• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 2015 |OT2| Home of Baseball, Anime, Cricket, and Magic Johnson

Fmt join us pats fans, we are rooting for the new Willis and Bowman in Hightower and Collins!

giphy.gif

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
You completely missed the point in your blind rush to defend Golden Boy Tammy.

Your analogies... 1 of them doesn't quite fit.

You compared 3 ints to an overthrow (both hands on the ball, bad throw Edelman would've caught it though), and again all the other ones were playing from behind. It's a broken analogy

Patrick Willis will be back in the league in a few years after he blows all his money trying to start up a scam ministry.
He is going to join Tebow and start God's Team.

They'll tour like the Harlem Globetrotters, except instead of incredible ball skills they'll interrupt their games with impromptu sermons.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
FMT the better choice would be to root for DeAndre Levy, Stephen Tulloch, Tahir Whitehead, Kyle Van Noy aka the best LB unit in the NFL.

Restore the Roar.

Godslay

Banned
I can't believe people are making such a big deal about Andre Johnson. Dude is toast. Who cares about that scrub.

I watched an offseason workout video of Dre, Ocho Cinco, Antonio Brown, and another guy who I can't recall.

Everyone else looked pretty good. Brown and Ocho had magnificent footwork. Brown was god like in his cuts.

Dre sadly looked slow and clunky. Granted he is heavier than those guys, but he looked a bit old.

Maybe he can come back though probably could still be good given his experience.

FMT the better choice would be to root for DeAndre Levy, Stephen Tulloch, Tahir Whitehead, Kyle Van Noy aka the best LB unit in the NFL.

Restore the Roar.

they roughed me up tonight in madden so maybe!

you guys had your chance for me to be forever in your debt by beating the seachickens but you couldn't seal the deal. sorry brah, only the patriots can get that extra praise. the rest of my energy is used for hating the yorks

cdyhybrid

Your analogies... 1 of them doesn't quite fit.

You compared 3 ints to an overthrow (both hands on the ball, bad throw Edelman would've caught it though), and again all the other ones were playing from behind. It's a broken analogy

He was arguing that Russell wasn't a good QB because of one specific play that turned out badly. It's dumb. Unbunch your panties. There are numerous stats he could have tried to use (and failed), but instead he went with "He threw an interception once!"

Can he play inside?

No idea! He played OLB here and was mostly a special teams guy until injuries got him an opportunity to play on D.

Bread

Banned
they roughed me up tonight in madden so maybe!

you guys had your chance for me to be forever in your debt by beating the seachickens but you couldn't seal the deal. sorry brah, only the patriots can get that extra praise. the rest of my energy is used for hating the yorks
:')

We did it for you friend!

Pepiope

He was arguing that Russell wasn't a good QB because of one specific play that turned out badly. It's dumb. Unbunch your panties. There are numerous stats he could have tried to use (and failed), but instead he went with "He threw an interception once!"
I never said that Wilson wasn't a good QB, but carry on.

cdyhybrid

I never claimed that Wilson wasn't a good QB, but carry on.

You said he wasn't on the level of a system QB with zero legit rings, a guy with 1 ring, and a guy who hasn't even won a conference championship. You know exactly what you were doing.

The only one you can seriously make the argument for right now is Rodgers.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive

No idea! He played OLB here and was mostly a special teams guy until injuries got him an opportunity to play on D.

? Lol wait a minute you got all defensive when he said russell wasn't a great qb, and you responded with "lol remember when the eagles beat him" so he used the sb retort. I don't really care what you say about Tom, he's made far worse plays than that throw, and I won't hold one play against any qb unless they do it time and time again. You tried to deconstruct the other 3 QBs by highlighting single plays I get that, but one of them doesn't quite fit with the others.

Pepiope

You said he wasn't on the level of a system QB with zero legit rings, a guy with 1 ring, and a guy who hasn't even won a conference championship. You know exactly what you were doing.
He's not on the same level as Luck, Rodgers, and Brady. That's debatable?

msdstc

Incredibly Naive

The only one you can seriously make the argument for right now is Rodgers.

Dat salt. Would you honestly choose Wilson over luck?

Patriots7

That's right sorry, guess I just forgot given him being unavailable when it counted most :(. He was pretty awesome, but back then Jamie Collins wasn't there, DMC was still transitioning to safety, Hightower has emerged since, etc.

Browner was awesome in that he could get physical with bigger guys, but if it requires losing him to keep Revis it will be worth it.
Collins was there. DMC was as good as he usually is. This was a year ago.
Honestly, the only bad game of Talib's that I can remember was against the Panthers and Steve Smith. He was phenomenal with the Pats.

