• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 2015 |OT2| Home of Baseball, Anime, Cricket, and Magic Johnson

Colasante

Anyone is at this point. Jones is another guy I'm unsure of. Was terrible against the run last season, and he has yet to improve his pass rushing moves. He's a one or two trick pony right now.

I'm not concerned at all about Chandler Jones. He's not perfect but he's the best non-McGinest pass rusher Belichick has had here. He can play DE, DT, OLB, drop into coverage, cover kicks, play on the field goal unit.

effzee

Rams released Jake Long and Scott Wells. Neither a surprise, but once Barksdale leaves, they need 3 starting linemen and have no depth

You don't need a line when you have nimble feet Foles.

Yeah, I think Kiko and Maxwell will be big boons and make the unit a lot more athletic. I'd still love to see Chip pry Dion Jordan away from Miami and actually use him to his abilities.

Id love to see Dion on this team and it had been rumored for a while but now with Suh on board they probably want to see what Dion can do.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Id love to see Dion on this team and it had been rumored for a while but now with Suh on board they probably want to see what Dion can do.

You could put me as defensive end with my bad ankle and I'd still get 6 sacks with Suh in the middle. Dion stats will go up guaranteed.

5Q2j5gS.png

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
I'm not concerned at all about Chandler Jones.

really? injury prone, gets bullied occasionally, targeted in the run game, and really hasn't flashed. maybe it's just the lack of consistency with the different injuries, but I've been disappointed after his quick start.

squicken

Say what you will, but Gotor's leadership has kept this thread from going the way of the NBA and soccer threads

You don't need a line when you have nimble feet Foles.

I just need the Cotls to sign Dre. I have no idea why he would go to GB to be a WR3 unless he really is just desperate to play with a good QB for once in his life

Colasante

really? injury prone, gets bullied occasionally, targeted in the run game, and really hasn't flashed. maybe it's just the lack of consistency with the different injuries, but I've been disappointed after his quick start.

He's not injury-prone. Players are allowed to suffer injuries without being "prone" to it. He played basically 99% of snaps the year before, give him a break. And he hasn't flashed? I just don't agree. He's gotten better as a pass rusher every year before his development was stunted this season. He's targeted in the run game because Ninkovich is the best run stuffing 4-3 end in football. You can choose to go at Ninkovich, at the 600 pounds of Wilfork and Siliga, or at Jones. It happens.

Milchjon

$5M $5M $5M $5M $5M $5M $5M $5M $5M $5M

Iupati coming, awwwww yeah, Keim doing work behind the scenes! We can afford one guy to be lousy at pass protect when all the others are solid to great at it (assuming we upgrade C which I'm pretty sure we will). We DESPERATELY needed better run blocking and RG was a top 3 need coming into this off season. Iupati is just what the doctor ordered! I'm curious to see the years and numbers but not too many guards break the bank. Yes, I know he plays LG but so does Cooper. One of the two will be moving over and either way it will be well addressed.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
He's not injury-prone. Players are allowed to suffer injuries without being "prone" to it. He played basically 99% of snaps the year before, give him a break. And he hasn't flashed? I just don't agree. He's gotten better as a pass rusher every year before his development was stunted this season. He's targeted in the run game because Ninkovich is the best run stuffing 4-3 end in football. You can choose to go at Ninkovich, at the 600 pounds of Wilfork and Siliga, or at Jones. It happens.

3 of his last 4 years he missed chunks oft time due to injury. hopefully hes just been unlucky. he also suffered a torn labrum in the hip this year which can crop up again so hopefully it doesnt have long term effects.

i dont mean hes never flashed more that he hasnt quite lived to my expectations, which were probably unfairly high. that being said hes not the gamechanging pass rusher i had hoped he would become. hopefully he takes a step fprward this season.

also of course every chain has a weakest link, however chandlers weakness was glaring, enough so that his value as a pass rusher was offset. he reminded me of osi on that giants line.

