• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 2015 |OT2| Home of Baseball, Anime, Cricket, and Magic Johnson

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
stop with the luck vs. wussle arguments. luck has one thing no other QB has: great punting ability

*Ahem*

matthew-stafford-avoids-getting-hit-against-giants.gif

stafford.gif

Restore the Roar

#FireTheBevell2015

DAVIS HSU @DavisHsuSeattle · 27m 27 minutes ago
My guess on Cary Williams APY?....$4.6M...we will see tomorrow

Mike Sando, ESPN.com @SandoESPN · 9m 9 minutes ago
@FO_ScottKacsmar 22 players since '11 have >10 INTs, counting playoffs. Includes Sherman (26), Thomas (13), Chancellor (11), Williams (11)

DAVIS HSU @DavisHsuSeattle · 5m 5 minutes ago
SEA Starting Def. Now: CB Sherman, CB Williams, S Thomas,S Chancellor,LB Wagner,LB Wright,LB Irvin,DE Avril,DE Bennett,DT Mebane,DT McDaniel

Cary Williams is ok, you can just count on him to be a bonehead in crucial situations and give up a penalty on what would have been a stop.

Spinluck

They are better at pass protecting than ours is. Russell's scrambling ability prevents so many sacks, it's a goddamn miracle we aren't dead last in passing offense.

Based on what though?

You don't think Luck constantly buys us time? He doesn't run as much as he could, but he's every bit as good as Russell inside the pocket. Outside the pocket is where Russell is unmatched.

*Ahem*

matthew-stafford-avoids-getting-hit-against-giants.gif

stafford.gif

Restore the Roar

sorry, i should have qualified any QB comparison that they must have won a playoff game. here are QB's we can discuss:

wussle
luck
tim tebow
trent dilfer
kap
jake delhomme
erik kramer
tj yates
mark sanchez
jay fiedler
tommy maddox
alex smith

those are the QB's we can talk about

minx

sorry, i should have qualified any QB comparison that they must have won a playoff game. here are QB's we can discuss:

wussle
luck
tim tebow
trent dilfer
kap
jake delhomme
erik kramer
tj yates
mark sanchez
jay fiedler
tommy maddox
alex smith

Even Cutler has won one a playoff game!

wussle
luck
tim tebow
trent dilfer
kap
jake delhomme
erik kramer
tj yates
mark sanchez
jay fiedler
tommy maddox
alex smith

Wow Tommy Maddox FMT. You should add Frank Reich too. He has a playoff win too right?

Syrinx

wussle
luck
tim tebow
trent dilfer
kap
jake delhomme
erik kramer
tj yates
mark sanchez
jay fiedler
tommy maddox
alex smith

But you forgot Flacco. He won a playoff game.

cdyhybrid

Based on what though?

You don't think Luck constantly buys us time? He doesn't run as much as he could, but he's every bit as good as Russell inside the pocket. Outside the pocket is where Russell is unmatched.

Based on the fact that our O-line sucks ass at pass blocking.

MechDX

wussle
luck
tim tebow
trent dilfer
kap
jake delhomme
erik kramer
tj yates
mark sanchez
jay fiedler
tommy maddox
alex smith

TJ TJ TJ TJ!!!

I miss TJ. :(

Wow Tommy Maddox FMT. You should add Frank Reich too. He has a playoff win too right?

Fuck frank Reich. You should hate him as well. Technically it is your teams history

So am I the only one who gets confused as to why people make a big deal if a team overspends for a player?

The only thing that matters in an NFL contract is the guaranteed money. If a player decides to cash it in and sucks then he gets cut and thats it the team moves on.

Also adding on to the overspending, it is almost a requirement for shitty teams.

Julius Thomas had offers from the Jags and Seahawks, if the Jags had offered the same amount as the Seahawks there is no possible chance he chooses them over Seattle.

When your team is crap you have to overspend or free agents wont even glance your way.

Devin McCourty was on Mike and Mike this morning even saying the same thing, he had a large offer from the Jags but ended up taking a hometown discount because the Patriots have a chance to win a SuperBowl every year while the Jags dont.

Because not all spending is equal. You have to figure out where your team is on the win curve and how said player will fit into your roster age and talent wise and how over spending on him will cripple your ability to add talent at other positions.

In order to be competitive you have to stock up on a lot of depth/talent on cheaper contracts and fill out your roster with stars at a few positions.

Spinluck

Based on the fact that our O-line sucks ass at pass blocking.

Ok, I get that, but have you really watched enough Colts games to say ours is better at pass blocking? Even though we were graded worse in pass blocking and haven't had the same starting o-line in consecutive games until the playoffs this season?

Are we also going to ignore that he's been the most hit QB since 2012? I think Russ is a fine QB, but simply put, I do not think he covers as many holes as Luck does. Russ was completely bailed out by his team in the NFCC after putting up one of the years finest shit shows. Luck shits the bed and we get every Colts vs Pats game in the Pagano/Luck era.

Also, posting Wilson's (TE) stats means very little considering Luck throws far more than Russ does. Multiple TE sets are also a gigantic part of our offense, I'm failing to see how this translates into Luck having far more talent around him when his receivers led the league in drops. For now it's Luck, then TY. Allen is good, Fleener is replaceable. Crief shows promise, and Nicks probably doesn't come back. The only great year he got out of Wayne was his first year with Wayne. TY only really began to emerge after we lost Avery and Wayne's injury in 2013.

cdyhybrid

Ok, I get that, but have you really watched enough Colts games to say ours is better at pass blocking? Even though we were graded worse in pass blocking and haven't had the same starting o-line in consecutive games until the playoffs this season?

