• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 2015 |OT2| Home of Baseball, Anime, Cricket, and Magic Johnson

images

Hope hes told wrong cause if that's the case, then this makes NO SENSE

MRSA

Banned
Prefer Dan Williams. Basically the same guy, but younger and presumably cheaper. Maybe Pot Roast overplayed his hand or JDR doesn't think he has much left.

Important role if the Raiders really are going to be doing more spread concepts. Should pair nicely with Rivera and Gresham if we get him.

Dan Williams is a year younger I don't see that as signifcantly younger.

Seriously though, Lee Smith? Unless his contract is only guaranteed the first year than Reggie is an idiot.

@mikefreemanNFL
I texted a 49ers scout about Jimmy Graham trade and he sent me back one word: "F--k."

It sucks because it's true lol. The dude is such a mismatch against ANY defense, even a good one like the 49ers. When we played the saints in the playoffs Willis had perfect coverage on him most of the time but it doesn't matter because he can just jump high then you and strong arm the ball out of the air it's not even fair how good Grahm is lol.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
The Lions signed Ngata?

This really happened?

The Lions, owners of a previous 0-16, lost a strength and actually had a reasonable backup plan to build on the two strengths (Ansah and the linebackers) left?

Martin Mayhew made a decision that Plinko wanted?

What the fuck?

ibrlVByCsfr7nc.gif

:D :D :D

I figured this was the plan. There were no rumors of them visiting with any DTs for the most part. It was too quiet. Ngata played under Teryl Austin before and the Lions are looking to move to a 3-4. It made perfect sense. I'm happy with the move and hope they can work out a longer-term deal.

I still would draft a DT in the first two rounds. I'm worried they'll throw too much money at Fairley.

good night Jimmy Grahams sweet fantasy numbers. At least Seahawks have a legitimate option when passing. How the hell are they gonna stay under the cap when Wilson gets that big deal.

I love seeing the Saints get taken apart piece by piece. Time for them to go back to the NFC South cellar. It's all unfolding so perfectly for Jameis.

That was a crowded cellar this season...

gutshot

Ian Rapoport @RapSheet
DeMarco Murray took note that Sam Bradford is headed to the #Eagles. They ran the same offense in college. #Eagles in the mix.

I'M SO CONFUSED

methodman

Banned
Ian Rapoport @RapSheet
DeMarco Murray took note that Sam Bradford is headed to the #Eagles. They ran the same offense in college. #Eagles in the mix.

I'M SO CONFUSED
wtf? if sam bradford is the reason demarco decides for the eagles it would just be fucking hilarious

Cardinals clearly taking this division now, SEA just hit the panic button with this ridiculously desperate move!!! (not sure why they panicked) So they get rid of the only talent on the OL they have, their first round pick and now will sacrifice re-upping Wagner and Irving plus lose Carpenter and won't be able to re-sign Okung next year. Their two strengths, run game and defense just got weaker for a TE that doesn't block and is soft as tissue paper. Graham is a stud at receiving but he thrived off of a QB really proficient with accuracy and timing, two things Russel isn't known for. He will not be the same threat in SEA he was in NO and even if he works out well, they lose so much of what makes them great that they grow weaker over all. Furthermore, this just ties their hands going forward and they still have Wilson to save for so they can't go after anyone that will actually help them like say an offensive linemen. HAHAHAHAHA I'm ecstatic!

Meanwhile, we lock up Iupati for a nice number of years for a fair amount and I already mentioned yesterday how much of a massive difference he's going to make for our offense. A truly huge signing for us given what our weaknesses were. Veldheer and Iupati is going to be a fearsome left side! I like the one year deal for Woodley for Vet minimum, zero risk to kick the tires on how he's bounced back from that injury and will hopefully at least be solid depth but regardless, ties up no cap to go after a better pass rusher like Orakpo (though I'm still really nervous about him staying healthy). I imagine we'll address pass rush early in the draft regardless what we do in FA.

It sucks because it's true lol. The dude is such a mismatch against ANY defense, even a good one like the 49ers. When we played the saints in the playoffs Willis had perfect coverage on him most of the time but it doesn't matter because he can just jump high then you and strong arm the ball out of the air it's not even fair how good Grahm is lol.

True, but he is constantly injured in some way, partly because of that aggressive nature. And when my dude Jimmy gets injured, his productivity falls off a cliff.

Wes

venison crêpe
Can someone summarise what has happened today? Graham to Seattle? What did Saints get? Skrine to Jets? Bradford swap with Foles???!!

cdyhybrid

Cardinals clearly taking this division now, SEA just hit the panic button with this ridiculously desperate move!!! (not sure why they panicked) So they get rid of the only talent on the OL they have, their first round pick and now will sacrifice re-upping Wagner and Irving plus lose Carpenter and won't be able to re-sign Okung next year. Their two strengths, run game and defense just got weaker for a TE that doesn't block and is soft as tissue paper. Graham is a stud at receiving but he thrived off of a QB really proficient with accuracy and timing, two things Russel isn't known for. He will not be the same threat in SEA he was in NO and even if he works out well, they lose so much of what makes them great that they grow weaker over all. Furthermore, this just ties their hands going forward too and they still have Wilson to save for so they can't go after anyone that will actually help them like say an offensive linemen. HAHAHAHAHA I'm ecstatic!

