime, Cricket, and Magic Johnson

Godslay

Banned
Jason Owen ‏@Jason_Owen
Back in the good old days when @Revis24 played for a team that mattered. Wonder if 12MM per and Rex as coach has any merit vs Schaino & 16MM

Darrelle RevisVerified account
‏@Revis24
@Jason_Owen naw 16 is better

Bowser

Jason Owen ‏@Jason_Owen
Back in the good old days when @Revis24 played for a team that mattered. Wonder if 12MM per and Rex as coach has any merit vs Schaino & 16MM

‏@Revis24

#factsonly

cdyhybrid

Jason Owen ‏@Jason_Owen

‏@Revis24

But why would Revis want an extra $4M?

Colasante

Jason Owen ‏@Jason_Owen

‏@Revis24

Wait, someone prefers $16 million to $12 million? Has Schefter confirmed this yet?

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
is there another modern day player who's had his career and potential squandered as badly as johnson?

Schaub was serviceable but Dre should be a "1st ballot hall of famer every year all pro" type of player with his talent, yet instead he's been the biggest "if only" for me in the NFL

Imagine if Megatron had a quarterback!

Colasante

49ers will be releasing WR Stevie Johnson. It's been the plan for a while. I'm told he'll be picked up by another team quickly. #49ers

I could see Johnson going to the Ravens and Torrey Smith going to the 49ers.

Colasante

Look on the bright side you're already $5M into $16M. Has to count for something.

Indeed, it counted for this.

tempSB49KN_070-nfl_mezz_1280_1024.jpg

WedgeX

Banned
City builder sim, Steam.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1006942

You can name different parts of your city and rename individual citizens and even animals. So you can do a NFL-GAF city with various people named after folks in here. Which brings up the question, should a cow or a pig be named after Stafford?

A giant, happy cow.

I'm not sold on the game yet. The small number of transit options makes me sad. But the use of agents makes me happy.

kmag

Eagles, or any team that would have , didn't sign Graham simply cause of what he has put up numbers wise but based.on potential. Still young, not much wear and tear, and will be taking over Trent Cole's starting role where he will mostly be just asked to rush the QB.

Graham, Curry, Cox, and Barwin should be ablessing to provide a decent push.

Fuck if Marcus Smith turns into something the Eagles could actually be really good on defense.

He's not had much wear and tear, but he has microfracture surgery, I'm always dubious about lineman who get that done, but you've to think the Eagles know what the state of his health is. One thing is sure he'll need to play more snaps to be worthy of the contract.

"Vince Young was not accepted to and won't attend the NFL Veterans Combine on March 22 in Phoenix, according to a representative for Young." - @ChronBrianSmith

THIS IS BULLSHIT!

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
The small number of transit options makes me sad. But the use of agents makes me happy.

The fact that individuals can transfer between transit lines if you build it up properly makes up for it I think:

http://www.gamersyde.com/hqstream_cities_skylines_commuting-34219_en.html

I love following my Cims to see how they use my public transports.

I made several bus and metro lines, and most of my Cims now use them instead of taking their car.

I'm preparing a little video for Gamersyde showing this.

I could find a Cim that wanted to take the Red Bus line, but the Yellow one came first to the stop, so she took it instead and left at the next stop to pick the Red line, as the Yellow one does not go where she wanted to.
Another example is an elder, he took the metro to cross the river, then took another line in the same station, and then walked a little bit to take the bus.

I also have a metro line going from residentials to industries, traffic is now low on roads as it has a 100% efficiency.

This game is incredible, I love it.

Plus, since this is the Cities in Motion devs, I'd expect more transit options coming in future expansions anyway, if not from community mods.

Godslay

Banned
slay posts more about Revie's status with the Pats more than Pats fans do

I offered my thoughts on all types of free agency news.

Every time I post something about the Pats though, it's either you, Penny, Colasante, or Gata posting back. So in order to continue that discussion I usually have to reply back to multiple guys jumping in my face.

It's a never ending cycle. I wrote quite a bit about McCoy, yet it didn't elicit the response that any post about Revis news does. That's out of my control.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Mom I'm Done With My Segment said:
Here is a scary stat: Only 15 signees from the unrestricted free-agency class of 2012 (143 signings) are still under contract with the teams that signed them. And that number could shrink. The Cowboys have to decide if they want to keep cornerback Brandon Carr at his $10 million-a-year salary. The Saints reportedly have been shopping linebacker Curtis Lofton and are trying to decide if they can afford to keep linebacker David Hawthorne and guard Ben Grubbs.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
I see you've taken a page out of Gata's playbook.

I also think your definition of counting only exists in Mordor judging by this thread.

i mean the goal is to win a sb... they did that. who cares if he walks and leaves the 5m, the won, anybody would take that. hell i would take 5-10 years of cap jail if it guaranteed a superbowl.

I could see Johnson going to the Ravens and Torrey Smith going to the 49ers.

i would love him on the pats.

effzee

Who's playing safety?

Jenkins who was actually much better than I ever expected and possibly Rahim Moore or Parker.

Or a rookie. Or nobody. Nobody would be better than Nate Allen.

Either way as puzzled and upset as I am still am with losing out on Maclin and McCoy, there is no denying the D should improve.

Kiko, Maxwell, Graham starting, plus possibly another FA or 2.

Colasante

Iupati to the Cardinals.

Damn, nice signing. You might think that'd be an indication they intend to become a more balanced offense, but I doubt Arians will ever retreat from his pass-happy ways.

Patriots wanted him last year RT @ProFootballTalk: If Bucs cut DE Michael Johnson, Bengals are hoping to bring him back, per league source.

I'd love having Johnson. He'd be a upgrade on Ninkovich as a pass rusher.

effzee

He's not had much wear and tear, but he has microfracture surgery, I'm always dubious about lineman who get that done, but you've to think the Eagles know what the state of his health is. One thing is sure he'll need to play more snaps to be worthy of the contract.

That surgery was years ago. And his play has only been limited because they switched to a 3-4 when Chip arrived and he like most of the line was ill fitted for that scheme. Tool him even longer to adjust playing LB.

But whenever he did play he was pretty good and always around the QB.

Any word or update on Worilds?

And where is my latest Mariota rumor damnit???!!!

Colasante

Jenkins who was actually much better than I ever expected and possibly Rahim Moore or Parker.

Or a rookie. Or nobody. Nobody would be better than Nate Allen.

Either way as puzzled and upset as I am still am with losing out on Maclin and McCoy, there is no denying the D should improve.

Kiko, Maxwell, Graham starting, plus possibly another FA or 2.

Yeah, I think Kiko and Maxwell will be big boons and make the unit a lot more athletic. I'd still love to see Chip pry Dion Jordan away from Miami and actually use him to his abilities.

squicken

Rams released Jake Long and Scott Wells. Neither a surprise, but once Barksdale leaves, they need 3 starting linemen and have no depth

TheFatOne

Damn, nice signing. You might think that'd be an indication they intend to become a more balanced offense, but I doubt Arians will ever retreat from his pass-happy ways.

I'd love having Johnson. He'd be a upgrade on Ninkovich as a pass rusher.

Anyone is at this point. Jones is another guy I'm unsure of. Was terrible against the run last season, and he has yet to improve his pass rushing moves. He's a one or two trick pony right now.

Top Bottom