• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 2015 |OT2| Home of Baseball, Anime, Cricket, and Magic Johnson

effzee

If Bucs make a move for Murray they have to trade for Foles!

Why waste Murray by pairing with a rookie when you can have seasoned vet and Glennon look alike Foles day 1?

effzee

Moving up to grab him will cost the Eagles big time. Could be worth it but I'd be scared. If he busts Chip could just pull a Saban and retreat back to CFB.

I don't know why people bring this up as if the Eagles need to worry about Chip leaving. No Chip needs to worry about being fired if this doesn't work out.

Plus even if we give up the farm for Mariota, the new rookie scale makes it so that we won't be tied to a terrible rookie QB contract. Plus considering the Eagles are always salary cap champs, even if we don't have all our draft picks they will have wiggle room.

Then again I'm not as obsessed with draft picks as most fans are.

ParityBit

Browns interested in Revis

Everyone wants Revis ... but does Revis want the Browns?!

I believe the NY Jets or Patriots or bust. I do not feel there will be some other team that swoops in (I have been wrong before)

Jets, more overall money and treated like a king in NY.
Pats, Chance to win it all but only a cog in the machine but still be highest paid corner back.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
If he's willing to play for the Jets then he should be willing to play with the Browns. The Browns are the better team right now, sad as that is to say.

Sanjuro

Everyone wants Revis ... but does Revis want the Browns?!

I believe the NY Jets or Patriots or bust. I do not feel there will be some other team that swoops in (I have been wrong before)

Jets, more overall money and treated like a king in NY.
Pats, Chance to win it all but only a cog in the machine but still be highest paid corner back.

Why would Revis say no to the Browns and yes to the Jets?

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
I just want to resign Bulaga and sign maybe one or two other low-medium quality guys for depth. That'd make it a good Packers free agent season.

Bowser

Greg Hardy update:

Greg Arias ‏@TNFBExaminer 22m22 minutes ago
Per league source, Titans have inquired about Greg Hardy. Told Indy is the leader and Jags willing to open the wallett. Also if Revis (1/2)

bolts, Belli and Pats will go hard after him too. Could hear from NFL on possible suspension by tomorrow. (2/2)

So AFC South, outside chance of Pats if Revis leaves

ParityBit

Why would Revis say no to the Browns and yes to the Jets?

Did you follow what happened there? With the Jet's he was treated as a "starting quarterback" was. With the Patriots he can win, in both cases he will get paid.

He has ties to both, so I am not so sure there is a reason to go to the Browns/Chiefs/etc, mainly because the Jets will match any offer. That is how I see it anyways.

Jeez, I don't mind Hardy or anything, but I'd love to see them go after Revis. Him and Davis as our corners would take up a bunch of money, but if they could pay him big up front and less on the backend (so we can pay Luck), that would be HUGE.

(Let a man dream...)

Sanjuro

Did you follow what happened there? With the Jet's he was treated as a "starting quarterback" was. With the Patriots he can win, in both cases he will get paid.

He has ties to both, so I am not so sure there is a reason to go to the Browns/Chiefs/etc, mainly because the Jets will match any offer. That is how I see it anyways.

I'm well aware what is happening here.

What you are saying is money doesn't matter to him, being treated as a "starting quarterback" is all that matters for a corner.

Eh...

ParityBit

I'm well aware what is happening here.

What you are saying is money doesn't matter to him, being treated as a "starting quarterback" is all that matters for a corner.

Eh...

Money does matter. But why can't you have both?! I am a Pat's fan BTW so you know my allegiance.

Spinluck

Jeez, I don't mind Hardy or anything, but I'd love to see them go after Revis. Him and Davis as our corners would take up a bunch of money, but if they could pay him big up front and less on the backend (so we can pay Luck), that would be HUGE.

(Let a man dream...)

We don't need a corner as good as Revis. I'd say DB is the least of our worries on defense. Vontae is top 3 tier, Tohler is a good #2, Butler has been good in the slot, we do need a safety though. Was hoping McCourtey would leave the Pats, but it looks like that's not happening. Adams has been good and Brown shows promise though, he played better than Landry's ole roided ass in some stretches.

We need some edge rushing LBs and some talent on the DL.

EDIT: I forgot that half of our D is in prison. We need an entirely different set of linebackers.

DMczaf

Roy Cummings ‏@RCummingsTBO · 3 Min.Vor 3 Minuten
"@RapSheet: If DeMarco Murray doesn’t hear from #Cowboys by 4 p.m., teams in the mix: #Cardinals, #Jaguars, maybe #Bucs." Been saying this

Roy Cummings ‏@RCummingsTBO · 2 Min.Vor 2 Minuten
Been saying for a few days I thought Bucs might make a run at a top FA RB. it seems @RapSheet believes same could happen

DMBall goes into Hyper Drive.

