• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 2015 |OT2| Home of Baseball, Anime, Cricket, and Magic Johnson

The city of Carson is making a hard push. But at the end of the day Stan Kroenke (sp?) already owns the property in Inglewood. Both cities are close by and in South LA.

It'll be a battle between the two cities and their respective politicians but Rams owner already has owns the property and can get development going faster than going through the city of Carson, getting permits etc.

From a travel perspective the Carson location is perfect because of the proximity of freeways. So you can get the bandwagon fans from West LA plus hardcore South LA+Riverside fans.

Development for Inglewood would be quicker so I think Kroenke and the Rams and Chargers move. I'd be shocked if we get 3 teams so the Raiders to San Antonio?

St. Louis is making a real push for a stadium and plans to have public funding secured by the ending of the year. We'll get to have some NFL team here right?

JNA

Banned
Believe me there is no shortage, I was there for Valentine's day and holy crap it was short skirts and tight pants as far as the eye could see, imgaine stafford dreaming of a taco bell endless buffet

Dran2wP.gif

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
A filthy pats fan just sat next to me, I'm going to stab him with my pencil, I hope you guys will pitch in to bust be out of jail

No can do. Your a Phins fan. That outcome would be like best case scenario.

And wtf at Thomas to the Jaguars.

Also, my best friend is a Rams fan, but his brother is a Niners fan. He's been texting me hilarious shit all night, his bro is taking it hard.

Now I'm hearing Jets are going to go after Revis?? Him and Cro, all in. LET'S DO THIS.

I gotta catch up with the last few pages here to see what I've missed...

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
St. Louis is making a real push for a stadium and plans to have public funding secured by the ending of the year. We'll get to have some NFL team here right?

The city of St. Louis wants and can fund a new stadium but the Rams ownership has made it obvious they want to move to LA.

Didn't York get the team by marrying Eddies ugly (assumption here) sister who had no interest in football so she let her dumb husband play with the team?

Just send him a bus of hookers and then give her the video of what follows. Maybe the next guy she married will be smart.

Team is Jed's now I believe...please let there be a tape recorded Jed York racist rant..

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
So the Giants converted 3.3 million worth of Beason's salary into incentives he has to meet with playing time and performance. Brought his cap down from 7.4 million to 4.1 million.

Also:

He's a damn solid player, but he's simply not worth the money for the pats situation right now. I always wanted Vereen to be somebody who could mix in runs between the tackles, somewhat like a Danny Woodhead with more punch... turns out he was only SLIGHTLY better than Danny between the tackles. He's damn good in protection and is very sure handed though, so he's a good weapon. Will be missed.

The 49ers might not be great next year, but I don't expect the defense to fall off that much. They've been top 5 for years now and haven't lost that many crucial pieces, and then you got young guys like Reid, Borland, and Lynch coming up strong. Not to mention Willis, Aldon Smith, and Bowman coming back at 100%

l41lKrLGu3iaru85G.gif

He's a damn solid player, but he's simply not worth the money for the pats situation right now. I always wanted Vereen to be somebody who could mix in runs between the tackles, somewhat like a Danny Woodhead with more punch... turns out he was only SLIGHTLY better than Danny between the tackles. He's damn good in protection and is very sure handed though, so he's a good weapon. Will be missed.
Giants want a versatile pass catcher coming out of the backfield. Vareen has caught what? 99 catches the last two seasons? Its what they covet. Jennings is their between the tackle guy and will remain the starter but he can't take a full work load by himself. Andre Williams needs time to develop (better vision specifically) but would be used as a bulldozer short yardage/goal line back.

As long as we're not expending stupid money for Vareen, I'm fine with it. They were also looking at Roy Helu and between the two, I'm definitely down for Vareen. It looks like its a pretty strong possibility, too:

Ebenezer Samuel ‏@ebenezersamuel 7m7 minutes ago Bronx, NY
There's a very good chance that the Giants can sign Shane Vereen, per source.

Safety remains the biggest hole on the team and we need to spend to fill it. No two ways about it. We can't get out of FA with nothing in that regard. Landon Collins is a massive reach at #9 and I want no part of it either.

A DE/DT in FA and some OT/OG depth would be nice additions, too. None need to be big money additions. Just solid players. The Giants will be better in several regards if we can get last years FA class healthy (and the team in general for that matter).

Anthony DiMoro ‏@AnthonyDiMoro 1m 1 minute ago
Brian Hoyer meeting with #Jets tonight, per Pro Football Talk's Mike Florio

Michael Salfino ‏@michaelsalfino 3m 3 minutes ago
the #jets full-court press for brian hoyer is making me wanna throw up in my mouth

Run the Night trailer just played for the 20th time. Has Liam Neeson just given up at this point? The man has made the same movie for seemingly the past 5-6 years? Might as well have called it Taken 7 or something.

bionic77

Team is Jed's now I believe...please let there be a tape recorded Jed York racist rant..
Eagles are probably the most racist team in the league at the moment after they released Maclin but kept Racist Cooper (or however the hell you say his name).

