• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 2015 |OT2| Home of Baseball, Anime, Cricket, and Magic Johnson

RBH

Don't know much about him but clearly the money we would have given Dockett so must feel Peters is better. What are your thoughts on him? I've read he played pretty well for coming off that injury and he should be better this season now being 100 percent.

Solid, not spectacular, rotational guy who will help out with both run stopping and pass rushing. One of the only guys on the roster who could generate a pass rush from the interior. Good depth guy.

Bowser

This is coming from a fat Poors that couldn't afford a half way house.

4zdfPyc.png

Bowser

Look, Willis was expected to make a full recovery and be joined in the middle of the Niners’ 3-4 defense by another former All-Pro, NaVorro Bowman, who missed all of last season still recovering from the gruesome left knee injury he suffered in the NFC title game in January 2014.

But now speculation is rampant that Bowman could be cut, as well, a did-not-pass-the-physical casualty. Granted, it’s all conjecture at this point, but it’s also a logical leap.

http://m.espn.go.com/general/blogs/...d=12542&src=desktop&ex_cid=espnapi_public&wjb

lol wtf

Solid, not spectacular, rotational guy who will help out with both run stopping and pass rushing. One of the only guys on the roster who could generate a pass rush from the interior. Good depth guy.

If he was spectacular he'd warrant more money but sounds like he'll be a good addition. We need as much pass rush help as we can get and want to keep that run D tops. I imagine he'll start and we'll rotate a couple young guys, Martin and Stinton in to get them experience to ultimately take the spot over.

i read this earlier. but WHAT speculation? the writers? literally no one else has said this or reported this. this is exactly my problem with the media and especially ESPN. 'well it's certainly a possibility that the 49ers could attempt to begin to consider possibly cutting bowman IF he doesn't pass a physical! I'm just saying it's POSSIBLE!"

next day

"ESPN REPORTS THAT BOWMAN A POSSIBLE CAP CASUALTY FOR 49ERS"

Godslay

Banned
I just saw this. Shannon Sharpe really calling Thomas out huh. I remember you mentioning it as well. Julius Thomas, the most game he has played in the regular season was what 9? His health is such a big factor, dude might have chronic ankle issues. Fan of his game,

Well he got his money funny how it is an overpay. Jacksonville Jaguars hired John Idzik as a salary cap consultant, clearly failing at his job already lol.

1.5 seasons out of 4.

I wanted him back at the beginning of the season, but I really soured on him as it went along. His dad pushed it over the edge though and the Colts game as well.

Jags got their guy and had to outbid the other team with massive money so it was going to be high no matter what. Good for him, great for Broncos like Shannon said.

Meh, they had to spend money on something, and a lot of the bigger-name FAs appear to already off the board.

Yeah. Can't argue that. He was fortunate that cap bump drove prices up, had two interested teams with tons of money, and was clearly the best in terms of his type of TE.

Not to mention that Jags are willing to put zeroes in front of the decimal point.

Most guys would have done the same with Manning probably done after this year.

1.5 seasons out of 4.

I wanted him back at the beginning of the season, but I really soured on him as it went along. His dad pushed it over the edge though and the Colts game as well.

Jags got their guy and had to outbid the other team with massive money so it was going to be high no matter what. Good for him, great for Broncos like Shannon said.

Yeah. Can't argue that. He was fortunate that cap bump drove prices up, had two interested teams with tons of money, and was clearly the best in terms of his type of TE.

Not to mention that Jags are willing to put zeroes in front of the decimal point.

Most guys would have done the same with Manning probably done after this year.

What did his dad do?

Jason La Canfora said:
Very nice market forming for Virgil Green. Should come down to the Bears and Broncos, though other teams also interested

Come on Virgil, the Bears have Bennett the role you will have will probably be the same as this past season if you go to the Bears.

Niner FA lists thus far

Gore leaves after 10 years to Eagles.. I mean Colts..whatever I don't care where..he has left
Iupati leaves to AZ.
Stevie cut.
Justin Smith retires.
Patrick Willis retires.
Kap rumored to be traded.
And just for good measure- Miller allegedly smacks his wife

Godslay

Banned
What did his dad do?

Complained about Elway offering him $8M, said Fox begged him to play when hurt, when Julius plays for Raiders he'll rip Broncos a new one, Manning was a greedy selfish liability, all while making it about race by saying black opportunities matter.