Are we also going to ignore that he's been the most hit QB since 2012? I think Russ is a fine QB, but simply put, I do not think he covers as many holes as Luck does. Russ was completely bailed out by his team in the NFCC after putting up one of the years finest shit shows. Luck shits the bed and we get every Colts vs Pats game in the Pagano/Luck era.

Also, posting Wilson's (TE) stats means very little considering Luck throws far more than Russ does. Multiple TE sets are also a gigantic part of our offense, I'm failing to see how this translates into Luck having far more talent around him when his receivers led the league in drops. For now it's Luck, then TY. Allen is good, Fleener is replaceable. Crief shows promise, and Nicks probably doesn't come back. The only great year he got out of Wayne was his first year with Wayne.

He had one less drop despite having less than half the targets, and nearly twice the drop percentage. Not sure how that's not clear evidence that Willson is worse.

Also, the Colts' O-line gave up 13 less sacks than ours did despite facing 207 more pass attempts, so I'm not really sure what to say there either.

Spinluck

Never said Fleener wasn't better. But I can't level with you using drops as the some barometer for pure talent. Yes, Luck has had the better receivers, but it's not by as much as you're making it seem. He deals with drops like everyone else. Poor Russell though, he gets Lynch while Luck gets to start with a different RB every other month or so! Must suck having a RB good enough to open up things for the offense.

Sacks only tell half the story. Luck gets hit far more and we had a make shift line all year. The differences between both lines seem so marginal that I'm not sure the difference is as much as you imply.

cdyhybrid

Never said Fleener wasn't better. But I can't level with you using drops as the some barometer for pure talent. Yes, Luck has had the better receivers, but it's not by as much as you're making it seem. He deals with drops like everyone else. Poor Russell though, he gets Lynch while Luck gets to start with a different RB every other month or so! Must suck having a RB good enough to open up things for the offense.

Sacks only tell half the story. Luck gets hit far more and we had a make shift line all year. The differences between both lines seem so marginal that I'm not sure the difference is as much as you imply.

Doesn't matter if you have Lynch if you don't use him!

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Loser franchises.... I wonder who has last won a SuperBowl, Bucs or Lions?

The 1985 Bears SB is as relevant as the 1950s Bobby Layne Detroit Lions decade of dominance. No one remembers that 1985 SB except Bears fans.

Daily reminder Matthew Stafford is better than any QB the Bears have ever had. Enjoy your hunt for a franchise QB.

2014-11-2711_06_28.gif

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
I hope that one day Kas will actually watch a Lions game and realise that he's been posting complete bollocks all this time.

I've watched almost every game after the 2008 debacle. I was rocking a Charlie Batch jersey in middle school.

Matthew Stafford is a franchise QB, the best QB the Lions have ever had and the best chance we have at a Super Bowl.

#WatchTheFilm
#CheckTheStats

Restore the Roar.

Hammer24

Banned
I've watched almost every game after the 2008 debacle. I was rocking a Charlie Batch jersey in middle school.

Matthew Stafford is a franchise QB, the best QB the Lions have ever had and the best chance we have at a Super Bowl.

#WatchTheFilm
#CheckTheStats

Restore the Roar.

#WatchTheFilm
#CheckTheStats

Restore the Roar.

Damn I'm sorry you got bullied in your teenage years it must of suck. I don't know what it feels like but I heard it's bad. Please don't kill yourself. NFL-GAF is always here for you. Let all the bad memories go and live for the future.

#StopBullying

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Damn I'm sorry you got bullied in your teenage years it must of suck. I don't know what it feels like but I heard it's bad. Please don't kill yourself. NFL-GAF is always here for you. Let all the bad memories go and live for the future.

#StopBullying

I wore that #10 jersey with the confidence of Matthew Stafford in a 2 minute 4th quarter game winning drive.

Striker

Ralph Vacchiano ‏@RVacchianoNYDN 11m11 minutes ago

Haven't seen the specifics of Jon Beason's "restructure" yet, but I'm told it was mostly a pay cut that will clear about $3M in cap space.
Another report was different, but it appears to be around the same ballpark.

Ebenezer Samuel ‏@ebenezersamuel 28m28 minutes ago Bronx, NY

There's a very good chance that the Giants can sign Shane Vereen, per source.
Signing Vereen would be really nice, although I'm concerned about his price range.

That they lost out on Brandon Graham is completely cool with me, especially at that price. Still I'm hoping they land a starting caliber DE somewhere in FA. They were looking at Adrian Clayborn too, but ehh.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
There are rumblings of Detroit being after Demarco Murray.

I don't even know what to say if that happens and they don't improve the OL.

Arc

The 1985 Bears SB is as relevant as the 1950s Bobby Layne Detroit Lions decade of dominance. No one remembers that 1985 SB except Bears fans.

Daily reminder Matthew Stafford is better than any QB the Bears have ever had. Enjoy your hunt for a franchise QB.

Pats fans remember :(

Crisco

Banned
Yeah, just found a couple strange services sitting in my task manager. Deleted all the files related to them I could find and am running scanner software now.

Top Bottom