Honestly I wonder if Goodell would actually even boot a owner caught saying racist shit on tape. He would probably just suspend them for 6 games or some weak ass shit like that. He just doesn't give a fuck.

Eagles are probably the most racist team in the league at the moment after they released Maclin but kept Racist Cooper (or however the hell you say his name).

Honestly I wonder if Goodell would actually even boot a owner caught saying racist shit on tape. He would probably just suspend them for 6 games or some weak ass shit like that. He just doesn't give a fuck.

Chip Kelly is also elitist because he tries to only sign guys who finished college.

Racist, elitist scum.

ShaneB

Run the Night trailer just played for the 20th time. Has Liam Neeson just given up at this point? The man has made the same movie for seemingly the past 5-6 years? Might as well have called it Taken 7 or something.

I assume he's turned into Steven Seagal.

JNA

Banned

I think somebody made a good point that the decisions are more stupid than they are racist.

I mean, why get rid of Foles while trying to go all in for MM or just to start Sanchez instead if they are racists? :p

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
The bitch at GameStop said I couldn't trade in Destiny even if I opened it.

What the fuck.

She could probably tell you were trading it for cash to supply your drug habit and felt a moral obligation not to feed your habit.

Guess it's time to hit the pawn shops.

Draxal

Giants want a versatile pass catcher coming out of the backfield. Vareen has caught what? 99 catches the last two seasons? Its what they covet. Jennings is their between the tackle guy and will remain the starter but he can't take a full work load by himself. Andre Williams needs time to develop (better vision specifically) but would be used as a bulldozer short yardage/goal line back.

As long as we're not expending stupid money for Vareen, I'm fine with it. They were also looking at Roy Helu and between the two, I'm definitely down for Vareen. It looks like its a pretty strong possibility, too:

Safety remains the biggest hole on the team and we need to spend to fill it. No two ways about it. We can't get out of FA with nothing in that regard. Landon Collins is a massive reach at #9 and I want no part of it either.

A DE/DT in FA and some OT/OG depth would be nice additions, too. None need to be big money additions. Just solid players. The Giants will be better in several regards if we can get last years FA class healthy (and the team in general for that matter).

Parker/Williams/Vereen would make me happy. OL/DE we an get in the draft.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
If Vereen signs with the Giants, I think Roy Helu will end up with the Patriots. Jennings/Williams/Vereen will be a solid trio.

It will, again I like it better when their is a threat that the guy might actually get the ball handed. Looks like helu is a little better between the tackles. This is especially useful in the hurry up.

Any update on Akeem Ayers? He just posted this image with the caption "Got A Taste. Hungry For More." Hopefully it's a sign he's coming back.

Haven't heard a peep about him. I'd really like to have him back as a bigger part of the rotation at defensive end.

Silence is usually good news. I wonder if he'll still come cheap. Also I've heard conflicting things on Mayo's contract. He's on for 10.5 this season, if he's cut we eat 6 of that or 4 of that? I've heard both. If it's the latter they should consider the cut then use some of that to bring in Ayers.

cdyhybrid

I have no reaction to anything the team does in the offseason anymore. Any player I didn't want will turn into a Pro Bowler, and any players I DID want will get hurt or suck.

So we'll see how he turns out!

Bowser

Charles Robinson ‏@CharlesRobinson 4m4 minutes ago
The #Falcons are NOT front runner for Brian Orakpo. 3 teams: #Colts, #Cardinals & #Washington. Atlanta isn't even talking to him right now.

When DT said someone in the Broncos said they were afraid to play in NE in a playoff game, that was supposedly Julius. Gave up before even playing the Colts game.

In addition to that a couple of Broncos players anonymously said he doesn't love football, only money, and will not go unless 100%. Which apparently pissed off some guys who were banged up and still played.

Good luck to him though. He was fun to watch.

Edit:

Shannon knows what's up.

@ShannonSharpe: Check the injury history. Plus he quit last yr. Yes I said what everybody in Denver wanted to say...

I just saw this. Shannon Sharpe really calling Thomas out huh. I remember you mentioning it as well. Julius Thomas, the most game he has played in the regular season was what 9? His health is such a big factor, dude might have chronic ankle issues. Fan of his game,

Well he got his money funny how it is an overpay. Jacksonville Jaguars hired John Idzik as a salary cap consultant, clearly failing at his job already lol.

cdyhybrid

I just saw this. Shannon Sharpe really calling Thomas out huh. I remember you mentioning it as well. Julius Thomas, the most game he has played in the regular season was what 9? His health is such a big factor, dude might have chronic ankle issues. Fan of his game,

Well he got his money funny how it is an overpay. Jacksonville Jaguars hired John Idzik as a salary cap consultant, clearly failing at his job already lol.

Meh, they had to spend money on something, and a lot of the bigger-name FAs appear to already off the board.

Damn. Good for Peters to get paid.

Don't know much about him but clearly the money we would have given Dockett so must feel Peters is better. What are your thoughts on him? I've read he played pretty well for coming off that injury and he should be better this season now being 100 percent.

Top Bottom