And he's a Raider degenerate.

That's also why it's funny that Manning took a paycut and the rumors said it was for Julius. Basically an FU in a backhanded way.

Godslay

Banned

Come on Virgil, the Bears have Bennett the role you will have will probably be the same as this past season if you go to the Bears.

This is important imo.

Difference between having to spend a higher draft pick for a TE and not having to.

He's perfect for the Kubes offense and a nice continuation for The Broz.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
I can only imagine them moving on from Browner if Revis is confirmed to return.

Basically how I feel. Very conflicted about this, I mean it's an absolute no brainer, but couldn't they just cut Dennard and restructure mayo? Maybe they have that in place already, plan on making more moves.

Saves 5.5 million to let him walk

JaMarco

Fucking sucks that we have to move Browner to get Revis. This better be a trade and we better be getting something good back from Tenn.

Bread

Banned
Basically how I feel. Very conflicted about this, I mean it's an absolute no brainer, but couldn't they just cut Dennard and restructure mayo? Maybe they have that in place already, plan on making more moves.

Saves 5.5 million to let him walk
I really hope Mayo restructures, but he could be really important as a run stuffer with Wilfork gone so I don't want him cut.

jbug617

Banned
Just throwing it out there but what happens if we are going to lose Revis, it doesn't make sense to keep Browner. They go together pretty well.

Bowser

Willis:

Today is my Future, Past, and Present all in one☺️😉 ... ...it's bigger than me, it always has been and it always will be...I thank you guys for everything, it has been an absolute pleasure....I look forward to the continuation of my journey... I feel full with something that needs to be out, and i just want to share it! Success is only as beautiful as our Consistency! My life is based On a True Concept! I know I'm not the only one! #learning #Understanding #Love #Joy
#Become #Manifest and #cultivate #🙇Matthew6:10 #sow #reap #harvest #Embrace #Zeal #Potential #Trinity #ConceptofPrinciples #TheGoodnews #TheGoodPrinciples #GodsPrinciples #GodsKingdom #Principles #Luke1:37 #Psalm18:32-33 #AlwaysBelieve #HumbleButHungry #Proverbs19:2 #Proverbs19:21 #Proverbs27:17 (Colossians 1:16) (TheGospelsParadoxinthisgeneration) #John6:38 #John15:9 #Hebrews11:1 The message! Purpose for Vision! #Proverbs29 I'm in love with these words I am here to do the work that my father sent me to do!

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Just throwing it out there but what happens if we are going to lose Revis, it doesn't make sense to keep Browner. They go together pretty well.

Agreed, could be a bad sign :(.

I really hope Mayo restructures, but he could be really important as a run stuffer with Wilfork gone so I don't want him cut.

Not sure he'll help very much, we'll see what he has left, especially given the pretty traumatic injury he had this year.

cdyhybrid

Today is my Future, Past, and Present all in one☺️😉 ... ...it's bigger than me, it always has been and it always will be...I thank you guys for everything, it has been an absolute pleasure....I look forward to the continuation of my journey... I feel full with something that needs to be out, and i just want to share it! Success is only as beautiful as our Consistency! My life is based On a True Concept! I know I'm not the only one! #learning #Understanding #Love #Joy
#Become #Manifest and #cultivate #🙇Matthew6:10 #sow #reap #harvest #Embrace #Zeal #Potential #Trinity #ConceptofPrinciples #TheGoodnews #TheGoodPrinciples #GodsPrinciples #GodsKingdom #Principles #Luke1:37 #Psalm18:32-33 #AlwaysBelieve #HumbleButHungry #Proverbs19:2 #Proverbs19:21 #Proverbs27:17 (Colossians 1:16) (TheGospelsParadoxinthisgeneration) #John6:38 #John15:9 #Hebrews11:1 The message! Purpose for Vision! #Proverbs29 I'm in love with these words I am here to do the work that my father sent me to do!
http://www.whosay.com/l/ibEag0j
http://www.whosay.com/l/WfBag0k

TL;DR: He found Jesus.

Bread

Banned
Willis:

Hashtags just jumped the shark

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Holy shit Willis... probably has plenty in the tank, just found God I guess. Sucks man seems like a waste of talent, but he's gotta do what he's gotta do.

Top Bottom