It's not, it's somewhere around 3-4m

edit- Make it dennard instead of DA, or throw him on top, saves almost 2mil and he disappeared last year. If it saves browner it's worth it.
Right, I had the wrong column.

cdyhybrid

? Lol wait a minute you got all defensive when he said russell wasn't a great qb, and you responded with "lol remember when the eagles beat him" so he used the sb retort. I don't really care what you say about Tom, he's made far worse plays than that throw, and I won't hold one play against any qb unless they do it time and time again. You tried to deconstruct the other 3 QBs by highlighting single plays I get that, but one of them doesn't quite fit with the others.

Whatever helps you sleep at night!

He's not on the same level as Luck, Rodgers, and Brady. That's debatable?

Yes, it absolutely is.

Rodgers probably not, but the other two? Absolutely.

Dat salt. Would you honestly choose Wilson over luck?

You respond to me a lot for someone who doesn't care what I say! I'd probably choose Luck, but Russell has had the better career so far, that's not debatable. Who knows if Luck ever grows out of his tendency to throw awful interceptions?

I'm ultimately disappointed that people in this thread are even making me have to spell this out. Russell isn't that good, but the state of QBing in the NFL is so shitty that I don't even need 1 hand to count the guys I'd take over him.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Collins was there. DMC was as good as he usually is. This was a year ago.
Honestly, the only bad game of Talib's that I can remember was against the Panthers and Steve Smith. He was phenomenal with the Pats.

Right, I had the wrong column.

Jamie was there, but he didn't emerge until late in the season and he had a great run, but now he's fully integrated. Talib was great I'm not saying he wasn't, I'm legitimately saying I almost forgot Talib given what happened to the defense anytime he was out. The defense was managable when he was out there, and Revis is even better than him. Hightower and Collins have improved, DMC has improved, etc. Going back to 12-13 first off wouldn't happen since they're better now, and second wouldn't be bad if they stay healthy. (wilfork and Mayo were also both gone, and outside of the ACL revis has been fine health wise unlike talib)

fmt why you hate jesus

i don't hate jesus! he's a cool dude. i'm not a fan of organized religion but over the years i've cooled it down quite a bit and just kind of have a "whatever you want to believe in is cool with me man!" attitude towards some of this stuff. however, every now and again i just can't help it and have to roll my eyes. i think if religion or playing music or playing games or playing sports or banging or whatever else you're interested in enriches your life then more power to you! i hope pwill finds what he is looking for and doesn't end up like glenn coffee :(

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Whatever helps you sleep at night!

Yes, it absolutely is.

Rodgers probably not, but the other two? Absolutely.

You respond to me a lot for someone who doesn't care what I say! I'd probably choose Luck, but Russell has had the better career so far, that's not debatable. Who knows if Luck ever grows out of his tendency to throw awful interceptions?

I'm ultimately disappointed that people in this thread are even making me have to spell this out. Russell isn't that good, but the state of QBing in the NFL is so shitty that I don't even need 1 hand to count the guys I'd take over him.

I used to respond to you a lot more, I've since learned to ignore the trolling. That being said, you're flat out wrong in this argument. Of course Russell has had a better career, he has the best running back in the league and one of the best defenses of all time. Russ hasn't had many weapons at all (outside of beastmode), but Luck's arsenal hasn't been anything special either, ESPECIALLY when you consider how awful the rushing attack is whenever Ahmad gets hurt, which is early and often.

If you put Luck on that Seahawks team and Russ on the colts, who would have the better career to this point?

fmt why you hate jesus

God's now talked to 2 49ers in 5 years and convinced them to quit rather than stay in San Fran, yet hasn't been merciful enough to do the same for any of its fans

Why's Patrick Willis good enough to leave, but FMT trapped

smdh, the worst god

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
i don't hate jesus! he's a cool dude. i'm not a fan of organized religion but over the years i've cooled it down quite a bit and just kind of have a "whatever you want to believe in is cool with me man!" attitude towards some of this stuff. however, every now and again i just can't help it and have to roll my eyes. i think if religion or playing music or playing games or playing sports or banging or whatever else you're interested in enriches your life then more power to you! i hope pwill finds what he is looking for and doesn't end up like glenn coffee :(

I forgot about Glenn Coffee! Amazing.

Do you need a hug, brother? Not even a half ass one but one like Harbs is giving small hands there. Come join the Red Sea where we can continue to shit on the Chickens, together. We will crush them to take over the NFC Best.

the only thing that will cheer me up is if jed york sells the team to me for whatever money i can scrounge up!

my first order of business would be to rehire one jimmy harbs as president, CEO, GM, coach and my personal new best friend. my second order of business is to hire jgar as my other best friend/yes man/pussy getter. my final order of business is to acquire alex back and make sure he and harbs are on good terms for our superbowl run. then once that is done we ride boys! we ride!!!!!!!!!