Spinluck

Greg Hardy update:

Per league source, Titans have inquired about Greg Hardy. Told Indy is the leader and Jags willing to open the wallett. Also if Revis (1/2)

bolts, Belli and Pats will go hard after him too. Could hear from NFL on possible suspension by tomorrow. (2/2)

So AFC South, outside chance of Pats if Revis leaves

Hey Bowser Jr, how much does Hardy have left in the tank? On a scale of Luck to Peyton.

gutshot

Lance Zierlein @LanceZierlein
Got this from someone close to 80: "Dre on owners private jet headed to Indy. He called Gore & they agreed both to Indy. Philly wanted both"

Thanks a lot, Stephen A.

Colasante

I don't believe the report that the Patriots will chase Greg Hardy if they can't re-sign Revis, but they would have a lot of cash to spend and nowhere to spend it.

effzee

Mike Garafolo @MikeGarafolo
Former Raiders S Tyvon Branch to the Chiefs. One-year deal.

Safety market dried up in a hurry.

Him signing with Chiefs means Parker is leaving?

Looked into Parker and he graded out pretty low. So did Gilchrist from SD. But they also seem to be the guys Eagles are targeting.

Then again Nate Allen somehow graded well and no one would claim him to be anything better than garbage.

No one wants to sign with Chip when he will cut good players for mediocre white replacements.

Thanks a lot, Stephen A.

They see Indy as being closer to a SB, plain and simple.

Him signing with Chiefs means Parker is leaving?

Looked into Parker and he graded out pretty low. So did Gilchrist from SD. But they also seem to be the guys Eagles are targeting.

Then again Nate Allen somehow graded well and no one would claim him to be anything better than garbage.

No one wants to sign with Chip when he will cut good players for mediocre white replacements.

Are you talking about Shady? Because that trade was basically good in every way. This is about players wanting to win SBs in the near future.

Colasante

I think, with Gore and Johnson, they both know they have 2-3 years left max. They can play with Andrew Luck or they can play with Nick Foles and Mark Sanchez (and the theoretical possibility of rookie Marcus Mariota). I think they made a logical choice, and it probably doesn't have anything to do with Chip cutting players.

gutshot

I think, with Gore and Johnson, they both know they have 2-3 years left max. They can play with Andrew Luck or they can play with Nick Foles and Mark Sanchez (and the theoretical possibility of rookie Marcus Mariota). I think they made a logical choice, and it probably doesn't have anything to do with Chip cutting players.

Exactly. In this league, it is ALL about the franchise QB.

Which is why I'm on the #MariotaOrBust train.

Tom Penny

I don't believe the report that the Patriots will chase Greg Hardy if they can't re-sign Revis, but they would have a lot of cash to spend and nowhere to spend it.

Money and Hardy wouldn't even matter. Dude is going to get incentive based prove it one year deals. Only idiots would throw bank at him AKA not the Pats.

Spinluck

Thanks a lot, Stephen A.

Looks like Indy is the new get away for banged upp olds. Having a few vets shouldn't hurt though.

Who will hold it down now that Bigfork is gone?

He's still very much in his prime. Assuming no fall off from not playing last year.

He's only 26

EDIT: And fuck you for calling me Bowser Jr. !

Thanks friend.

Striker

Giants only offered Brandon Graham a 1-yr deal. Not sure what's up with that.

Also they're looking at Searcy from Buffalo and also George Johnson, DE from Detroit.

Colasante

Jets signed Bilal Powell, which apparently takes them out of the running for Shane Vereen or CJ Spiller. I'm glad, I was afraid of Spiller in that offense.

BigAT

Giants only offered Brandon Graham a 1-yr deal. Not sure what's up with that.

Also they're looking at Searcy from Buffalo and also George Johnson, DE from Detroit.

I'm surprised they were seemingly in it until the end with Graham if that was truly the case.

George Johnson? Maybe he can fulfill my Rutgers-NYG connection after McCourty let me down.

We don't need a corner as good as Revis. I'd say DB is the least of our worries on defense. Vontae is top 3 tier, Tohler is a good #2, Butler has been good in the slot, we do need a safety though. Was hoping McCourtey would leave the Pats, but it looks like that's not happening. Adams has been good and Brown shows promise though, he played better than Landry's ole roided ass in some stretches.

We need some edge rushing LBs and some talent on the DL.

EDIT: I forgot that half of our D is in prison. We need an entirely different set of linebackers.
I just feel like going after a 4-3 DE feels worse and out of scheme vs. going after a man coverage DB, which fits scheme perfectly.

I don't mind beefing up the front seven, because I agree that is a bigger concern (other than safety). Just not sure how I feel about going after guys like Hardy and Fairley, who don't fit scheme. I guess Robert Mathis figured it out...I just don't know.

So frustrating to have such a great young QB and not be able to figure out the trenches. Back in Peyton's days, with those big contracts, I can better understand it. But now? Just more frustrating.

Jay Cutler will QB Bears in 2015

The Chicago Bears fully expect that Jay Cutler will be their quarterback for the 2015 season, according to team sources with direct knowledge of the team's plans.

One source was adamant that there was "absolutely zero truth" to recent reports that Cutler was being actively shopped for a potential trade.

fErcqWD.gif

Top Bottom