• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 2015 |OT2| Home of Baseball, Anime, Cricket, and Magic Johnson

Fox318

3AnYdPn.jpg

brentech

AdamSchefter:
Now we know why DeMarco Murray has deleted Cowboys' references on his Twitter account: team has not called him since last week, per source.

Dude is wound up.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
AdamSchefter:
Now we know why DeMarco Murray has deleted Cowboys' references on his Twitter account: team has not called him since last week, per source.

Dude is wound up.

Welcome to Detroit, DeMarco.

People are linking Spiller to Dallas now.

AdamSchefter:

Dude is wound up.

Which is stupid because the cowboys SAID they were going to let him test free agency

Dude is mad because it turns out theres not 31 other teams killin eachother to pick him up

And the more I think about it, the more I'm glad we resigned Free, especially for the contract that they gave him. on his very best play, Jeremy Parnell was below average at best and 5/$32M is hilarious.

Pepiope

He had one less drop despite having less than half the targets, and nearly twice the drop percentage. Not sure how that's not clear evidence that Willson is worse.

Also, the Colts' O-line gave up 13 less sacks than ours did despite facing 207 more pass attempts, so I'm not really sure what to say there either.
You do understand that sacks can fall on the quarterback too right? Changing up the play, reading through progressions faster, pocket awareness, etc.

That stat just proves Andrew Luck is better at reading a defense.

effzee

If the Eagles are hell bent on signing a FA RB, I don't see how they don't look at Spiller.

Perfect compliment with Sproles. Younger than Gore too. Sure injury prone but that doesn't seem to bother the Eagles.

Sign him and juice him Chip!

Is Lamar Miller from Miami available ?

Tom Penny

LoL at Murray. A running back that has success behind the best O line in the league is mad his former team thinks he can be replaced.

LevelNth

Banned
The difference in the Niners salary cap from this morning to yesterday morning is insane. We had like ~$2m available, and now this morning we have over $20m, even more if Justin Smith actually does retire.

effzee

I guess with resigning Brandon Graham, presumably to start at LOLB and be a full time player, the Eagles are out of the running for Worilds?

Hope Graham's production in limited time only gets better with a full time role. Only hesitation here is that he converted from a 4-3 DE and isn't a natural 3-4 LB. Worilds might have been a better fit for only that reason.

Packers fans what is the general opinion on Tavon House? Seeing him linked to the Eagles quite a bit.

effzee

53fd4a3555678.jpg

Your idea might be somewhat prophetic, though. Miller will be a FA after this season and if he has another good year he will expect to get paid. Could end up a cap casualty thanks to Suh and Tannehill (presumably).

And Foles did have his best season under Lazor.

Think about it and get back to me.

ampere

Foles is no A-a-ron, but come on guys. He's not that bad

You can blame Chip for the playoff loss two years ago, dude needs to respect possession time control. I think Foles thrives under a good system somewhere

Respect

Glad that McCourty is back...unfortunate we will probably lose Browner, but if it means keeping Revis this is an easy choice. Wondering what the plan will be opposite Browner if we can't retain him. FA, draft, rely on the guys on the roster to step up? No way the team can replace his size either.

brentech

RT @corryjoel: Cobb's 4-year, $40M deal is structured like most other #Packers deals ($13M-signing bonus & $3.5M-March 2016 roster bonus).

It seems that taking Mariota is likely going to happen at this point... *hold me* if he's a bust we are in for a looooong stretch of seasons.
Moving up to grab him will cost the Eagles big time. Could be worth it but I'd be scared. If he busts Chip could just pull a Saban and retreat back to CFB.

ampere

Glad that McCourty is back...unfortunate we will probably lose Browner, but if it means keeping Revis this is an easy choice. Wondering what the plan will be opposite Browner if we can't retain him. FA, draft, rely on the guys on the roster to step up? No way the team can replace his size either.

Yeah we need a big guy to fill that role. Not sure what the plan is

Is it certain Browner will leave?

No, but we will know soon

ParityBit

He is only being shopped to see his market value for restructure. No one thinks he is going anywhere.

Edit: I have been wrong before though :p

Respect

Is it certain Browner will leave?

Wouldn't say it is done that he is gone, but I am sure someone will pay him significantly more than NE will. I am sure Bill would want him back, just at a lesser amount. Guess it depends on if he wants to take less to play in NE and how much less he would be willing to take. The market just doesn't have many CB available and add to the fact Browner is rare among CB for just his sheer size.

He is only being shopped to see his market value for restructure. No one thinks he is going anywhere.

I certainly may be jumping the gun, it just feels like that though to me.

ParityBit

I certainly may be jumping the gun, it just feels like that though to me.

We will know by 4PM, but I seriously doubt they will drop both CB's. If they do not get Revis, they have a ton of cash, plus they still have to deal with Mayo and Amendola contracts (reductions).

eznark

Banned
Randall Cobb is such a good dude. Said in hindsight he wished he hadn't bothered testing the market because it just led to negativity and false accusations as teams and agents tried to use him.

I'm thankful I was able to see what the market value was, and see that business side of it. I'd be glad to not go through it again.

Even bigger discount in three years, Randall!

ACE 1991

Moving up to grab him will cost the Eagles big time. Could be worth it but I'd be scared. If he busts Chip could just pull a Saban and retreat back to CFB.

Yep. But (having not watched much college football), it seems like if he's going to break out and be successful anywhere, it'll be with Chip in his scheme.

Fuck
Falcons probably loosing both Spoon and Corey Peters to the Cards.
muh D

Seriously though, Falcons have made no noise so far.
Not sure how to feel about that.

brentech

Randall Cobb is such a good dude. Said in hindsight he wished he hadn't bothered testing the market because it just led to negativity and false accusations as teams and agents tried to use him.

Even bigger discount in three years, Randall!
Just melts my heart.

manfestival

since lovie is making all of these defensive moves.... I wonder if our changes to the offense are going to be even worth anything. what is the point of getting a QB as the number 1 draft pick if he cant be protected?

eznark

Banned
Fuck
Falcons probably loosing both Spoon and Corey Peters to the Cards.
muh D

Seriously though, Falcons have made no noise so far.
Not sure how to feel about that.

Sounds like they are getting OBrien Schofield. It takes a Badger to beat a Badger so that's good news for you.

josina anderson said:
Mike Wallace to me on whether he is open to a pay cut or restructuring his deal if asked: “Like I said I am willing to help out the team, but at the same time I’m not about to do nothing crazy either. I’ll definitely help the team out, but it has to be reasonable—what I feel is reasonable.”

On what he feels is reasonable:

"I don’t know. I have to see what exactly what my agent and the team is talking about and whatever I feel is reasonable. It’s not set like this is what it is. If we come to an agreement, I’m with it. Like I said, I’m not about to do something too crazy. I still have a family that comes first."

Sounds like he's staying

chualie

I just realized Cobb is only 24 years old. That means when he's done his current 4 year contract, he'll be 28 and in his prime. Smart move. Man is gonna get paid big his next contract.

Hammer24

Banned
Roy Cummings ‏@RCummingsTBO · 3 Min.Vor 3 Minuten
"@RapSheet: If DeMarco Murray doesn’t hear from #Cowboys by 4 p.m., teams in the mix: #Cardinals, #Jaguars, maybe #Bucs." Been saying this

Roy Cummings ‏@RCummingsTBO · 2 Min.Vor 2 Minuten
Been saying for a few days I thought Bucs might make a run at a top FA RB. it seems @RapSheet believes same could happen

Top Bottom