• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 2015 |OT2| Home of Baseball, Anime, Cricket, and Magic Johnson

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
B_v2_w4VEAE8qP5.jpg:large

I hate our fanbase sometimes.

effzee

First they get Herremans, then they steal Gore from us, now they sign Cole?

And Dre. Chip wanted Johnson but apparently him and Gore are super close and together decided they rather play together in Indy than in Philly.

Nice. Glad to see Cole on a good team. I wish he was still in Philly though.

I loved Cole but if it came down to him or retaining Graham, I'm glad Eagles kept Graham.

Why do you keep assuming Chip does not want Maclin? It's not like he was cut from the team. I am sure Chip would love to have him around. Maclin wants more money than the the Eagles have to give him, and he wants to play for Reid in his hometown. How is that Chips fault? The McCoy trade was a good trade no matter how you look at it. DeSean was a year ago and the team finished with the same record without him. I really do not get your point of view.

Why would the team pay more for Foles than Sanchez when Foles is still on his rookie contract? Does that make sense to you?

Team had the same record without DeSean because Maclin picked up where DeSean left off. But now he is gone too. So is McCoy. It was reasonable they still finished 10-6 last year without Desean but that doesn't mean they can do it again with the offense the shape it's in right now.

Let's not be stupid here and downplay Desean's impact. In fact if he is starting opposite Maclin on this team last year instead of the waste of space that is Cooper, there is no doubt in my mind that the Eagles win 2-3 of the close games they lost because the offense got jammed up. And that means they make the playoffs.

Maybe Chip can out scheme and still manage but I'm not going to assume that automatically because he hasn't had to do it. He went from Desean + McCoy to Maclin and McCoy. Now it's to Polk/Sproles + Cooper.

Of course I'm just venting and team will look completely different week 1. Maybe the defense will be world's better because that seems to be the goal right now plus maybe Mariota.

But right now on day 1 of FA knowing they lost out on McCourty, Gore, Dre, and who knows who else plus trading away McCoy... yeah not super excited right now.

brentech

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 10m10 minutes ago
The #Packers are expected to keep OT Bryan Bulaga, source says. They are closing in on a deal. High priority for them.

Colasante

It's funny that Ryan Grigson wasted 1st round picks on Trent Richardson and Bjoern Werner, and now the Colts are signing 31-year-old Frank Gore and 32-year-old Trent Cole to replace them. Not great team building there.

Tom Penny

It's funny that Ryan Grigson wasted 1st round picks on Trent Richardson and Bjoern Werner, and now the Colts are signing 31-year-old Frank Gore and 32-year-old Trent Cole to replace them. Not great team building there.

Frank Gore at 35 is better than Richardson.

JABEE

So the Colts gave Gore a better offer than the Eagles and he preferred playing with Andrew Luck. I don't blame him. Still admire Gore as a great player

MechDX

Add in 34 year old Andre Johnson to replace 36 year old Reggie Wayne

effzee

Grigson sucks. Colts signed him as if he was some hot shot in the Eagles FO. His only great move has been drafting Luck! What a great diamond in the rough !

Bowser

Adam Caplan ‏@caplannfl 1m1 minute ago
Trent Cole does not have a deal with the #Colts, per league source. Several teams still remain interested.

MechDX

Texans are the bad guys in all this really.

But hey, just business right?

image.php

Fans blame Texans but ultimately this is what they wanted. Everyone bitched about Kubiaks no accountability and good ol boy network. "Why cant we be like the Patriots/Steelers/Ravens?!?" they screamed.

Now you have a coach who will make those tough decisions and move on from players before they completely fall apart and they bitch and whine.

rando14

Aaron Wilson ‏@RavensInsider
Cary Williams three-year, $18 million deal: $3.5M bonus, salaries $3.5M, $5M, $6M, guaranteed money $7 million, 2015 salary guaranteed

Eh, not terrible. Interestingly Williams graded better than Maxie in coverage by PFF...

Talon

Cary Williams three-year, $18 million deal: $3.5M bonus, salaries $3.5M, $5M, $6M, guaranteed money $7 million, 2015 salary guaranteed

Eh, not terrible. Interestingly Williams graded better than Maxie in coverage by PFF...
uh, wut.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 10m10 minutes ago
The #Packers are expected to keep OT Bryan Bulaga, source says. They are closing in on a deal. High priority for them.

1411351839000-levy.jpg

Won't matter with DeAndre Levy blitzing and Ziggy Ansah rushing on the same side.

effzee

Fully confident you guys will turn him into a better player than he is but no way is he good or better than Maxwell.

His bad play was only covered up by the terrible play of Bradley Fletcher

Hammer24

Banned
Roy Cummings ‏@RCummingsTBO · 58 Sek.Vor 59 Sekunden
Jabaal Sheard is just the kind of guy #Bucs want. Can play both DE spots and is as good vs. the run as he is vs. pass. Keep an eye on him.

Duxxy3

He's a shitty GM. Never should have let go of Polian.

effzee

A couple Eagles beat writers now reporting that the Eagles are the front-runners to land Ron Parker.

What's the consensus on him?

I know nothing other than he is available and fits a need. PFF had him graded pretty low.

Nate Allen is still available

Bowser

The Colts signing 32 year old pass rusher Trent Cole, 31 year old RB Frank Gore, and 34 year old WR Andre Johnson (to replace 36 year old WR Reggie Wayne) sounds like the type of splashy moves fans get excited for during the offseason and then decry as over the hill 10 games into the season.

Has Oakland signed anyone?

Just Hudson so far.

Thinking is the same as last year that Mark Davis has no cash on hand for big signing bonuses. Kinda ties Reggie's hands.

That and that we're still the Raiders and play in a dump.

The Colts signing 32 year old pass rusher Trent Cole, 31 year old RB Frank Gore, and 34 year old WR Andre Johnson (to replace 36 year old WR Reggie Wayne) sounds like the type of splashy moves fans get excited for during the offseason and then decry as over the hill 10 games into the season.

If Raiders did that, we would be getting piled on non-stop.

Top Bottom