Colasante

3 of his last 4 years he missed chunks oft time due to injury. hopefully hes just been unlucky. he also suffered a torn labrum in the hip this year which can crop up again so hopefully it doesnt have long term effects.

i dont mean hes never flashed more that he hasnt quite lived to my expectations, which were probably unfairly high. that being said hes not the gamechanging pass rusher i had hoped he would become. hopefully he takes a step fprward this season.

also of course every chain has a weakest link, however chandlers weakness was glaring, enough so that his value as a pass rusher was offset. he reminded me of osi on that giants line.

C'mon, dude. Jones has only played in 3 seasons. He played 14 games in 2012, 16 games in 2013 (playing 1,124 of 1,148 snaps, 98%- an NFL high on the DL), and 10 games in 2014. You're just flat out wrong, there's no other way around it.

You can think what you want. I don't know what to tell you. The Patriots are not going to find a better pass rusher than Chandler Jones in the draft or free agency. If you don't see the value that he brings to the team, that's a shame.

Bowser

Adam Schefter @AdamSchefter
Frank Gore has gotten cold feet on signing with Philadelphia, as @RapSheet reported. Eagles now in market for other RBs. Indy wants Gore.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
C'mon, dude. Jones has only played in 3 seasons. He played 14 games in 2012, 16 games in 2013 (playing 1,124 of 1,148 snaps, 98%- an NFL high on the DL), and 10 games in 2014. You're just flat out wrong, there's no other way around it.

You can think what you want. I don't know what to tell you. The Patriots are not going to find a better pass rusher than Chandler Jones in the draft or free agency. If you don't see the value that he brings to the team, that's a shame.

i see the value hes not a high end pass rusher.

also you.don't count injuries in college?

Iupati coming, awwwww yeah, Keim doing work behind the scenes! We can afford one guy to be lousy at pass protect when all the others are solid to great at it (assuming we upgrade C which I'm pretty sure we will). We DESPERATELY needed better run blocking and RG was a top 3 need coming into this off season. Iupati is just what the doctor ordered! I'm curious to see the years and numbers but not too many guards break the bank. Yes, I know he plays LG but so does Cooper. One of the two will be moving over and either way it will be well addressed.

great run blocker, below average in pass protection!

gutshot

Take him, Indy. He's all yours.

Eagles just need to wait out the free agent RB market and get one for cheap and/or just draft someone. You don't need a stud RB in this offense, any half-way decent one can put up big numbers (see: LaMichael James, Kenjon Barner, etc).

ampere

Wait, Revis likes money?

What a sellout!!! I am quitting my job for 25% less because this other guy said he's a cooler boss

Take him, Indy. He's all yours.

Eagles just need to wait out the free agent RB market and get one for cheap and/or just draft someone. You don't need a stud RB in this offense, any half-way decent one can put up big numbers (see: LaMichael James, Kenjon Barner, etc).

my only beef is we might have lost maclin and mccourty because of Gore... at least when it comes to the garunteed. either way I dont care about Gore but Having garunteed tied up to him him might have screwed us elsewhere

great run blocker, below average in pass protection!

Yeah, I was referring to him when I said one lousy guy at pass protection. It doesn't matter with all the other guys we have and the guy we had playing the position last year was complete trash anyway. This is a huge upgrade and our weakness was run blocking not pass. 31st in rushing last year, yikes! We get a stud RB which I think is in the cards whether we trade for AP or draft Gordon, we're in business to be scary!

brentech

Jason Wilde ‏@jasonjwilde 7m7 minutes ago
RT @TomSilverstein: #Packers informed RB DuJuan Harris they will not extend an exclusive rights tender. He is a free agent come Tuesday.

Buckethead is crying over some vegan pizza because of this.

BigAT

Which act would you rather follow, Lesean McCoy or Trent Richardson?

If Gore rushes for 700 yards in Indy they'll build him a god damn statue.

Top Bottom