Willis:

Today is my Future, Past, and Present all in one☺️😉 ... ...it's bigger than me, it always has been and it always will be...I thank you guys for everything, it has been an absolute pleasure....I look forward to the continuation of my journey... I feel full with something that needs to be out, and i just want to share it! Success is only as beautiful as our Consistency! My life is based On a True Concept! I know I'm not the only one! #learning #Understanding #Love #Joy
#Become #Manifest and #cultivate #🙇Matthew6:10 #sow #reap #harvest #Embrace #Zeal #Potential #Trinity #ConceptofPrinciples #TheGoodnews #TheGoodPrinciples #GodsPrinciples #GodsKingdom #Principles #Luke1:37 #Psalm18:32-33 #AlwaysBelieve #HumbleButHungry #Proverbs19:2 #Proverbs19:21 #Proverbs27:17 (Colossians 1:16) (TheGospelsParadoxinthisgeneration) #John6:38 #John15:9 #Hebrews11:1 The message! Purpose for Vision! #Proverbs29 I'm in love with these words I am here to do the work that my father sent me to do!
You know a team did wrong when even Jesus is calling players to leave.

Seriously though, good for him. Hopefully it's authentic.

the only thing that will cheer me up is if jed york sells the team to me for whatever money i can scrounge up!

my first order of business would be to rehire one jimmy harbs as president, CEO, GM, coach and my personal new best friend. my second order of business is to hire jgar as my other best friend/yes man/pussy getter. my final order of business is to acquire alex back and make sure he and harbs are on good terms for our superbowl run. then once that is done we ride boys! we ride!!!!!!!!!

Dream well brother, dream well. I know that feeling though, it's how I've felt about the Suns regarding Sarver for years.

cdyhybrid

I used to respond to you a lot more, I've since learned to ignore the trolling.

Yet you keep responding to my supposed trolling. Seems like you either don't actually believe I'm trolling, or you like to argue with trolls - which would make it exceedingly unlikely (in my eyes) that I can trust you for nuanced and objective analysis of things involving subjects you're passionate about (such as your sports team).

That being said, you're flat out wrong in this argument. Of course Russell has had a better career, he has the best running back in the league and one of the best defenses of all time. Russ hasn't had many weapons at all (outside of beastmode), but Luck's arsenal hasn't been anything special either, ESPECIALLY when you consider how awful the rushing attack is whenever Ahmad gets hurt, which is early and often.

TY Hilton alone is better than anyone Russell has ever had to throw to. Not to mention Reggie Wayne before he fell off a cliff, TEs actually capable of catching passes, and a better OL.

If you put Luck on that Seahawks team and Russ on the colts, who would have the better career to this point?

Speaking of dumb arguments...

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Yet you keep responding to my supposed trolling. Seems like you either don't actually believe I'm trolling, or you like to argue with trolls - which would make it exceedingly unlikely (in my eyes) that I can trust you for nuanced and objective analysis of things involving subjects you're passionate about (such as your sports team).

TY Hilton alone is better than anyone Russell has ever had to throw to. Not to mention Reggie Wayne before he fell off a cliff, TEs actually capable of catching passes, and a better OL.

Speaking of dumb arguments...

Hey not everything you say is trolling, however it's gotten blatantly obvious when you're tossing bait out there. In this case I was surprised to see you actually get mad, pepiope really rustled your feathers there.

If you read my post I said Russ hasn't really had weapons, but again- Marshawn Lynch is leagues better than anybody Luck has ever had. Hilton is good, but he emerged once Wayne was done, so he's really only ever had 1 guy and nobody else. Russ has been given less pressure because of the team he is on, the ball is always in Lucks hands, which is why he turns it over a lot since their only running threat is literally the worst RB of all time.

Russell is a damn good QB... Luck has a chance to be one of the greats. Russell on this colts team would not be routinely getting to the playoffs.

edit- Lol I can't believe I'm arguing who is better, Russell Wilson or Andrew Luck, this is insanity.

minx

Bears interested in another TE. Two tight end sets would help alleviate the pain of losing Marshall. Not sure who else is out there though besides Cameron.

Tabris

Can someone explain to me how different teams have different salary caps? I never understood this. Like the Jaguars have a cap of $167m, more than $20m over the actual cap. What is this from?

Narag

Only one .gif? I could link you a whole page's worth of .gifs for Luke Willson alone!

Glancing at the stats, Luke Wilson has caught 70.5% of his targets with 42 receptions on 68 targets.
Fleener is at a healthy 56.5% with 129 receptions on 228 targets. I know it's a small sample, it's not all on him, and I'm no football guru myself but I'd be wary of the guy who makes the catch only half the time.

ampere

it's more 1a, 1b at this point. MAYBE rodgers is better, but he only has one ring and he's been in the league for far longer.

It's not all his fault. Rodgers didn't call two field goals and 4th and 1 at the goal, Rodgers didn't botch an onside kick, Rodgers didn't allow a 30 yard air ball 2pt

Rodgers is often better than his team shows. Plus he's had injuries at bad times

Top Bottom