• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 2015 |OT2| Home of Baseball, Anime, Cricket, and Magic Johnson

Patriots7

Fucking sucks that we have to move Browner to get Revis. This better be a trade and we better be getting something good back from Tenn.
This would be beyond stupid.

We'll go back to 2012/3 where we have one excellent shut down corner, and then a committee of meh.

Bowser

RT @TerryBlountESPN: Andre Johnson's brother tweeted 4 teams Andre is interested in _ Seahawks, Colts, Pats and Packers.

rando14

Wasn't it reported that he wanted to play with a great QB?

Seems like it's down to Colts, Pats, and Packers.

If he wants to play for a great QB he should play for the Eagles!! They've got an insane running game, a legendary WR core, and an elite QB who threw 13 TD and 10 INT last year

Doomsayer

Agreed but I wonder how much of his thinking went into avoiding future concussions.

From the guy who has exactly 0 concussions in his NFL career? The fuck are you talking about?

Pat has ALWAYS been a preachy dude. I think he seem the fact he was getting nicked up year after year and with the team going nowhere fast he decided this is the best for him and for the team.

I'm going to miss him suiting up.

Pepiope

If he wants to play for a great QB he should play for the Eagles!! They've got an insane running game, a legendary WR core, and an elite QB who threw 13 TD and 10 INT last year
That's wasn't an intended knock on Wilson...He's just not on the same level at the other 3.

MechDX

For what it's worth I can't seem to find the original tweets from Andre Johnsons brother.

B_tWJnKU0AEKHcw.png:large

He pulled it

PDS ‏@PatDStat · 32s33 seconds ago
Let's try this again. Slim is asked where he wants Dre to go. That was his answer.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
From the guy who has exactly 0 concussions in his NFL career? The fuck are you talking about?

Pat has ALWAYS been a preachy dude. I think he seem the fact he was getting nicked up year after year and with the team going nowhere fast he decided this is the best for him and for the team.

I'm going to miss him suiting up.

How do you know he hasn't had concussions? I can guarantee you he's has concussions throughout his high school, college and Pro days. Just never diagnosed.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive

That's right sorry, guess I just forgot given him being unavailable when it counted most :(. He was pretty awesome, but back then Jamie Collins wasn't there, DMC was still transitioning to safety, Hightower has emerged since, etc.

Browner was awesome in that he could get physical with bigger guys, but if it requires losing him to keep Revis it will be worth it.

How do you know he hasn't had concussions? I can guarantee you he's has concussions throughout his high school, college and Pro days. Just never diagnosed.

Especially with some of the stuff shown in League of Denial in regard to "sub"concussive impacts being equally destructive, can never hate on a guy for getting out once the love of the game starts to fade.

Also, once his ability starts to fade...

cajunator

Banned
Remember when the Eagles beat Russell Wilson and won a Super Bowl?

tbh QB "duels" are kind of silly in light of vastly different defenses. If a team has shit defense and the other has a suffocating top level one the playing field isnt even. Seahawks defense vs Eagles defense is barely a contest. One QB can basically throw at will, the other has to struggle.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Talib was as crucial to our secondary as Revis was, likely even more. Look at the two championship games when Talib went out. I still have nightmares about what DT did to Dennard.

Yes please. That's ~$6mm in savings right there.

It's not, it's somewhere around 3-4m

edit- Make it dennard instead of DA, or throw him on top, saves almost 2mil and he disappeared last year. If it saves browner it's worth it.

cdyhybrid

tbh QB "duels" are kind of silly in light of vastly different defenses. If a team has shit defense and the other has a suffocating top level one the playing field isnt even. Seahawks defense vs Eagles defense is barely a contest. One QB can basically throw at will, the other has to struggle.

It's got nothing to do with that. It's just funny that the same guys that think they'll get a first-rounder for Foles are claiming to be experts on QBs now.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Brady overthrew Welker in the Super Bowl and lost it. Luck throws picks like he's the next incarnation of Favre. Rodgers threw a pick in the end zone of the NFCCG.

What's your point?

Lol at comparing a throw that welker got both hands on and then dropped vs. a play where Russell literally threw it into the defenders hands. This is one of your weaker attempts.

Willis:

Today is my Future, Past, and Present all in one☺️😉 ... ...it's bigger than me, it always has been and it always will be...I thank you guys for everything, it has been an absolute pleasure....I look forward to the continuation of my journey... I feel full with something that needs to be out, and i just want to share it! Success is only as beautiful as our Consistency! My life is based On a True Concept! I know I'm not the only one! #learning #Understanding #Love #Joy
#Become #Manifest and #cultivate #🙇Matthew6:10 #sow #reap #harvest #Embrace #Zeal #Potential #Trinity #ConceptofPrinciples #TheGoodnews #TheGoodPrinciples #GodsPrinciples #GodsKingdom #Principles #Luke1:37 #Psalm18:32-33 #AlwaysBelieve #HumbleButHungry #Proverbs19:2 #Proverbs19:21 #Proverbs27:17 (Colossians 1:16) (TheGospelsParadoxinthisgeneration) #John6:38 #John15:9 #Hebrews11:1 The message! Purpose for Vision! #Proverbs29 I'm in love with these words I am here to do the work that my father sent me to do!

ok-then.gif

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
You're not giving Butler enough credit, shame on you

Butler made an excellent play, just saying it's dramatically different circumstances given the pats had the lead even if he had thrown it out of bounds, what Russ did was worse. I'm not putting it all on him though, at the end of the day Lynch could've punched it in, and Butler made one hell of a play, especially hanging on to it.

cdyhybrid

Butler made an excellent play, just saying it's dramatically different circumstances given the pats had the lead even if he had thrown it out of bounds, what Russ did was worse. I'm not putting it all on him though, at the end of the day Lynch could've punched it in, and Butler made one hell of a play, especially hanging on to it.

You completely missed the point in your blind rush to defend Golden Boy Tammy.

Top Bottom