• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 2015 |OT2| Home of Baseball, Anime, Cricket, and Magic Johnson

You still don't have a QB, why so confident now? We were also injury plagued, you can't use that excuse, sorry!

Don't try to pretend a slew of injuries compares to a starting QB let alone the rest of the injuries we had, wasn't even close even with your line decimated. Keep saying Palmer isn't a QB, all he did was win us 10 games his first year with a new offense, team, coach, everything in the unarguable toughest division that season, winning 7 of the last 9 including your team in SEA and then went on to winning every game he played this last season (albeit not many games) while holding the best third down conversion record in the league during that time. I'm sure Arians scheme fitting him perfectly doesn't account for anything or the fact that this is by far the best weapons he's ever had in his career or how about the protection we've built up for him? You're right, what are we going to do? Meanwhile, your team will be keeping the ball in your MVP QB's hands and out of poor scrub Lynch's, woe is us!

cdyhybrid

Percy to Pats is a nice Amendola upgrade. Or a Woodhead replacement

Yep, replacing an average-speed, injury-prone, underproducing WR for an elite-speed, injury-prone, underproducing WR!

Don't try to pretend a slew of injuries compares to a starting QB let alone the rest of the injuries we had, wasn't even close even with your line decimated. Keep saying Palmer isn't a QB, all he did was win us 10 games his first year with a new offense, team, coach, everything in the unarguable toughest division that season, winning 7 of the last 9 including your team in SEA and then went on to winning every game he played this last season (albeit not many games) while holding the best third down conversion record in the league during that time. I'm sure Arians scheme fitting him perfectly doesn't account for anything or the fact that this is by far the best weapons he's ever had in his career or how about the protection we've built up for him? You're right, what are we going to do? Meanwhile, your team will be keeping the ball in your MVP QB's hands and out of poor scrub Lynch's, woe is us!

Winning in SEA? Was that the game where he threw 4 interceptions but the team still won because of their defense? That game?

Palmer sucks and is made of glass, and apparently you'll never learn this no matter how many years go by with him getting hurt and failing to win a playoff game.

And we don't even need to give it to Lynch to beat the Cards anymore, you let a scrub QB like Russell throw for 300 yards on you after all!

Fox318

94 minutes after free agency stated and the patriots haven't done anything

smh

ozVDzPt.gif

NO ONE will be happy when Brees goes, even when it's time for him to retire in a few years, but dude, Jimmy gets hurt and Jimmy becomes a ghost. I'd love if Saints could keep the guy, but his bill is too high for the team right now, and I honestly don't think that his undeniable playmaker skills totally offset his liabilities.

I predict Cooks will be new #1 receiver and we will all be thrilled.

So if/when Brees go...who do we get?

NO ONE will be happy when Brees goes, even when it's time for him to retire in a few years, but dude, Jimmy gets hurt and Jimmy becomes a ghost. I'd love if Saints could keep the guy, but his bill is too high for the team right now, and I honestly don't think that his undeniable playmaker skills totally offset his liabilities.

I predict Cooks will be new #1 receiver and we will all be thrilled.
Cooks, as long as he recovers well, is going to be so good hopefully. Really looking foward to seeing him play.

Vic Tafur ‏@VicTafur 2m2 minutes ago

Gotta write but Papa made good point on radio. Can't just pay Knighton whatever (unlike Suh) because Pot Roast not on field on 3rd & long

Not significant, fuckin Reggie low balling Pot Roast but overpaying for some bum at TE. Fuck you.

You realize blocking TE is a significant need for us right? Lee Smith is one of the best in the business. $3 mil a year is nothing.

Striker

So Giants signed Shane Vereen, Dwayne Harris, Jon Casillas, and Marshall Newhouse.

Vereen and Harris moves I do like. Both should improve ST's and third down. Casillas is a vet and is a good body on ST's as well, but the price is a bit odd for a journeyman type player. Unless Spags likes him from his NO days. Newhouse is shit so that's a Charles Brown type signings. Ugh.

Saw a rumor of Giants-Saints talking about DE Cam Jordan, but it is "dead at the moment".

HawkeyeIC

I'm happy with Torrey signing. Don't give a shit about the money but we need SOME speed. Hope he can stay healthy

I wasn't happy at first, but I've come around. The Willis retirement gives some cap freedom and they used it on their biggest need. I don't like going into the draft having to take a WR with the first pick and this gives flexibility.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Wait. The Steelers actually did put a call into Revis? What? Why? Think he might want to play for $1.6M instead of $16M?

Bowser

Ben Volin ‏@BenVolin 2m2 minutes ago
I’m told Revis wants $40 mil guaranteed over 3 years and the #Patriots balked at the full guarantee

Wait. The Steelers actually did put a call into Revis? What? Why? Think he might want to play for $1.6M instead of $16M?

They called and were like "we heard you want $4.0m over 3 years, we can do that" and he was like, "no, FORTY MILLION."

Losing Parnell is fine

losing durant is between "this sucks" to "whatever. he showed flashes but was hurt too much. this defense already has so many needs though that it doesn't help

Losing Harris is so far the worst, though.

McClain and Spencer I would love to have back. Especially spencer, that motherfucker owes us
I'd rather lose Harris than pay him what the Giants did. That's a lot of money for a ST player.

MRSA

Banned
You realize blocking TE is a significant need for us right? Lee Smith is one of the best in the business. $3 mil a year is nothing.

A blocking TE isn't hard to come by, shit throw a false start Barnes out there and you wouldn't be able to tell the difference between him and Lee Smith. Actually him and Barnes had the same amount of TDs last season.

Who cares about the Pats

They just won the Super Bowl, they get a pass for not doing shit. When was the last offseason they didn't do shit and it resulted in them not making the playoffs

Bowser

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 1m1 minute ago
Texans traded QB Case Keenum back to the St. Louis Rams for a 7th-round pick in 2016, per league sources.

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 22s22 seconds ago
Well, this is interesting: Bills also expressing interest in free-agent CB Darrelle Revis, per sources. Rex does love his CBs...

MechDX

NFLTradeRumors.co ‏@nfltrade_rumors · 44s44 seconds ago
RT @AdamSchefter: Texans traded QB Case Keenum back to the St. Louis Rams for a 7th-round pick in 2016, per league sources.

Wut? they just tendered him 30 minutes ago!

What are the Rams doing?

Yep, replacing an average-speed, injury-prone, underproducing WR for an elite-speed, injury-prone, underproducing WR!

Winning in SEA? Was that the game where he threw 4 interceptions but the team still won because of their defense? That game?

Palmer sucks and is made of glass, and apparently you'll never learn this no matter how many years go by with him getting hurt and failing to win a playoff game.

And we don't even need to give it to Lynch to beat the Cards anymore, you let a scrub QB like Russell throw for 300 yards on you after all!

A familiar story for seachickens fans

Yeah, but it's hardly a reason to discount him from one guy to the next. You'd probably still get 3-5 good years out of them.

Pot Roast does have a weight problem though. Struggles to keep it down.

Eh, was just trying to soften the blow.

I like Dan Williams though, he's a good player and fits JDR's scheme just fine.

Bowser

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 21s21 seconds ago
The #Patriots are still searching for playmakers. They inquired about CJ Spiller in that Shane Vereen role.

Top Bottom