Meanwhile, we lock up Iupati for a nice number of years for a fair amount and I already mentioned yesterday how much of a massive difference he's going to make for our offensive. A truly huge signing for us given what our weaknesses were. Veldheer and Iupati is going to be a fearsome left side! I like the one year deal for Woodley for Vet minimum, zero risk to kick the tires on how he's bounced back from that injury and will hopefully at least be solid depth but regardless, ties up no cap to go after a better pass rusher like Orakpo (though I'm still really nervous about him staying healthy). I imagine we'll address pass rush early in the draft regardless what we do in FA.

Remember when the Seahawks swept the Cards and dropped 600 yards on their supposedly good defense?

Also, you're ecstatic about not being able to resign all these guys like Carpenter and Okung, but those guys weren't that great in the first place.

Bowser

975TheFanatic ‏@975TheFanatic 5m5 minutes ago
Sal Pal: "Just talked to someone from Nick Foles family - he is absolutely pumped, overjoyed he's out of Philly."

lol

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Jay Glazer ‏@JayGlazer 31s32 seconds ago
The Saints and Seahawks are trying to finalize trade Jimmy Graham and a 4th rounder for Max Unger and Seattle first rounder

WHAT THE FUCK

Saints are in implode mode, confirmed. Sorry cajun.

Aaron Wilson ‏@RavensInsider · 47s47 seconds ago
Haloti Ngata traded to Detroit Lions, according to a source

All the thuggery of the Suh you're used to, but at half the price!

Adam Schefter @AdamSchefter
Filed to ESPN: Rams close to trading QB Sam Bradford to Philadelphia for Nick Foles and draft-pick compensation, per sources.

WTFFFFFFFFF

SECOND ROUND PICK TO EAGLES FROM RAMS LOL WTF

Albert Breer ‏@AlbertBreer 43s43 seconds ago
Looks like the pick going with Sam Bradford to Philly is a second-rounder.

Wow. JB easily won his bet if this is true. Unless, of course, he made a bet with a gigantic pussy.

Bet was for picks for Foles only. No other players could be involved. bet negated

More bombshells:

Mike Garafolo ‏@MikeGarafolo
QB Jake Locker is retiring. Wow.

Good. Persons made of glass shouldn't play contact sports. I'M LOOKING AT YOU, DERRICK ROSE!

ProFootballTalk ‏@ProFootballTalk 40s40 seconds ago
Confirmed -- 49ers sign WR Torrey Smith for $40 million over 5 years with $22 million guaranteed.

Holy fuck man.

And the 9er's implosion continues. He's good, but he's not a number 1.

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 13s13 seconds ago
NFL sent memos to specific teams today, telling them to hold on to phone records; investigating agreements announced in three-day window.

I hope Herr Goodell drops the hammer on all of the teams that are negotiating in bad faith! Luckily, the Steelers never talk to free agents, so they'll be the only team that can with an SB without an asterisk!

Can someone summarise what has happened today? Graham to Seattle? What did Saints get? Skrine to Jets? Bradford swap with Foles???!!
Saints got Max Unger and a first for Graham and a fourth, I believe.

Ngata to the Lions

Skrine to the Jets, yes

Bradford for Foles. Picks may or may not have been swapped.

MRSA

Banned
Raiders better at least sign Dan Williams, fuckin Reggie, I'm assuming he offered him 7 mill a season but Pot Roast wanted 8.5 a year like Odrick.

Tom Penny

I have to give it to Revis. He's the only NFL player I've ever seen continually bet on himself and always have the upper hand in all negotiations.

rando14

Cardinals clearly taking this division now, SEA just hit the panic button with this ridiculously desperate move!!! (not sure why they panicked) So they get rid of the only talent on the OL they have, their first round pick and now will sacrifice re-upping Wagner and Irving plus lose Carpenter and won't be able to re-sign Okung next year. Their two strengths, run game and defense just got weaker for a TE that doesn't block and is soft as tissue paper. Graham is a stud at receiving but he thrived off of a QB really proficient with accuracy and timing, two things Russel isn't known for. He will not be the same threat in SEA he was in NO and even if he works out well, they lose so much of what makes them great that they grow weaker over all. Furthermore, this just ties their hands going forward and they still have Wilson to save for so they can't go after anyone that will actually help them like say an offensive linemen. HAHAHAHAHA I'm ecstatic!

Meanwhile, we lock up Iupati for a nice number of years for a fair amount and I already mentioned yesterday how much of a massive difference he's going to make for our offense. A truly huge signing for us given what our weaknesses were. Veldheer and Iupati is going to be a fearsome left side! I like the one year deal for Woodley for Vet minimum, zero risk to kick the tires on how he's bounced back from that injury and will hopefully at least be solid depth but regardless, ties up no cap to go after a better pass rusher like Orakpo (though I'm still really nervous about him staying healthy). I imagine we'll address pass rush early in the draft regardless what we do in FA.

There is still hope for us yet!! A failed physical and this nightmare is OVER!! :cool:

Please say nice things at my funeral

Saints got Max Unger and a first round draft pick, which also gives the Saints something like 8 out of the first 44 picks. Seattle gets Jimmy and a 4th round pick.

A surprising amount of New Orleans, including myself, is actually ok with this.

Top Bottom